Author Topic: Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion  (Read 464476 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
That was some awesome music...

Now all we need is a classic DK Arcade stage for it to play on...

Indeed, the song is way too specific for it being a "My Music" option for the Jungle Falls stage.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
The music reminds me of some of the earlier stuff on OC Remix.  I like it.  And I can't be the only one who was excited when he saw Hip Tanaka's name.  The update says, "He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!"  Sure enough, his name's been added to the bottom of the list.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Plus there's the fact that the song was composed by Hirokazu Tanaka.  This is huge since Tanaka hasn't composed anything for over a decade.  Actually I think the last game he composed music for was Mother 2 back in 94.

Also this quote could prove important.

He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!

This makes me wonder if any other composers have joined.  Since this game is looking to become one big tribute to videogame history, I'm sure there's lots of composers that want to be a part of it.  So I'd imagine over since the site first opened last May there's been several other videogame musicians who have come to Sakurai wanting to be part of the action.  Since music is the easiest part of the game to add, I'd imagine that they're still might have some new musicians still composing music for this game even as we speak.  

Plus since the CD's are a collectable like trophies and stickers, that means there's going to be a lot of songs.  Since Melee had over 290 trophies to collect, Brawl could have around that many CD's to collect.  That's right, we could be looking at around 300 songs being in this game, and with all the musicians they have, it's very possible.  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
That's right, we could be looking at around 300 songs being in this game, and with all the musicians they have, it's very possible.

Good God, just think of the size of the OST if that is true.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Since most songs are shorter than what you'd regularly expect, I don't think they would pass 5 discs.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi
Since most songs are shorter than what you'd regularly expect, I don't think they would pass 5 discs.

Well from the site it seems that the average song is going to be somewhere around 1.5 - 2 minutes.  Now since most OST's like to repeat the song twice, that would be around 4 minutes for each song making 1,200 minutes worth of music.  Since CD's can hold 80 minutes that would give Brawl a 15 disc OST.   Damn that's a lot.

OK, now maybe I went a little overboard when I said 300 before but I do think that this game at the very least will have around 150 songs.  That just makes it a 600 minute OST with 8 discs.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
I've never really given it much thought but Wario is really going to be an odd character to control.  He rips 'em and rides his bike and now he turns into Wario Man.

One question I have though, since this isn't a super powerful final smash, is how long this will last?  Will it be more like Giga Bowser or ZSS?
Bah my brain hurts and now I'm gonna dream about motorcycles and farting.  NOT a good night sleep.  
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
Don't do it.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
At the very least, it's nice to see that his old trademark "sideways-sliding shoulder tackle" is still present, in some form. I also wonder exactly what is implied by "negate a variety of moves."

Also, the thing about the bike amuses me. It kind of reminds me of  this.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
Warioman!  It's nice to see them pay homage to both Warioware and Warioland with this final smash.  And it's nice to see one that's a little different.  What do I know.  It;s late and I'm drunk.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Oi, here we go then:

Have sweet dreams now.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
I don't know, Strell. That's kind of... not worse. It's a bit more frightening than the real Wario-Man, but still less frightening than the real Tingle.  

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
What happened to the mushroom cloud?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The Mushroom cloud, I think they decided to make that fart part of his regular attacks.

Or it is still there because it says all his special attacks are enhanced.  Perhaps the nuclear fart is still there as just a regular move during his final smash...if you wait and store it up for the entire attack.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
And Event Mode has returned, as if anyone doubted it. Some of these look pretty cool, like destroying all the terrain in Skyworld, or playing as Yoshi and getting both opponents in eggs at the same time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I like the difficulty settings. That is a welcome addition in my book.  
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
Although expected, MUCH better then the TV resolution update!

Difficulties are a welcome addition although I'm sure my mad skillz will result in my ultimate demise for the harder settings.  
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Did they have stamina settings in Melee?  I don't remember any event where you got hit points instead of damage percentage.  So that's a brand new addition as well, right?  I like that and hope it's part of the level designing aspect of the game.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS

Originally posted by: Louieturkey
Did they have stamina settings in Melee?  I don't remember any event where you got hit points instead of damage percentage.  So that's a brand new addition as well, right?  I like that and hope it's part of the level designing aspect of the game.

Melee had a stamina mode, IIRC. If you lost all your hit points you fainted.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
There was a way to play with stamina like that, but I don't think it was ever used in the single player modes.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
Difficulty settings will be good. I got through very few of the event matches in Melee, so it'll be nice to be able to see more of them... maybe even get practice to beat the normal mode.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
    • View Profile
Sakurai is lulling us into a state of sleepiness so when the real updates start coming, it'll explode the internet into a frenzy of hype once again.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Sakurai is lulling us into a state of sleepiness so when the real updates start coming, it'll explode the internet into a frenzy of hype once again.

I pretty much accepted this. It makes sense for him to stay quiet on the game's big updates and save them for the right time.

Although, today's update was a really good one. I enjoyed Event mode back in Melee and it looks like Event mode in Brawl might be even better!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
    • View Profile
I blew through it to unlock the secret characters and never touched it again.

Also, I hope we can unlock secret characters via much gameplay as was the case in Melee. I might just pick up and jump online the minute I get the game.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I blew through it to unlock the secret characters and never touched it again.

Also, I hope we can unlock secret characters via much gameplay as was the case in Melee. I might just pick up and jump online the minute I get the game.

At the very least, this is a much better update than the updates about colors, taunts and TV screen formats .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer