Author Topic: I think something like this could (in theory) apply to the entire "pulling data from air" thing...  (Read 2506 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline FenixRPGm

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
... wow.  That's crazy, they didn't have any of this VEIL-new fangled stuff when I WAS a kid... lol, 'course, they didn't really have cell phones when I was a kid.... now THAT'S scary.

This is an optical technolegy, the DS is WiFi, with is Radio Frequency for those that don't know.  That exact technolegy woulden't be compatable.  But I seem to recall somthing Nintendo mentioned as a hypothetical.  The could give small data transmitters to movie theatres to be use in conjunction with Pokemon Movies, or even other videogame flicks.  It would be synced with the film, so at certian points in the moive, infor would be sent to your DS, such as a limited edition Pokemon, or even demos.  Hypothetical, but it sounds plausable...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Imangine if Nintendo teamed up with Clear Channel or something though and broadcasted a signal over regular radio waves - piggy backed on the latest Garth Brooks hit...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
You cannot broadcast a 802.11 signal over large distances, the FCC would hate you for that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Perhaps the DS could have some kind of FM receiver that we don't know about yet?

Hey, it's fun to speculate.