Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup - About 17 Minutes.  (Read 62605 times)

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2016, 01:27:30 AM »
I would like a SNES Mini too, but I already have about 30 games for my SNES. I want a 64 Mini because I dont own a 64.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2016, 03:08:51 AM »
I would like a SNES Mini too, but I already have about 30 games for my SNES. I want a 64 Mini because I dont own a 64.

Well, I imagine you have to wait awhile.  NES Mini this year.  Probably won't get SNES mini next year because of the focus on the Switch.  Perhaps SNES mini in 2 years.  Then N64 mini in 2 more years.  Sounds about right.  I also wouldn't mind Nintendo doing a portable mini. A Gameboy mini to play gameboy color colors.  Then a Gameboy Advanced Mini.  But those could come out later. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2016, 03:21:14 AM »
They remastered Zelda OOT for 3ds,

OOT Switch?

I never owned a 3ds, but I imagine a side project of Zelda Oot 3D could have been an hd version for a future console. I wouldn't mind buying Super Mario Sunshine or Mario 64 remastered either.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2016, 10:08:34 PM »
Then a Gameboy Advanced Mini.  But those could come out later.

Rerelease Gameboy Micro with lots of games built in.
I love my Micro

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2016, 10:54:22 PM »
Neither the PS4 nor the XB1 were successes based on their first year alone, so I don't think Nintendo is going to (or needs to) go completely overboard in year one. They need a very strong first year, much stronger than either the Wii U and 3DS obviously, but not at the expense of years two and three. If they start putting out games at a ridiculous pace, they're going to start cannibalizing sales of their own and (more importantly) third party software at some point too. Any hint of that is not going to sit well with the third parties, especially since many of them believe that their games generally have a hard time selling on Nintendo consoles to begin with (however accurate or inaccurate that may be). There needs to a balance between all the factors that go into the long-term success of a console.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
Neither the PS4 nor the XB1 were successes based on their first year alone, so I don't think Nintendo is going to (or needs to) go completely overboard in year one. They need a very strong first year, much stronger than either the Wii U and 3DS obviously, but not at the expense of years two and three. If they start putting out games at a ridiculous pace, they're going to start cannibalizing sales of their own and (more importantly) third party software at some point too. Any hint of that is not going to sit well with the third parties, especially since many of them believe that their games generally have a hard time selling on Nintendo consoles to begin with (however accurate or inaccurate that may be). There needs to a balance between all the factors that go into the long-term success of a console.

PS4 launched around the holidays, by the end of it's first holiday year it had already sold more than Wii U in its entire life and never looked back. It sure was a success in its first year, it was all news sites reported on for a very long time. It started slowing down once the hype wore off. Xbox One still isn't a success but its beating the pants off Wii U and about to surpass Game Cube so it's doing just about fine.

Nintendo consoles usually have the hype in the beginning and start to fade away once people learn the games aren't coming so they need to do everything in their power to keep the games coming.

If companies see the Switch as akin to the replacement for 3DS and Nintendo killing off their console line they WILL make games for it because they have always made scaled down games for the handheld market. If developers view it as a Wii U successor you can take on the go, that is a harder sell. Nintendo needs to make damn sure everyone is sold on this  being a handheld first, because everyone has confidence in their handheld division, nobody ever questions if the handheld will get games, even 3DS was slow at first but it got games once it took off.

The unknown is western developers that have moved away from handheld, if this thing is similar enough to their mobile offerings, expect it to be more inline with those, since people DO pay for the mobile games and companies do support mobile think of this as Nintendo's mobile tablet and their handheld which just happens to have TV support, that will all but ensure solid 3rd party support.

Looking at the list, the only major developer not listed, that matters, is Rockstar, and Rockstar has been the only company to go on record as saying they will never make games for Nintendo again. Now the new CEO has to convince them he is not Iwata or Yamauchi before they even have a chance of mending those wounds.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2016, 09:08:01 PM »
Then a Gameboy Advanced Mini.  But those could come out later.

Rerelease Gameboy Micro with lots of games built in.
I love my Micro

Add wireless multiplayer and I would buy 4 of these.  I always wanted a Micro.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2016, 09:15:21 PM »
We need a new Crystal Chronicles.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2016, 02:41:22 AM »
We need a new Crystal Chronicles.

Please? And make it a reboot/remaster of the original. The subsequent games were never up to the originals in terms of quality and fun mechanics.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2016, 03:07:03 AM »
If we had something similar in feel to the GameCube original or even the DS games, which were also fun dungeon crawlers, with the music of the original (one of my favorite soundtracks), that would be excellence.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
Yes, the original Crystal Chronicles struck an impressive balance of doling out roles to each player so that they all played an important part, but I don't think the execution was spot on. Echoes of Time, the second DS game, had the best equipment modification, magic, and race systems of the series. While I truly love the soundtrack for the first game, I also think that The Crystal Bearers for Wii had an incredible soundtrack.

One thing is for sure, however- this series should definitely see a return.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2016, 02:08:29 PM »
Yes, the original Crystal Chronicles struck an impressive balance of doling out roles to each player so that they all played an important part, but I don't think the execution was spot on. Echoes of Time, the second DS game, had the best equipment modification, magic, and race systems of the series. While I truly love the soundtrack for the first game, I also think that The Crystal Bearers for Wii had an incredible soundtrack.

One thing is for sure, however- this series should definitely see a return.

Count me in! Crystal Chronicles is one of only 4 Game Cube games I actually own and I loved the concept very much. I didn't get it on Wii, my brother in law took it upon himself to install my Life as a King on my Wii, a game I never got into, and I was so burned out on Wii and FF side games by that point I kind of forgot how much fun the original was.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
One of these days I hope to assemble three other friends with GBAs so that I can actually finish a full play through of the game.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2016, 09:33:42 PM »
I lost my GBA to GCN adapter.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
I bought four back when they released because I was delusional enough to think that I could wrangle three other people to sit down and play with me.Only ever succeeded with getting two others.
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2016, 01:56:28 AM »

That thievin' GCN adapter! Stealin' your GBA!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2016, 04:41:43 AM »

That thievin' GCN adapter! Stealin' your GBA!

Lol. That actually did make me laugh for about a minute.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2016, 08:44:19 PM »
Read a rumor that Mario Switch is further along than anyone knows and could be a launch game.

I am now guessing the Launch Line Up:
Super Mario Switch
Breath of Wild Switch

Summer release game:  Super Mario Kart Switch
Winter release game: Splatoon Switch

That is a killer line up for year one if you add 3rd party support and is quite reasonable.  I also would not be surprised if a Retro Studios game is available, but I am going to guess that will be saved for 2017.

I also expect a launch game packed into the box that is filled with simple games that show playing the system in different ways including Touch Screen, Single Switch attachment, Dual Switch attachment, And I expect that the Switch will throw an image to the TV for Wii U support Virtual console games...for games that require it. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2016, 10:19:13 PM »
Read a rumor that Mario Switch is further along than anyone knows and could be a launch game.

I am now guessing the Launch Line Up:
Super Mario Switch
Breath of Wild Switch

Summer release game:  Super Mario Kart Switch
Winter release game: Splatoon Switch

That is a killer line up for year one if you add 3rd party support and is quite reasonable.  I also would not be surprised if a Retro Studios game is available, but I am going to guess that will be saved for 2017.

I also expect a launch game packed into the box that is filled with simple games that show playing the system in different ways including Touch Screen, Single Switch attachment, Dual Switch attachment, And I expect that the Switch will throw an image to the TV for Wii U support Virtual console games...for games that require it.

The only way I believe the Mario Switch out at launch rumor is if we know for sure we're getting a second mainline Zelda game for Switch down the road. Looking at Zelda's ridiculous development gaps, I'm not so sure about that. Zelda comes out at launch, Mario comes out at Winter. No need to waste two of your big bullets at launch when one will do.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2016, 10:34:12 PM »
Yeah even if Mario was ready for launch, they're not going to release both games at the same time.  Unless Nintendo plans on shipping over 10 million systems at launch there's no point in releasing both games together since that won't do anything to boast sales.  Zelda alone will be big enough to sell the first few million units during launch period.  Mario is better saved for the months after to help boast sales again after the launch hype starts to dye down.

Plus if they released them at the same time Zelda will overshadow Mario which I doubt Nintendo would want to happen.  The open world genre right now is the most popular genre in gaming and Nintendo looks to have something that could be revolutionary for this genre with Breath of the Wild.  Even if Mario is also pretty mindblowing like 64 and Galaxy, Zelda will be the game receiving the majority of attention from the media and most fans a like. 

Nintendo wants both games to get the most sales they can and releasing them at the same time is just going to cause one of them to overshadow the other.  This is why when you have one killer app being released, you release smaller titles like Pikmin or Excite Trucks which otherwise wouldn't have gotten big sales on their own to piggy back off the big ones while 2 equally big titles just end up taking attention away from each other.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:01 AM »
Well, if Mario WAS ready for launch then that's a nice problem to have. Hold off on Mario for maybe two months before releasing it, and in the meantime the dev team can get a 2 month head start on their next project!

I'm starting to really get excited for the potential of Year 1 of the Switch. Imagine... A new amazing game every two months? Zelda in March? Mario in May? Kart in July? Splatoon in September? With that embarrassment of riches (Four Nintendo Top Tier Franchises) in the space of just 6 months how could anyone resist chasing down awesome Switch Bundles in Holiday 2017, and that's without even imagining the effect of other Nintendo First Party Titles, and whatever Third-Party Support I can hope for.

I do, for example, think I'm gonna be buying my first Basketball game since the 1990's.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:07 AM »
If you follow the old rumors Mario Switch was probably supposed to be released LAST YEAR for Wii U. They may even have a Metroid going with the way Wii U ended with how many months we had any sort of information.

Switch seems to be like a mix of what happened with n64 to gamecube and gamecube to wii.

if we recall projects like Kameo, Eternal Darkness, and Star Fox Adventures were moved to gamecube. Kameo came out on Xbox because of the Rare buyout, I supposed Perfect Dark Zero and probably Grabbed by the Ghoulies also were in development and would have ended up on gamecube if it wasn't for the buyout.

As we all know Twilight Princess ended up on both Gamecube and Wii, which helped Wii a whole bunch.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:16:24 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2016, 02:14:07 AM »
Isn't Pikmin 4 potentially also super far along, possibly even finished?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2016, 02:17:09 AM »
I'm sure we can pull up quotes and do some detective work. There is the problem of the up-ended table though.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »
I'm sure we can pull up quotes and do some detective work. There is the problem of the up-ended table though.

Yeah. That's true. It's also possible that Pikmin got de-prioritized or shelved in favor of other projects. I LOVE the Pikmin franchise but I really don't think it's posting anywhere near the sales numbers to justify the sort of resources that I imagine got sunk into Pikmin 3.

Pikmin's ultimate fate is probably to sink into the B/C Tier of Nintendo franchises in terms of development resources unless some plucky EAD devs can figure out a way to make great Pikmin games on the cheap. /cry