Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553840 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4300 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:50 AM »
All of the DC animated movies are worth watching.  That's not to say they're all amazing, but they're worth the investment.  All Star Superman, Doom, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo are my favs.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: July 19, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »
I'll re-watch Return of the Joker once I finish with the series. Not gotten too far into the Netflix offered DC animated fare outside of Batman. I'll branch out and try those other films after Iron Man and Batman Beyond are wrapped up.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: July 19, 2013, 02:28:56 AM »
Marvel really does need to step up their animated movie game.

After watching quite a few DC movies (mostly Batman and Superman related), I have to say that the majority of the DC films are atleast enjoyable.

With Marvel being owned by Disney now, maybe there is hope at turning the Marvel Animation studio around, but at this point picking a random DC movie out of a hat will net you much much better luck than anything Marvel Animation.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: July 19, 2013, 02:51:40 AM »
Any other superhero movies to look out for on Netflix? Animated or live action?
Wonder Woman is my favorite in DC animated series.

It's very, very good. Cannot recommend this movie enough.

Superman: Doomsday, Crisis on Two Earths, Superman vs Elite are also very solid. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is very stupid and very entertaining.

Their latest movie JL: Flashpoint is also exceptional (too bad it has absolutely horrible art at times), but it'll be a while till it'll be on Netflix.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: July 19, 2013, 02:58:02 AM »
Can I also recommend Batman: The Brave and The Bold?  I know the series isn't for *everyone*, but in my humble opinion, it's pretty freaking sweet.

Just skip to watching these five episodes (no real need to watch them all in order).  If you don't like these, you won't care for the series at all.

Deep Cover for Batman!/Game Over for Owlman! (two part episode)
Journey to the Center of the Bat!
Chill of the Night!
Mayhem of the Music Meister!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: July 19, 2013, 03:10:14 AM »
I should be catching The World's End tomorrow morning.

Given how incredibly brilliant Shaun of the Dead is (and i am incredibly bored of zombies!) i'm looking forward to it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: July 19, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
Can I also recommend Batman: The Brave and The Bold?  I know the series isn't for *everyone*, but in my humble opinion, it's pretty freaking sweet.

Just skip to watching these five episodes (no real need to watch them all in order).  If you don't like these, you won't care for the series at all.

Deep Cover for Batman!/Game Over for Owlman! (two part episode)
Journey to the Center of the Bat!
Chill of the Night!
Mayhem of the Music Meister!
In the second season the one with Super-Batman is very entertaining as well.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »
Brave and Bold is already in my queue. I went and added some of those other films you mentioned as well.

Invincible Iron Man was alright. I enjoyed it overall but it just felt off to me. The animation was strange in some parts but the story was an enjoyable origin story.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 19, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
Iron Man Armored Adventures isn't bad.  Has a great theme song in its own way but its different then regular Iron Man.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 21, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
The World's End - Edgar Wright's hyperactive directing style really works well against Pegg and Frost, but rather unusally it slows its pace down quite significantly towards the end to give the Cornetto trilogy a "closure" kind of feel.

Still very funny.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4310 on: July 21, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »
Side By Side - If I told you Keanu Reeves was doing a documentary, you'd probably not get excited. But he interviews the biggest directors and asks great questions on their feeling between digital and film, allowing them to make the case for both all while giving a great history of film, telling the story of digital's rise, and giving great insight. 9/10

Snow on tha Bluff - This movie might be hard to watch if you're unfamiliar with the Atlanta accent. This documentary follows Curtis Snow, street thug, through several "adventures". There's violence, drug use, and all sorts or gangster ****. Not really for the weak at heart. 8/10

John Hodgman: Ragnarok - If you like his bits on The Daily Show, you'll like this. 7/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: July 22, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
Saw Pacific Rim in 3D Imax.  Its a good movie but, a bit loud.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »
MAN OF STEEL 6/10

Other than the action and Micheal Shannon's acting, this movie is actually pretty dumb.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4313 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:10 PM »
I recently saw both Drag Me To Hell and Up (back to back) and they are both great.

Drag Me to Hell is exactly what you want from a horror movie: entertainment. There are some jumpy parts, but there is nothing in there that will haunt your dreams. I really have only one complaint with the movie, but otherwise it was overall funny, scary, and entertaining. A perfect date movie.

8/10

Up is fantastic. Everything about it; from the art direction, scripting, and animation is well done and sophisticated. I found myself laughing out loud more than a couple times. And likewise, I found myself moved more than a couple times. It's a great story.

10/10
Iron man 3! it was awesome 10/10!
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: July 28, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
Just watched the Wolverine.

Much much better than the previous outing. It's a little predictable, but it's entertaining and makes sense.
You also have to stay past the pre credits. So don't leave ad soon as they start. It's not like Marvel movies where you stay till the end, post credits, so it's quick.

p.s. Mariko is hot.

Now I'm about to go watch World War Z.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:13:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: July 28, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Meh. I definitely didn't like it as much as you did. It was certainly better than Origins, but that isn't saying much. After getting out of this movie I realized that I think most of the X-Men movies suck. Including X-1.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: July 28, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
World War Z was actually better than expected too.
I was expecting a complete train wreck Jeremy about all the production issues, but it was actually quite tense at times. The human hordes that don't give a damn and will step on, run over and claw each other to get at their next victim was pretty crazy.

But Pacific Rim is about to start soon, and this is the movie I came to see.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4317 on: July 28, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

Much much better than the previous outing. It's a little predictable, but it's entertaining and makes sense.
You also have to stay past the pre credits. So don't leave ad soon as they start. It's not like Marvel movies where you stay till the end, post credits, so it's quick.

p.s. Mariko is hot.

Does he join the Avengers? :confused;
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4318 on: July 28, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »
I'm hoping it's his son, Daken.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: July 28, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »

p.s. Mariko is hot.

Considering that Avengers and X-men is owned by two completely different companies, this will never happen.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4320 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »

p.s. Mariko is hot.

Considering that Avengers and X-men is owned by two completely different companies, this will never happen.
They're both marvel!? :confused;
Made you look ****.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »

The Avengers is owned by Disney. X-Men is owned by 20th Century Fox.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »
Um, Both are owned by Disney.  Fox just has the licensing rights to X-Men (and "Mutants") for theatrical films.  Huge difference. :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: July 28, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »
They own the rights to the film series. Similar to how Sony Pictures owns the rights to the Spiderman film franchise and also why Spidey won't be in The Avengers. Simply put, X-men won't be on an Avengers movies for a very long time, if ever.

(I know, you just love nit-picking everything I say, don't you? You're worse than TJ Spyke.)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 28, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
To be fair, you didn't clarify that you were talking specifically about movie rights, so someone had to correct you lest we allow the misinformation to spread.

But now Pacific Rim
I think I was expecting a little too much (damn internet HYPE), and the plot was ultimately predictable (I called it somewhere around half way in) but this was my favorite movie if the day. Besides, it's good to see Jax in something other than Sons of Anarchy.
Oh, and whoever cut Idris Elbas hair for this movie needs to be drawn out back and quartered. Either do a proper fade or leave it be, but DO NOT give the man a bowl cut. WTF was up with that.

p.s. no one told me Charlie Day was in this, that crazy little bastard.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:44:13 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »