Author Topic: New Legend of Zelda already in Quarter 2?  (Read 17254 times)

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
New Legend of Zelda already in Quarter 2?
« on: November 13, 2004, 03:47:33 AM »
I think my eyes were betraying me or something, but people have begun to talk about it, so it can´t be?

The new Zelda is coming out much sooner than anyone expected. Gamesindustry.biz says that Ninty released a list of games to come out early in 2005, and what do you think you find on that list for GCN? The Legend of Zelda, in Quarter 2! I am still holding my breath!

Nintendo explicitly stated that THIS game would come out SIMULTANEOUSLY worldwide! So not just Japan first ...still not breathing!

Has anybody else seen this? Hoax?  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: New Legend of Zelda already in Quarter 2?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 05:43:23 AM »
Considering it was on a Nintendo press release, it isn't a hoax...But I really doubt it will be done by then...I personally think it's just a small mistake...Oh well, I guess we'll see...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 06:13:27 AM »
Dude the new Zelda is easier to make than Wind Waker.  I mean c'mon its Nintendo.  Remember that first 3d goraud-shading Zelda demo movie they made for the GCN in 2001?  They pulled that off at the last minute.  They only really had to worry about gameplay and story.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
RE:New Legend of Zelda already in Quarter 2?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 06:17:18 AM »

Originally posted by: Draygaia
Dude the new Zelda is easier to make than Wind Waker.  I mean c'mon its Nintendo.  Remember that first 3d goraud-shading Zelda demo movie they made for the GCN in 2001?  They pulled that off at the last minute.  They only really had to worry about gameplay and story.

Yea...just gameplay, story, controls, dungeons, imagitive bosses...ya know, stuff like that.  Graphically, it might be easier to create the characters, but animating them and making the land of Hyrule into a place that these realistic characters would look natural in requires alot more thought and effort.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 06:21:19 AM »
Is it at all possible Nintendo has on again/off again been working on this game since that demo back in 2001?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 06:48:51 AM »
im expecting it in the second half
but last E3 showed they were quite far along with the game
if you consider that theres probably a giant team working on this one, they might pull it off really quickly (and they started beginning of 2003)

times change, maybe nintendo doesnt need 2.5- 3 or even 4 years anymore to develop a top game, as weve just seen with MP2
LZ 2005

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 07:35:11 AM »
I don't know where all this Q2 stuff came from.  All it says in the press release is that it's coming out in 2005.  It could be released on December 31 2005 for all we know.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 07:54:45 AM »
The thing is since the game is just using an upgraded version of the wind waker engine they won't have to go through some of the issues that making a game from scratch has.  I thought the press release said Q2 05.  maybe I read it wrong but even so every other game was from jan-june, so it seems odd that a game that might be sooo far away would be in this list.  Maybe it'll ride the success of E3 and fill the summer void that usually exist.  I would think that it comes out in autumn to stifle the sales of xbox 2.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 12:32:15 PM »
Apparently there's been some kind of typo...

I looked at the actual press release on Nintendo's online press room just now, and it doesn't show a "Q2" next to Zelda... I believe it used to tho...

Here's the new line(s):

"Q2: Geist from Nintendo"
"And an all-new adventure of The Legend of Zelda® from Nintendo is in development"

Right, Nintendo, do whatever you can to not get our hopes up and expect an early release only to delay it to 2015.  "Delay" is Zelda's middle name.  "Delay" is Blizzard's state of existence...
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 02:19:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Ages

Originally posted by: Draygaia

Yea...just gameplay, story, controls, dungeons, imagitive bosses...ya know, stuff like that.  Graphically, it might be easier to create the characters, but animating them and making the land of Hyrule into a place that these realistic characters would look natural in requires alot more thought and effort.

In an interview with IGN Nintendo just said it was easier to make.  Plus they already had experience with OoT.  The engine is still very similar to what was created with OoT.  I also remember long before the GCN launched that it was easy to develop for.  So whats new that they have to do?  The best I can think of is that when they create an area for Link to adventure is that they have to think of a story off that area rather than Square making up a story and creating an area built for it.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 07:26:27 PM »
The new one will take less time because they're using the Wind Waker engine for it.  Sure, you've got to think up enemies and weapons and designs and locations and all of that, but the process is spend up quite a lot when you already know what system you're using, and it's already made.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 07:59:17 PM »
The system is the smaller problem. Realisic objects take much longer than cel shaded content but then again I'd expect them to "do it the japanese way" and just skip on the textures and let the geometry do the work.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 09:10:55 PM »
I can't figure this one out. Half the sites say Q2 IS TEH ZELDA! And the other say Zelda sometime next year. So which is it?  

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 12:46:58 AM »
common sense and experience with nintendo should tell you sometime 2005 makes more sense
LZ 2005

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2004, 04:17:01 AM »
I'm going to say November 2005, the same date Ocarina of Time came out.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 04:31:26 AM »
They did it with metroid... so I'm with nickerson.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 04:48:56 AM »
Will anyone still care for Zelda once the Revolution is shown?  GCN is already in a hole it can't dig itself out of so most likely people will be looking forward to that instead.  I like to think of Zelda as the last big thing for the GCN with the rest not really being bad just something for you to play because of course everybody wants to see it big for the Revolution.

So if it is Q2 I feel an April release would be good that way I can pick it off the shelf easily the month after if it will be in such demand in April.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 05:09:23 AM »
" Will anyone still care for Zelda once the Revolution is shown? GCN is already in a hole it can't dig itself out of so most likely people will be looking forward to that instead."

The Rev will be backwards-compatible...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 05:23:17 AM »
That's not confirmed yet but it's highly probably. Remember Nintendo hasn't officially said anything at all about the Revolution except that it is in development, will be at E3 2005, and will come out "around the same time as the competetors' systems."

Personally, I want them to delay Zelda and pimp it up for the Revolution's launch, complete with the best graphics, sound, and music imaginable and ready to take advantage of whatever features the Revolution may have.

BTW, it's not a big deal that this will come out simultaneously worldwide. OoT came out in the same week in all the regions, and I'm pretty sure MM came out on the same date in the US, Europe, and Japan.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 10:12:16 AM »
I remember at E3 that either Anouma or TeH RegGie! said that it will be in playable form by E3 2k5. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd say it will come out the 2nd half of 2005. Remember Nintendo has some other titles that need to shipped out. *Looks at Star Fox and Giest* No need for the big N to upstage itself.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 11:35:28 AM »
If Revolution gets released end of 2006 in japan beginning 2007 usa and europe I think zelda will be very much still in the lifespan of the GCN

I think Nintendo know what theyre doing when it comes to zelda, they wouldnt risk crappy sales like that, or it might release 1st half of 2005 after all, they would have had 2.5 years of development time by then
LZ 2005

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 05:16:36 AM »
Zelda is the biggest game Nintendo has for GameCube next year, maybe even the biggest game for the Cube ever, so it should be obvious that it will release the game at Christmas.  I can see how it might be to Nintendo's advantage to release it sooner: this game is going to be a sysytem-seller...Matt C claimed that IGN traffic for the Zelda trailer dwarfed Halo 2 and GTA: San Andreas during E3.  Still, like others have said, Nintendo already has plenty for the first half of next year, so why waste the biggest game of the year?

Personally, I want to see this game on GameCube.  I want Nintendo to continue to show serious support for its consoles straight to the end and I don't want that year-long gap in gaming that we had at the end of the N64 and even the Super NES lifespans.  Revolution is still probably 18-24 months away, I think it would be bad to give up the last big release for the Cube more than a year before the next console is ready.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 05:50:17 AM »
Here is a link to a great Nintendo Interview, done in May this year, and centering around the Nintendo DS and the new Zelda. If you read it, you will understand why there is not going to be any delay in the release of the new Zelda.

Read about it

right here  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 06:21:10 AM »
"Will anyone still care for Zelda once the Revolution is shown?"

Yeah, me.

Plus I don't think the Revolution is going to have been shown in any serious way by the time the new Zelda comes out.  Sure we might have a glimpse of the system itself by then but in terms of actual games odds are we won't know much until E3 2006.  Unless Nintendo launches it in 2005 but I really doubt that.  Just seems too soon to me.

And realistically the only people who are going to be interested in the Revolution are hardcore types who are going to buy Zelda anyway.  The general public doens't really know anything about a new console until they see an ad for it and that especially holds true for a new Nintendo console which is probably going to attract less attention than the PS3 or Xbox Next.

Offline canned meat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2004, 07:14:34 PM »
I reckon they should take their time in making Zelda the best as possible. Xbox fans are going on about how Zelda is a kids game because it hasn't got good graphics...