Author Topic: Release Date firmness  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Release Date firmness
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:07:12 PM »
Well, being that i regretfully work in retail, I have some first real news on when my store is gonna get the unit.  According to our paperwork we will get it in "Some days prior to the November 21 ad" Which, being that the 21st is a sunday, means we will be getting it early.  Now the real question is, will nintendo stay firm on the release date?  I remember back to when some stores sold gamecubes early so i figured i would start a thread where we could collect news on when certain stores were getting their units.  Anyone else work retail?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Release Date firmness
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 03:22:44 PM »
A certain store that chooses to remain nameless says that whenever they get their shipments loyal customers will get a call, but no one else.  Since the store isn't a big chain store I'm sure that he isn't getting a lot of DSs and wants to make sure that the people that really run his business aren't dissapointed.  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Release Date firmness
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 04:08:32 PM »
I work retail, but only at a Sam Goody shop.  No news from my manager but those little Nintendo Freebie booklets have all been swiped away by customers (DS is on the cover).  Chances are though we won't sell any unless Gamestop, Ebgames, and Babages sells out.  

I wish i could have some long ass conversation with a customer about the DS, instead the only game related conversations are about Halo 2, which I don't mind at all, but a lot of customers seem to just think it's going to be bad ass, when they have no idea whats new about the game, I usually fill them in............

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 07:30:19 AM »
Well my store (circuit city) got Mario 64 in today but still no systems.  The bad news is...though I would have bought the game today, corporate locked down the titles in the register until the 21st.  Circuit City stores have no way of selling them early.  Blah...  The bright side of this story is, if you hit up a circuit city at 10am on Sunday, I would be shocked if you didn't get your hands on a system....  As usual, pre orders aren't the necessity everyone thinks they are.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:32:43 AM »
I work at GameStop and my boss doesn't know what the deal is, he says we should be getting them Sunday, but the stock will be very small.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 05:20:52 PM »
Wal-Mart, as well, has the DS locked out from sales at the register.

Even though their TV ads say it's for sale now in the Home Entertainment department.

(And no, not even the store manager can override the sale at the register - it absolutly will not allow it.)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 08:59:49 PM »
the Best Buy i work at has had Mario on tuesday ( same drop ship as Metroid Prime 2).  and i believe we got the DSs yesterday.  saw them in the warehouse today before they locked them all till sunday morning.   The Media supervisor told me we have about 60.  not sure if they're locked out of the system, but i know they are locked up in the warehouse...  i guess i know where i'll be sunday morning.