Author Topic: Viewtiful Cartoon  (Read 1836 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Viewtiful Cartoon
« on: October 04, 2005, 06:55:02 PM »
I haven't seen it discussed yet... or I don't lurk in the shadows often enough, but this past Sunday during the Ninja Turtles there was a commercial for a Viewtiful Joe cartoon. I don't remember seeing any reports of it on any of the regular gaming sites.

Viewtiful Joe Homepage

And, about those Yeti in that SSX Tour advert. Anyone else get reminded of the opening sequence from Mel Brooks 'History of the World Part One' (It has everything on 2001's) ? If you haven't seen it, rush out and get it.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Viewtiful Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 06:55:47 PM »
Oh blol, this came stateside?  And I missed it?  
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 10:20:47 PM »
Just as a side note, why is Capcom totally milking the hell out of this franchise even though it hasn't done particularly well, in terms of sales?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 11:10:36 PM »
VJoe is a short guy with ginormous head and he wears a cool helmet -- obviously Capcom wants to give him the full Mega Man treatment.  For better or worse.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 11:41:14 PM »
I've seen a few episodes of the japanese version. Urk, Joe is one of those characters that shouldn't be in subtitled japanese. Even worse, they completely changed his powers. In the game, he controlled the camera, the movie itself. Now he has those lame "shout out my power" things from 08/15 anime and they don't influence the movie anymore (he uses Zoom to spot weaknesses of his enemies. WTF?). It would have been so much more interesting had they used the original powers, even if they made him shout them out. Plus Joe gets another stupid Captain Blue fanboy as a sidekick, except "Captain Blue Junior" has no superpowers and is pretty much a punching bag. Oh and those robots no longer break apart when they get beaten up, didn't the foot soldiers from Turtles get the same treatment?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 05:00:39 AM »
Well...if I recall, that's more or less what Zoom does, no?  I don't remember which one shows you those little skulls or whatever.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 05:30:26 AM »
The skulls always appear, zoom just changes your attacks and makes them more powerful (kinda like that big slomo punch Neo deals out against Smith in Matrix Revolution).

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 05:31:02 AM »
Oh.

Well then this anime brings the suck!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 01:22:07 PM »
Its coming to Kids WB here in the states, saw the commercial today.