Author Topic: Smash Bros. Dojo Updates Come to a Close  (Read 2660 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Smash Bros. Dojo Updates Come to a Close
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »
The popular Super Smash Bros. Brawl blog closes after 11 months of hype and service.
 http://nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15804

Monday April 14th was a momentous day in the history of Nintendo's Smash Bros. franchise. It was the final day of updates on the popular Smash Bros. Dojo. With posts on every weekday, it offered continuous updates about Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Starting on May 22nd, 2007, the blog ran for about 300 posts and was offered in seven different languages.    

According to series creator, Masahiro Sakurai, he wrote every single post in his native Japanese and then Nintendo’s localization staff translated the posts into the blog's six other languages. In his final note, Sakurai expressed his hopes that the site will continue to be used as a compendium for Super Smash Bros. Brawl information. He also hinted at the fact that he might use the Dojo for future announcements, but did not go into any detail about what those announcements might be.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Smash Bros. Dojo Updates Come to a Close
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:43:22 PM »
That's amazing if he actually did write all those daily updates... Maybe he really just wrote them all down over the course of a week and only posted them daily though...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »
SAAAAAKUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAII!
;_;

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
I stopped reading about a month before the game came out. By then there really werent any big reveals, oh well.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
*sigh* I'll remember the days of last semester when I would stay up late with my friends playing video games and then pause at a little after 3 AM EST and joyfully read the Dojo update.
Nine times out of ten it was something I knew already, but who cares, they were always well written and were actually pretty informative.
Even up until the waning days of it I would read it every few days, but I really wish more games did this (or could do this) because its a really cool way to get information out.

And I agree with Kairon, Sakurai probably wrote these over a few weekends and handed them over to the localization crews.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:11:13 PM »
Yup I used to read these on a daily basis. First thing I did when I got up in the morning was check the update to see if there were any huge announcements. The day Sonic was announced was epic. Captain Olimar announcement and the Stage Builder announcement were also equally as huge for me.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline pSYCO-gAMER321

• my giant image signature is still kewl
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
I already morned about the updates twice over and now I just saluted for good service. So many times when gamers rejoiced and bitched. Lovely.

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
This account is over 5 years old.  o.o
FC(JPN): 2781-3170-5058-4631
FC(USA): 4793-8665-4989-8838
SSBB(JPN) 3351-3351-3953

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:16:26 AM »
He could have wound it up with a big reveal like when the rest of us will be given the pleasure to play it!!!!!!!!111111111111111111maurice