Author Topic: REVIEWS: Mario Kart Wii  (Read 33430 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
REVIEWS: Mario Kart Wii
« on: May 03, 2008, 06:14:06 AM »
Find out whether the world really needs another Mario Kart game.
 http://nintendoworldreport.com/reviewArt.cfm?artid=15901

The sixth game in Nintendo's mascot racing series is now available, and Mario Kart Wii continues to nudge the series forward in various ways.  It is definitely not a major advancement in arcade racing, nor is it even the best game in the Mario Kart series.  Where it does succeed is in providing the most streamlined and full-featured online experience of any game Nintendo has ever released.  It also manages to be a very enjoyable, easily accessible party game for the casual market that Nintendo is now dominating with the Wii platform.    

Your level of cynicism with the Mario Kart series is probably closely tied to how many of the games you've already played and how you tend to play them.  For new Wii owners who are unexposed to the previous Mario Kart games, or who perhaps haven't played one since the SNES or N64 versions, this game provides a lot of exciting new content and cumulative upgrades that are sure to please casual players.  It's an accessible, family-friendly racing game that is best enjoyed with a roomful of people who are there to have a good time and don't take the competition too seriously.  As a party game, Mario Kart Wii is unquestionably successful.    

The trouble with the game is that it also attempts to serve other levels of play, and it fails utterly in many regards.  As a single-player game, it provides a massive amount of content: 32 tracks full of shortcuts, dozens of characters and vehicles, challenging unlockables, built-in staff ghosts for time trials, and even a license card that tracks your achievements.  Grand Prix is the primary solo mode, and it promises plenty of diversity with three engine classes that differ significantly in speed, aggression, and vehicle selection.  Unfortunately, your desire to play through every Grand Prix iteration is likely to die off quickly due to a number of factors.  Any experienced fan will find 50cc and 100cc to be mere introductions to the tracks, as the computer opponents put up little opposition at these levels.  Playing through every single cup (twice) just to unlock tracks and characters is rather tedious when the game is so easy.  You will, however, probably get angry on the rare occasions when you do lose races, as it will almost always be due to item assaults on the final lap, when it's too late for you to recover.    

This frustration is merely foreshadowing the 150cc Grand Prix, which has to be one of the most infuriating experiences I've ever had playing a Nintendo game.  These racers are fast, and they are at least as aggressive as human players.  That should make for fun, challenging gameplay in which you have to fight for every single rank.  Instead, it means that most of the twelve racers stay bunched up in a tight pack, and if you get ahead of that pack, you will immediately meet a barrage of combat items against which there can be no defense.  Falling from 1st or 2nd place to 12th in a matter of seconds is not just a possibility - it's the norm.  The result is that winning and losing in 150cc becomes arbitrary; you need top racing skills just to compete, but you also need very good luck to win consistently enough for a trophy.  Yes, this dynamic is what Mario Kart is known for, and it totally works in a group setting where you can all laugh at the proceedings and congratulate the winner, regardless of how he or she pulled ahead at the end; however, it doesn't work at all when I'm playing against computer racers, and there is some valuable unlockable feature on the line if I can win the tournament.    

One of the changes to Mario Kart Wii that makes Grand Prix and some other modes more annoying than before is that every race now includes twelve racers.  Note to Nintendo: just because you can add more doesn't mean that you should.  Having a more crowded field makes an already messy and unpredictable game begin to resemble total chaos, and chaos is not a game because the player has no control over the outcome.  The deeper field of racers is particularly unwieldy on some of the classic tracks, and it forces the Battle Mode arenas to be uniformly gigantic and thus poorly designed for anything less than the maximum number of players.  Another major factor in the Grand Prix problem is that there are too many "attack everyone else" and "automatically jump six ranks ahead" items, including those from previous games and a few new ones.  Now we have so many wide-area attacks, so many racers using these attacks throughout the race, and so few means of strategic defense against these attacks, that the only solid plan to win the 150cc Grand Prix is to get so far ahead that you can be struck by lightning, pounded with a POW block, nailed by a blue shell, and then tracked down by a trio of red shells all in succession and still recover in time to pick up first place anyway.  Such a chain of misfortune was possible but very rare in previous Mario Kart games; when it happened, we could just laugh at our own misfortune and then get back into the race.  In Mario Kart Wii, it's more shocking when this doesn't happen in every race.    

It's time to jump over to more positive aspects of the game.  The new track designs are excellent, so much so that they make the classic tracks seem dull in comparison.  Taking cues from other Nintendo racing titles like Wave Race and Excite Truck, the new Mario Kart tracks have alternate paths, unique per-track elements, and dynamic features that change from lap to lap.  The one exception to my praise is the new Rainbow Road, a roller coaster of a track with such poor sight lines that you're likely to drive right off the edge without realizing you're in danger, and speed boosters that tend to shoot you into the abyss unless you slide into them at the perfect angle.  It's a track that demands memorization and perfect steering just to survive, and that's in direct conflict with the spirit of this franchise.    

Bikes and tricks are seemingly important additions that turn out to be minor, though pleasant, enhancements of the core gameplay.  The motorcycles don't feel terribly different from karts, but there are some subtle distinctions that change how you steer and plan your advancement through the ranks.  It's also important to note that the bikes and karts are well-balanced; each type has its own advantages in certain situations, and both types are fully viable throughout the game in the hands of a good player.  Motion-controlled tricks aren't really a "system" like you would find in SSX or Tony Hawk games; rather, tricks are just one more chance for a little boost whenever you catch air from a ramp (or any ramp-like object).  Looking for trickable jumps adds an element of racing tempo that is most commonly associated with Excitebike and Excite Truck.  Tricks also open up some new racing lines on the classic tracks.    

One addition that doesn't turn out to be so great is motion control with the Wii Wheel.  It's easy to see why Nintendo wanted to include this feature and its (free, well-built) accessory, but the implementation is disappointing.  When I had over a group of friends to play Mario Kart Wii, everyone wanted to try the wheel right away.  One by one, each of my friends decided that it made the game too difficult, and they gave it up in favor of the Remote/Nunchuk combination.  Even players who stick with the wheel have to admit that it's an extra challenge.  In fact, Nintendo themselves have indicated which players online are handicapped by the wheel – and yes, it's extra demeaning to be defeated by these people.  The other three controller options are far more precise, easier to manage, and don't result in power sliding the wrong way, which seems to happen frequently with the motion controls.    

On the other hand, tremendous praise is due for Mario Kart Wii's online features.  Compared to Super Smash Bros. Brawl and especially to Mario Kart DS, this game is as much a modern, painless online experience as we can expect to have under Nintendo's self-imposed restrictions and technical limitations.  Friends can be registered without trading additional codes, and the game will let you know when they are looking for a match.  Random matching is quick, and you can keep racing the same group of people even as individual players join and drop out between each round.  It's also great that you can participate in these online modes with two players sharing the same Wii system.  Downloadable ghosts, friend list rankings, and Nintendo-sponsored tournaments are all handled seamlessly and have real potential to keep you playing the game for months to come.  I'm not sure that the Mario Kart gameplay is the best example of something you'd want to do online, but if you do enjoy online racing, there is no doubt that this game's features make it a more attractive package.    

Mario Kart Wii is ultimately an uneven package with as many omissions and flaws as there are clever additions and solid ideas.  Forgive the list, but…why is Battle Mode now limited to teams?  Why was cooperative play needlessly removed?  Where are the tracks based on Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.?  Why are there so many lame secret characters?  Where are the deep customization options for multiplayer?  Why not bring back more popular tracks, like Wario Stadium, and leave out annoying ones like Ghost Valley 2?  After the relatively innovative Double Dash and the conservative but carefully balanced Mario Kart DS, this Wii sequel feels like a step sideways.  It stands out from its predecessors but is not necessarily improved, except in the area of online features.  The game is definitely fun in certain situations, but like some other Nintendo franchises, the core ideas are growing stale, leaving a strong impression that Mario Kart needs a total reboot.

Pros:

• Great local and online multiplayer racing
  •  
  • Bikes and tricks fit smoothly into the formula
  •  
  • New track designs are creative and more dynamic

•        Cons:

• Missing features from, and less balanced than, previous games
  •  
  • Lacks any personality or true affiliation with other Mario games
  •  
  • Grand Prix mode is an absolute mess

•                Graphics:  8.0
           As you would expect, Mario Kart Wii looks essentially the same as Double Dash, but it's pushing more characters on the screen.  Perhaps the blocky character models are the price we pay for having twelve racers and a smooth frame rate.  Nevertheless, the game is colorful and attractive.  Even the older tracks look surprisingly slick.

Sound:  6.0
           The soundtrack is missing any unifying theme like the cheerful nature of Double Dash (remember the whistling?).  The new music is unobtrusive but also totally boring.  Character voices are thankfully restrained overall, with the exception of Donkey Kong.  Special mention is deserved for the Remote speaker's attack warnings.

Control:  7.0
           With four different controllers supported, it's a good thing Mario Kart doesn't require complex control schemes.  The general controls are simple and tight, with improved power sliding that is both easier to perform and free of the annoying "snaking" technique.  Motion controls are inaccurate enough to be used primarily as a handicap; even casual players will probably want a joystick after the first few races.

Gameplay:  7.0
           Mario Kart is at its best in the multiplayer realm, when no one takes it too seriously.  The Wii version continues this tradition, but persistent balancing issues and odd design choices render some other modes nearly unplayable.  Track designs have improved, and the modest gameplay additions like tricks and motorcycles offer subtle changes that will delight experienced players.

Lastability:  9.0
           You probably don't want to play too much Mario Kart at once.  Doing so will inevitably lead you to the nightmare of Grand Prix mode, which should be completed in small chunks, if at all.  Strong local multiplayer modes and excellent online features give the game more longevity than its core gameplay really deserves.  A deployable Wii channel and occasional tournaments are admirable tricks to keep you coming back to the game, even if the disc is in storage.

Final:  7.5
           Mario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart game.  No one was screaming for motorcycles or motion control to be added to this series.  However, if you have a solid group of friends to play the game, or if you are keen on nearly anonymous online racing, Mario Kart Wii does deliver on these fronts.      

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • Score: 28
      • View Profile
      • Six Sided Video
    Re: REVIEWS: Mario Kart Wii
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »
    Lower than 7.9, who would of thunk?
    :: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
    PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
    • Score: 34
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »
    Still a decent score. This is series is about love, not critical acclaim!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • Score: 20
      • View Profile
      • PixlBit
    « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
    7.5 is the perfect score for this game IMO. Racing in 150cc is infuriating in my experiences as well. I typically get out in front of the pack pretty easy, but get bombarded with Blue Shells and other items at a fairly steady pace. Typically I can stay out in front but seemingly too often I will get nailed with an item at the finish line and it's game over for me, which just sucks.
    Check out PixlBit!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
    • NWR Staff
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »
    Yes, 7.5 is a decent score.  I think MK Wii is a decent game.
    THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • Score: 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »
    I would have given it an 8.5 or 9.  MK Wii is amongst the best.

No one was screaming for the addition of Motorcycles and motion controls. But motion controls worked well and the motorcycles increased tactics.  Like a said before, this is the most tactics oriented Mario Kart ever and I love it.

MOAR PLZ.
    FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
    Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • Score: 42
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »
    Wait, how would a track be based off New Super Mario Bros? I can see Galaxy, but NSMB? Um..
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
    • NWR Staff Pro
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »
    Yeah, I'll take my time buying this game. Not many folks to party with anyway these days. BTW, I like Ghost Valley 2 on the SNES. I don't know what it's like on Wii, but I was disappointed in the GBA rendition because the original track design hinged on the feather power-up. (Feather for easy short-cut, mushroom for riskier version of the short-cut.) I suspect the Wii rendition has the same problem.
    ::Michael "TYP" Cole
    ::Associate Editor
    Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
    • NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: -18986
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
    I would definitely give this game a better score, it has what may be the best track lineup in the series' history, I love the bikes and the tricks, I like all the new items, and it has the second-best online setup on the Wii. I think this is the best game in the series.
    Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
    NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
    • Score: -7237
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »
    THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

--Bureau of Internet Morality
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:44:14 PM by Morari »
    "This post has been censored for your protection."

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
    I guess it makes a difference with the whole two items thing.  But I'd argue how much more advanced the drifting is, as well as the trick system and wheelies.  In combination with the choice of motorcycle or kart, I feel like I'm playing Brawl.
    FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
    Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
    • NWR Staff
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
    Wait, how would a track be based off New Super Mario Bros? I can see Galaxy, but NSMB? Um..

NSMB has a lot of classic Mario environments that have never really been used in the Mario Kart series.
    THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
    • NWR Staff
    • Score: 17
      • View Profile
      • When Pigs Fly Returns
    « Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
    I couldn't agree more with Jonny's review. 7.5 is a perfect score, and all of his reasons are completely valid. The item-spamming is much worse in this game than in previous games (even Double Dash). Even at the 100cc level, I'm getting smashed by multiple Blue Shells, Bullet Bills, and Super Stars than ever before. What's more, I noticed an ugly trend that perhaps Jonny didn't pick up on:

The higher the difficulty level, the worse your access to powerful items, even at the back of the line.

Example: You're in 9th place in a 50cc race. You get a Bullet Bill and shoot ahead to 3rd. Next, you're in 9th place in a 100cc race. The best item you can get seems to be a Triple Red Shell. Yeah, that'll help a LOT. Finally, you're in a 150cc race in, again, 9th place. Your best item? Let me tell you what I got one time: A Lightning Cloud. On the final lap. GREAT.

The single-player game suffers from rubberband AI, opponents who want your head on a stake, and terrible item distribution. The 150cc game is beyond frustrating.

It's lucky the online matches are damn awesome!
    This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
    EH?

Has anyone heard the sounds used for the Mii's? Millions of people must now be subject to the torturous sound of constipation.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
    • NWR Junior Ranger
    • Score: 98
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
    Rainbow Road seems to have many things influenced by Galaxy...
    Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »
    There are so many things that I hate about this game, especially the item balance issues.  And yet, get a bunch of friends together, online or off, and all those things disappear.  I am very impressed with how well online racing runs, and things like trading ghosts online and viewing friend's rankings make this game all the more delicious.
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • Score: 42
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »

NSMB has a lot of classic Mario environments that have never really been used in the Mario Kart series.

True, but NSMB isn't really unique to any other Mario game (besides it is a Handheld game, I don't recall ANY new maps being based off handheld games in the console games). Also isn't the Rainbow Road loosely based off some elements in galaxy, like the boosting stars?

Also the always intelligent posters at GoNintendo are bashing the review. (Ok maybe I'm exaggerating about the intelligent part).
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:38:26 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • Score: 20
      • View Profile
      • PixlBit
    « Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »
    Also the always intelligent posters at GoNintendo are bashing the review. (Ok maybe I'm exaggerating about the intelligent part).

LOL I just read the comments there and they are ridiculous. If Jonny would've given the game a 9 people would've naturally commented that he is just a stupid fanboi who eats up every Nintendo series even though it is generally unchanged each generation. I love the internets.
    Check out PixlBit!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • Score: 8
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
    BOWSERS CASTLE is based off Galaxy.

DISGUSTING review! It's BY FAR the best Mario Kart game of all time. Nobody cares that you had a group of friends over to play the game for a couple of hours, if that makes your opinion worthy of a reviewer then this site is shithouse. You do realise people are going to be playing this game for years, and look back and laugh at this thrown together kneejerk review? WHICH Mario Kart is better and why? WHAT are the balance issues? (besides your hormones)

The wheel isn't for nintards who can't get over masturbating with the control stick and dpad for 15 years, it's for people who like driving and have co-ordination. I feel it gives MORE control over my character. And no it's not a "handicap" i've got some of the top 10 time trial times in the country with it. You're probably one of those people who get lapped on Rainbow Road online. HOW is the implementation disappointing? WHAT else could they do? YOu turn the damn wheel, the kart or bike turns. It's actually IMPOSSIBLE for the other options to be "more precise" since the Wheel gives a wider range of turning making it easier to make slight adjustments than slightly tapping the analog stick and hoping its enough. So as vague as you've tried to be with this review, a FACTUAL error slipped through. FACT: YOU SUCK!
    I'm not sure that the Mario Kart gameplay is the best example of something you'd want to do online
    LOL!!!
    Why not bring back more popular tracks, like Wario Stadium, and leave out annoying ones like Ghost Valley 2?
    Come ON. OBVIOUSLY there's going to be a few tracks coming back you dislike, but on a whole they did a great job. Delfino Square more than makes up for anything. Double Dash had no old tracks at ALL.
    Lacks any personality or true affiliation with other Mario games
    What the heck? NOBODY CARES! These "cons" are laughable. They aren't even anything.

PS bikes are AWESOME, this is the best bike game ever made. Nobody was asking for bikes? Then that's INNOVATION, something you claim is "missing" from Double Dash. At times like these i'm so glad this site doesn't get any views.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 11:37:48 PM »
    Bikes are amazing, I can't go back to karts.  We should just call it Mario Bike from now on.
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
    • Score: -7237
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »
    THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:44:03 PM by Morari »
    "This post has been censored for your protection."

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 11:48:27 PM »
    The drifting in MK Wii is more advanced because you can't just do it on any straight away, you actually have to do it in places where it makes sense. Anyone can waggle left and right, but apparently not everyone knows the fastest way around a race track. I sometimes still go left and right out of habit too, even with the wheel. But it's more of a correction technique now.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
    • Score: 25
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:53:57 PM »
    I personally think Nintendo rushed the new MK out. We just got Brawl, couldn't they have waited a few more months and release it in the summer, which is ALWAYS a dry season for gamers?

They could have used that time to iron the gameplay, make the graphics a bit better, add more options and most importantly, build more hype.

Even if the game is rock solid (whether the game is the best or its really disappointing its all up to you) there's no denying that had Nintendo delayed it for a couple of more months would have been near perfect and acceptance might have been brighter.
    Pedro Hernandez
    NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 12:08:16 AM »
    Uh nope. This is just how Nintendo does Mario Kart. We only learned of Double Dash's existence 5-6 months before it came out too. Have you played it Pap? Jonny is comparing a game he played for 2 hours to ones he probably played for hundreds.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:12:33 AM by Mario »

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • Score: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 12:16:45 AM »
    I'm going to have to join those criticizing this review.  It should be noted that I have never played this game and do not own it, so my criticism with this review are the rather pedestrian complaints.  The score means nothing, and as such the complaints are taken on their their face value only.

You will, however, probably get angry on the rare occasions when you do lose races, as it will almost always be due to item assaults on the final lap, when it's too late for you to recover. 

This is an ontological complaint without much merit, mainly because a lot of the times Mario Kart is won and lost is through the snatching of victory by using an item on a CPU opponents right as he would cross the finish line.  It certainly FEELS frustrating, but how would they win otherwise?  If YOU were in 2nd place, and the CPU in first was about to win, would you just let him win because you feel he's entitled to win because he's about to win?  And what is the base complaint here?  You win all the time except the times that you don't?

Where are the tracks based on Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.?

Previously addressed, but this is kind of a lame complaint.  For one, since Rainbow Road sorta already took place in Outer Space since the first game...  And Mario Galaxy takes place in Outer Space...  And as said before NSMB actually didn't have much in the way of unique locales that aren't already covered by "Fire Level, Ice Level" etc.

Comments regarding Wii Wheel

I disagree with your opinion that the Wii Wheel is seen as a handicap by most, if only because you undermined said opinion by saying you get beat by people using the Wii Wheel.  Obviously THEY don't see it as a handicap and use it to achieve victory.  I dunno what the source of the comment is.  Either bitterness over being beaten by somebody more interested in having fun (using Wheel) or being beaten by someone using a control method deemed "less effective."  As Grub stated, it is possible to mount effective and game-winning strategies using it.  It really may be a "wheel that gives more turning"

Once again, these are just functional complaints.  I'm sure when I play the game, I'll find time to agree or disagree more.
    It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807