Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Per Shams Charania, Clippers fear All-NBA star Kawhi Leonard has suffered an ACL injury

Yikes. Here’s the play where it happened.

As for the best possible team to beat the Nets, I would have said the Suns only because the Jazz are banged up. Losing Paul changes that. If Irving remains out and Harden is primarily on the floor for moral support, I think the Sixers have a shot. Cursed season is cursed. Seems like the team that can drag itself across the finish line will be champion. The
TalkBack / Re: Metroid Dread Announced, Launching October 8
« Last post by Ian Sane on Today at 12:35:20 PM »
My brother has recently had to start commuting to his office again after working from home because of covid.  When he got home our conversation went like this:

Me: Do you know about E3?
Him: Yeah, I had it on in the background at work.
Me: I had to miss part of it because of a phone call.
Him: Did you catch up?  Is there anything you don't know?
Me: I caught up.  I know everything.
Him: Okay so... METROID DREAD!!  HOLY ****!!

It was funny because we were feeling each other out like we were privy to some huge spoiler.  Obviously we both had the intention that if the other person didn't know what was up that they needed to see the presentation themselves, not have it merely be told to them.
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Metroid Dread
« Last post by Stratos on Today at 12:19:46 PM »
Sub-topic:  Is it better to create a new thread for something like this, or to dredge up a topic from six months 15 years ago?

Poignant quote from this thread!
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Nintendo E3 Direct announcements
« Last post by Stratos on Today at 12:08:07 PM »
Strange Brigade seemed like it could be a fun co-op game. Anyone else checking that out?
WTF CP3!!?

This was his year. His best shot so far. Suns absolutely on fire and everyone else dealing with injuries.... Just had to self sabotage instead of getting injured....
I guess we wait and see how long he's out for, but I need the best possible team to beat the Nets in the Finals.

Durant put on a show in the second half yesterday, which I mostly missed (only watched the first half), and I'm surprised because I wasn't sure if he could lead and create for the entire team, but he pulled it off.
« Last post by Khushrenada on Today at 11:17:38 AM »
I don't get why everyone is so excited about Metroid Dread. I released that game last year to great acclaim. I wish Nintendo would quit porting old games to the Switch like this.
« Last post by Shecky on Today at 10:37:35 AM »
since Dread is meant to end the Samus/Metroid arc

I'm pretty sure there have been (thinks...) 3 (?) games to make this same claim already  ;)

Nintendo may feel stuck with how to name the games, it's pretty much become:

Metroid = 2D or this 2.5D stuff

Metroid Prime = 3D
The Jazz's season is over. Even if we did somehow get past the Clippers with as terribly as this team has played, we'd get swept by the Suns with the way THEY are playing.
Sources: LA Clippers' Kawhi Leonard could miss rest of series with knee injury (Expected to miss Game 5)

Phoenix Suns' Chris Paul out indefinitely, placed in NBA health and safety protocols

Time to blow up the team and rebuild around Donovan and a few key pieces. The bare minimum this year was getting to the Finals, and they're falling apart in the Semis.
I was going to tell you to settle down the other night (frustrating loss, I get it). If the Jazz can't get past the Clippers without Leonard and the Suns without Paul, banned from the league until they get their act together.

Semi-related: I know I'm on an island on this, and it doesn't bother others as much as it bothers me. If the Jazz advance, I really don't want to hear any if-Kawhi-Leonard-didn't-injure-his-knee-the-Clippers-would-have-won nonsense. Mike Conley will probably miss the entire series. Donovan Mitchell came back from injury in the first round then re-aggravated it in Game 3 of this round. Every team deals with injuries. Suck it up.
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Metroid Dread
« Last post by Khushrenada on Today at 10:11:30 AM »
I don't know..... have you read this thread? It ended in a weird place, man.

TalkBack / Re: Sequel To Breath Of The Wild Coming In 2022
« Last post by mustbeburt on Today at 09:45:40 AM »
To me the trailer look like an AND, not an INSTEAD OF. What I mean is it looked like the map of the original game AND floating islands in the sky to explore. There's a part of me that also thinks/(hopes?) we may be able to explore underground (based on some of the cinematics). I'm just excited about this. 100%. Not worried.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10