Author Topic: New Nintendo Product Revealed!!!  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
New Nintendo Product Revealed!!!
« on: January 20, 2004, 05:43:59 PM »

Nintendo Announces Dual-Screened Portable Game System; ``Mystery'' Product to Launch Later This Year

E3Expo 2004

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 20, 2004--An unprecedented approach to video game play -- holding two separate game screens in the palm of your hand -- hits the scene later this year when Nintendo introduces a new portable game system, code-named Nintendo DS.

From information made available today, players can look forward to being able to manage their game progress from two different perspectives, enhancing both the speed and strategy of the challenge. For example in a soccer game, users can view the whole game on one screen while simultaneously focusing on an individual soccer player's tackle or goal on the other screen.

Players will no longer be forced to interrupt game play to shift perspective, such as moving from a wide shot to a close up, or alternating between a character's ongoing battle and a map of the environment. Nintendo DS makes it possible to perform the tasks in real time by simply glancing from one screen to the other.

Today's announcement is but a glimpse of the additional features and benefits that will be shown in full at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles in May. Once fully revealed, players will see innovative advances in game interaction.

"We have developed Nintendo DS based upon a completely different concept from existing game devices in order to provide players with a unique entertainment experience for the 21st century," explains Satoru Iwata, Nintendo president.

Nintendo DS features two separate 3-inch TFT LCD display panels, separate processors, and semiconductor memory of up to 1 Gigabit. It's scheduled to launch worldwide before the end of 2004.

In addition to Nintendo-developed software, the company is in discussions with third-party game developers around the world.

Nintendo DS will be marketed separately from the company's existing Nintendo Game Boy(R) Advance portable system and Nintendo GameCube(TM) home console.

The worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home and portable video game systems. Each year, hundreds of all-new titles for the best-selling Game Boy(R) Advance and Nintendo GameCube(TM) systems extend Nintendo's vast game library and continue the tradition of delivering a rich, diverse mix of quality video games for players of all ages. Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.8 billion video games globally, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario(TM) and Donkey Kong(R) and launching popular culture franchise phenomena such as Metroid(TM), Zelda(TM) and Pokemon(R). A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

EDIT: Errr whoops, theres a thread in talkback now. So uh...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: New Nintendo Product Revealed!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:54:36 PM »
Delete it fast!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »
change it to a thread about 1080 vs SSX3, all the RAD people do that.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:New Nintendo Product Revealed!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 01:06:45 AM »
I feel this may have something to do with FFCC using two screens per player; and/or the dual screens working as right and left eye screens for compact vr compatable with GC and GB.  With each screen giving a different angle the game becomes 3d when the brain puts the two angles together.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »
so they are going to recall the game in japan, cancel the NTSC and PAL releases and (re)release it at the end of this year to coincide with teh launch of the DS?

spot the logic flaw kids
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Chode2234

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 05:10:48 AM »
Im excited for the DS, at least to see it, so curious am I
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline dubdub57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 02:30:04 PM »
I'm not agains this whole idea because Nintendo will find some freaky way to make the product awesome, but what the hell? Two screens, thats cool but why? What if the third party developers won't make games with the duel screens. I hope they don't.
im not crazy cuz i take the right pills

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 07:34:41 PM »
There have been rumblings about this using current software for example FFCC.

Honestly though I believe the 3rd parties are tired of the gimmicks like GBA/GC connectivity, Ecards, and now dual screens so Nintendo doesn't have to put a button on the system for camera.  

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 10:41:35 PM »
didnt nintendo mention that the 2 screens can be used as one big one for those lazy ass developers that just want to sh*t out typical carbon copy games and not have to actually THINK or be creative?  I dont see what all the negative vibes are all about with this new anouncement, I'm all for it.  It can be used as 1 screen or 2.  So the option is there for developers to just keep there lives simple developing the same 2d , rpg, racing, action etc games we've been playing for yrs with a new coat of paint or for the key few developers that actually want to open up new ways of playing and/or presenting games.  2 screens may not sound like much but with the right mindset and the drive, you can create something totally unique with it.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 03:50:13 PM »
I think I found the first pic of the Nintendo BS

this machine has all angles covered.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2004, 03:05:02 PM »
NBS is awesome, I'll pass that one along.  Of course if it does turn into another Nintendo gimick then I won't be buying it.

Of course I'm not the only one on the net talking vr....http://wireless.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/5224/.....the question is why is this topic of 3d gaming not getting the buzz it deserves?  Sure this hardware may be wireless, but that doesn't mean it is a game system.  Nintendo may not be looking to replace the GBSP till at least 05.

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 03:43:03 PM »
Hahaha, that NBS reminds me of that show "Reboot" with all those screens popping up.
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »
New info has been revealed about the DS.  It is using cards (which means it is likely going to play games as well as display them), and it all sounds very unenthusing.  The rest of Nintendo's history is to be decided at E3, but I believe we will get nothing but disappointment.

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 12:06:07 PM »
NINTENDO BS ??
Wow it's coooollll guys.
Somehow, I wonder how it fliped.
BS = Bull sh*t
BTW still a nice joke

Help Me Please.