Author Topic: No GameCube Support For Wii U  (Read 14814 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: No GameCube Support For Wii U 
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »
Another funny thing is you can't get DVD playback on the Wii,
You can with homebrew, as long as your system is older than 2009.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
I wouldn't think it would be too hard to transition from a GameCube pad to a CC Pro, especially since you can remap the buttons.

For me, the angle of attack on the left stick is different, and I keep tilting too far up or down when I'm only trying to go left or right.  Drove me crazy, but I made the transition so my GCN controllers would survive so I could play GCN games.

If I had component cables, I'd probably ditch the Wii for the upgrade and hook my real GCN up again.  But I don't.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
I will gladly buy every Gamecube game on Virtual Console.

Wouldn't that bankrupt you?
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
I will gladly buy every Gamecube game on Virtual Console.

Wouldn't that bankrupt you?

Having Wind Waker on Virtual Console would be so worth it though.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
You can play Wind Waker RIGHT NOW.  Your Wii plays it!  If you don't have a copy get one off Ebay.  The Wii U is at least a year away and that will give you tons of time to play the **** out of it.  I don't see why buying it again is so appealing when your current system can play it with no problems.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
You can play Wind Waker RIGHT NOW.

hahahaha

While I agree, I think he wants consolidation. (Woot two posts back to back using that word).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »
You can play Wind Waker RIGHT NOW.

hahahaha

While I agree, I think he wants consolidation. (Woot two posts back to back using that word).

It saves me shelf room and since I only own six Gamecube games, I am bot in to bad of shape, so all I have to do is wait for the next system to launch.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Elliander

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »
This news is a deal breaker for me. I have more gamecube games than Wii games and will not buy a new system without backwards compatibility. My reasoning is simple: Counter Clutter. If I get a Wii U and I already have a Wii and the Wii U won't support everything that the Wii supports then I have an extra console on my shelf for less games. If, however, I can play everything on a Wii U that I can play on the Wii I can take the Wii off my shelf.

Besides: I really like using gamecube controllers with some Wii games. I would never even play many Wii games on a Wii U so it's not like it can even boast complete backwards compatibility.

If, however, some third party develop makes a Gamecube style controller and the Mod community emulates a Gamecube on the Wii U to use such a controller I think I would get a Wii U.

This is probably why a Slimmed down Wii without Gamecube support is being released this winter. If that does well they can assume the Wii U will do well. If it doesn't they will probably work Gamecube support into the Wii U. That means we all have to boycott the slimmed down Wii to send a message to Nintendo.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:05:35 PM by Elliander »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 03:47:15 AM »
This news is a deal breaker for me.

What if Nintendo offers GC games for download on the Wii U?

This is probably why a Slimmed down Wii without Gamecube support is being released this winter.

No. It is being done to cut manufacturing costs. That's all there is to it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:14:25 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »
I cant believe this did three pages.Backwards compatibly is usually about carrying over your previous consoles library, while you build a new. If Nintendo does what they are already doing, yes-sir-re-Bob it'll be a GC VC. and the buttons will be mapped to the best of it's ability and your going to have to deal wit it or but a $50 Wii, or pull the old one out the closet and play Rouge Squadron...again...
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011, 06:31:19 AM »
This news is a deal breaker for me. I have more gamecube games than Wii games and will not buy a new system without backwards compatibility. My reasoning is simple: Counter Clutter. If I get a Wii U and I already have a Wii and the Wii U won't support everything that the Wii supports then I have an extra console on my shelf for less games. If, however, I can play everything on a Wii U that I can play on the Wii I can take the Wii off my shelf.

Besides: I really like using gamecube controllers with some Wii games. I would never even play many Wii games on a Wii U so it's not like it can even boast complete backwards compatibility.

If, however, some third party develop makes a Gamecube style controller and the Mod community emulates a Gamecube on the Wii U to use such a controller I think I would get a Wii U.

This is probably why a Slimmed down Wii without Gamecube support is being released this winter. If that does well they can assume the Wii U will do well. If it doesn't they will probably work Gamecube support into the Wii U. That means we all have to boycott the slimmed down Wii to send a message to Nintendo.

people have to remember Wii was Nintendo's first backwards compatable system, so heres a plan. Keep your Wii and get rid of your Gamecube and buy a Wii U, I can't believe someone would sacrifice practical functionality for Aesthetics.
I used to have every system hooked up, which was crazy of me, but very convenient. The new system will have amazing graphics, better online, better control, probably better games overall, yet never-mind any of that. It looks weird to have so many systems(2) hooked up.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:19 AM »
A handful of GC games have been "Wiireleased" on the Wii in the form of the New Play Control series. Since these are now remade into Wii games they should play on the Wii U as well, but like I said that's just a handful of GC games.

But I think Nintendo will release more of them as downloadables off the Wii U's virtual console download service. You'll be able to play many of your favorite GC games on the Wii U this way. Not everything will make it though, and I guess it sucks if you already bought those games because now you have to rebuy them, but at least its an option to consider.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »
I would be very surprised of Luigi Mansion did get a WiiMakeU to include whatever the touchscreen does in Mansion 2 plus, 3D support if the WiiU does that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline D.Dang3r

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 01:19:55 AM »
My girlfriend has the Black Super Mario Bros edition of the Nintendo Wii which does not have the GameCube controller ports. I bought her the Dance Dance Revolution II game specifically for the Wii the other day and the pad to dance on only has the GameCube plug on it. I think this is really stupid.. but does anyone know if it is possible to get the ports and install them myself or get a USB adapter? please let me know or email me with info..    dean_danger3@yahoo.com  also on facebook