Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553617 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1975 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:34 AM »
Buried

I like this move. If I remember right, it was based on a true story and that story fuckin sucks. I can't imagine being trapped in a coffin with only a lighter, a cellphone, a knife and a pen then have to not only figure out where I am, but how the hell I'm supposed to get out of there.RR did an excellent job up displaying the frustration that I can only imagine everyone would go through waking up in that situation. Everything about it is fucked up from beginning to end.

How very odd.  My wife and I just watched this one today.

It was a pretty good movie.  I love the fact that the budget for the movie was probably about $500 + Ryan's salary.  As BnM said, RR did a great job of carrying this entire movie virtually completely by himself.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 23, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »
Buried

I like this move. If I remember right, it was based on a true story and that story fuckin sucks. I can't imagine being trapped in a coffin with only a lighter, a cellphone, a knife and a pen then have to not only figure out where I am, but how the hell I'm supposed to get out of there.RR did an excellent job up displaying the frustration that I can only imagine everyone would go through waking up in that situation. Everything about it is fucked up from beginning to end.

How very odd.  My wife and I just watched this one today.

It was a pretty good movie.  I love the fact that the budget for the movie was probably about $500 + Ryan's salary.  As BnM said, RR did a great job of carrying this entire movie virtually completely by himself.

I was thinking the same thing about the budget since the entire movie pretty much takes place in a box.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
"Pretty much"?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 23, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
well I didn't want to give anything away..... ;D

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
Green Hornet: 8/10

It's a dumb action/comedy romp, but it never pretends to be anything else.  The hand-to-hand fighting sequences are pretty lame, but the car chases are fun, and the movie has chuckles spread evenly throughout: there aren't a whole lot of laugh-out-loud moments, but I had a smile on my face through most of it.  But as you'd expect, skip the 3D: we went to the wrong theater, and wound up blowing an extra $5 for not a whole lot of product.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: January 24, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
People should really do their research on any 3D movie they wanna see. (Not that I'm saying noname2200 didn't, just a general warning for others). GH wasn't shot in 3d, but was converted to 3d in post production (and the release was pushed back because of it too). When this is the case, definitely DON'T spend extra money on the 3d because it'll never be worth it (well, I haven't been proven wrong on this yet).

As for me, I know I say this a lot but DAMN I can't help but get excited when I say I only spent $6 to see this in IMAX 3D :D. I give it the same score as noname2200 actually, for all the same reasons. I wasn't expecting much and I left delighted because of it. As said before, there weren't many LOL moments but the laughs were consistent enough. In fact, there was one part of the movie where I actually did LOL all by myself, too bad I can't remember what it was.

Oh, the bruce lee references were a nice homage to the original GH tv show. Nice touch.

Hancock 5/10 I literally thought this movie was just "okay"

Grandma's Boy 7/10 el-oh-effin-el movie, but far from great.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
Ok, I didn't just watch this, but I've been thinking about it for a while now (seen it several times)...

The Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy - 10/10
Ok, I might be rating it a little too highly, but this is probably the funniest movie I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it, you need to do so, immediately - especially if you were a fan of the series, and also especially if you are not a fan of the series.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: January 25, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »
Also, I thought Grandma's Boy was pretty horrible, which is disappointing because Nick Swardson is hilarious. The only funny parts are when Nick talks, and when the dude jerks off all over Nick's mom.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 25, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
haha well Grandma's Boy was my introduction to Nick Swardson....maybe thats why I like it so much.  Its good and bad, i find it to be a terrible unrealistic representation of video game companies...at the same time it introduced me to Nick Swardson and Jonah Hill so I'll always have a good opinion of it. Plus Allen Covert as a leading mas works, and I have that shirt he wears the whole movie.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
I think you guys need to partake in their herbal activities in order to enjoy that movie, cuz I think it's hysterical.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:10 AM »
I think the whole video game development company thing was the worst part. It was like one of those commercials you see on TV for some bullshit school that teaches "game design" (which, by the way, is a waste of time), and some attractive female comes into a room where two douchebags are playing some pre-rendered 1980s 3D animation and asks, "Hey guys, how are those graphics coming along?" and **** like that. Makes me want to cry. Anyway...watch Brain Candy.

BTW, I am in no way promoting drugs (I assume people already know that they exist, and that weed makes things funnier), but I watched the movie Orange County in the theaters and thought it was horrible, and a few years later I watched it when I was high, and thought it was hilarious, so The Unagi has a point.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »
hey weed is semi-legal in 30% of the country
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 26, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Ok, I didn't just watch this, but I've been thinking about it for a while now (seen it several times)...

Ok, I might be rating it a little too highly, but this is probably the funniest movie I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it, you need to do so, immediately - especially if you were a fan of the series, and also especially if you are not a fan of the series.

I've always loved the series, but don't recall really liking the film that much. The newer mini-series, Death Comes to Town was worth watching however.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1988 on: January 26, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »
I think you guys need to partake in their herbal activities in order to enjoy that movie, cuz I think it's hysterical.

To be honest, a movie is terrible if you have to be high to enjoy it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: January 26, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »

I didn't realize they put out a movie, I MUST watch that as I loved the series.

BTW, I am in no way promoting CANDY (I assume people already know that they exist, and that CANDY makes things funnier), but I watched the movie Orange County in the theaters and thought it was horrible, and a few years later I watched it when I was SUGARhigh, and thought it was hilarious, so The Unagi has a point.

I recall not liking Orange County (the one with Jack Black and that scrawny dude right?)...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: January 26, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »

Shut up, narc.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1991 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:32 PM »
I didn't say it can't make you enjoy the movie more, just that it must not be very good if you need it to even enjoy the movie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »
Stop bringing me down! You're a total bummer, dude.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: January 26, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
Stop bringing me down! You're a total bummer, dude.

seriously killing my buzz here, just when i thought i found away to find the forums enjoyable again ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: January 26, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »
The Virginity Hit

It's about a group of friends who deem a specific bong only usable when one of the group loses their virginity. One of the boys in the group has is 2yr anniversary coming up and he plans on losing his V to his long time GF who is also a V, but ofcourse things are not gonna ago as planned, continue to not go as planned and become more conflicted for him as he goes on. The entire movie is shot from the perspective of someone's camera, and the main camera used is from his best friend who is like a better Jonah Hill. It has it's moments and most of the comedic value comes from the Jonah Hill-like guy.

I would suggest a little expletive before hand, but it's not necessary if you are in a good mood already when watching the movie.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:47:13 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: January 26, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

Yeah you maybe right cuz I saw the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 on shrooms and I thought it was the best my I've ever seen hahaha

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:44 AM »
So I'm starting to watch Stone (at this very moment) and they pull a FUCKIN A-TEAM on me AGAIN!!!!

WTF? Why do I need a 5 minute preview and actor mini documentary on the movie just before I'm gonna watch the fucking movie? what is this trend. STOP IT HOLLYWOOD!! It's NOT funny and I am NOT amused.

....back to my movie now.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: January 27, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
Maybe you should invest in AnyDVD? Rip all of those annoying adverts right out! ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 27, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
What can I say about Stone?

Edward Norton did a very convincing job and looked pretty good with cornrows.
Milla Jovovich is skinny as a crack whore and has tiny tits with tootsie roll nipples. Her body looked like a creature from Species. You could see her all of her ribs and every single detail of her spinal cord. I was really turned off when she would twist and contort in an attempt to be sexy. It wasn't.
Edward Norton's character wasn't joking when he said "She is like an ALIEN... I mean she is from another planet". She really reminded me of that movie Species only not sexy in the slightest.

maybe I can make a .gif out of it.
edit: a gif is too much work. google it or something if you wanna see for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:40:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: January 27, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
Hahaha Stone?

That movie is terrible. 3 actors that I like in a terribly slow and boring movie. The only good part is the first convo between Norton and DeNiro (especially the bit about cummin on his chicks face...that had me rollin')