Author Topic: Official Aussie Thread Reborn  (Read 101528 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Aussie Thread Reborn
« on: November 25, 2003, 05:47:03 AM »
This thread is for Australian Nintendoists to chat, complain, and gloat about things happening in Australia.  

The original thread had becomed overwhelmed with people bragging about post counts and blathering on about anything without regard or respect for the original purpose for the thread.

If you're going to visit, please respect our Australian readers and keep the conversation on topic.  You have all of general chat to speak on these other subjects.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Official Aussie Thread Reborn
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 06:19:13 AM »
As being an adopted Aussie, or at least I think I still am. I would like to ask of those that I have chatted with before, what are your online schedules.  Because if you read my journal you will see that I am trying to get better at signing in to chat, so if I knew when you were on, I would be more motivated to sign in, instead of just signing in at random and by luck someone else is on.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
RE:Official Aussie Thread Reborn
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 06:32:18 AM »
Hey Nitsu.  We have met once on MSN messenger with the other guys.  Your the one that is older than me .  The one who took my "old man" title.  But since you haven't been there, I got it back hehe.  The guys are usually on at about maybe 11 pm your time on the weekdays.  Hopefully this thread will keep on stable grounds this time.  I'm an honorary Aussie too .  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 07:14:04 AM »
It's about time the old Aussie thread got taken down...

As for the Aussie online times, I usually see PIAC, Mario, Infernal, etc. on around 12 midnight EST, at the earliest...Just about the time I go to bed, too...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 08:11:18 AM »
welll.... i can't say i blame bloodworth for locking the other one, it was crashing and burning and i didn't like it anymore anyway :\ partially my fault, which is kinda annoying, aslong as this one stays on topic.

as for me i'm online from between 11am to 4pm up untill about 10:30 pm, what that translates to in crazy US time i'm not sure, and berto being a zombie only confuses me as to what the time is over there ^_^

and now, back on topic, Mario and Luigi for GBA hits friday, and i'm faced with a dilemma, i prommised my self i wouldn't buy anymore games this year, but it sounds sooooo good! to buy or not to buy...

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 08:12:30 AM »
Well I know you all love me ...so I am on ussually at 5.30 - 7.30 am in the morning , and then again at 4-6 pm in the afternoon , and then again at 7.30-10.

"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 08:22:52 AM »
Buy it PIAC, it is possibly one of the best games I have gotten this year.  I put it right up there with Zelda: Wind Waker.  Fun, Fun, Fun.  Go read my review in the review section.

*A side note*  If you see me online during the day during the week from Mon-Fri US EST time, then I am at work, so I can't really chat outside of here or at GF.  I'm really not suppose to be online, because I should be doing work.  

only confuses me as to what the time is over there ^_^

reminds me of the time I tried to explain to Termin8 and either Mario or Infernal, the concept of counties inside states.   I succeeded in confusing them.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 12:02:25 PM »
Wow. I didn't think that this would ever happen. The other thread was so huge. Does this mean that American's hafta stay outta here?
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Mutated

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 12:15:42 PM »
I was born in Australia but moved to Georgia when I was 6 years old...does that count?
" Happiness is like peeing your pants.Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the sensation."

"Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking."

"You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the sl

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 12:18:13 PM »
Anyone can come and post, but those who aren't Aussies should really respect the thread ^_^

And I'm sure if you were born in Aussie Land, you qualify as an Aussie...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 12:48:15 PM »
Ok...think Aussie....HEY! When do Aussies get The Return of the King? Dear Lord, I am willing to kill to see this movie like RIGHT NOW.

Offline Mutated

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 01:06:11 PM »
Ok cool! So who here is Aussie?

I'm not sure when LOTR is coming over in Australia...its coming in the US dec. something...I don't know, I'd have to ask my friend who is obbsessed with LOTR...she was counting down the days until it came last year! I'll ask her tomorrow, 11/26/03.

Edit: she might even know when it is coming out for Australia..
" Happiness is like peeing your pants.Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the sensation."

"Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking."

"You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the sl

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 01:13:18 PM »
Return of the King is due out December 17th in the US and December 26th in Australia.

By the way, let me quickly introduce you all to a great informational movie site called The Internet Movie Database (IMDb), where you can find every thing from cast and crew to release dates.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 01:15:02 PM »
Australia gets it LATER than us? No way. I would have thought it would come out right along with the New Zealand Premier. Shows how much I know of the goings on of the South Farthing...I mean southern hemisphere.

Offline Mutated

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 01:24:54 PM »
That's kind of weird...I agree with you 100% Berny.

So who else here is and Aussie?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 01:25:26 PM »
Well, the other Aussie thread was always a collection of all the different varieties of Australian canned spam, but it's almost sad to see it go.  Anyways, when left to my own devices, I am usually only around when the Aussies are, so I am sure that you all know me, even though I RARELY post in your thread.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline CardBoardBox

• Official Forum Blast Processor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 01:35:22 PM »
*Shwoops in* TA-DA!!!! Im an aussie......in my heart.  I go on msn sometimes...but dont have anyone to talk to so..i dont go on

Offline cheers69

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 01:41:39 PM »
are we allowed to post pics on here , because i wanna post some pics of my mario kart dd LAN.
currently playing: Mario Kart DD(LAN-Warp-Pipe)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 01:46:34 PM »

Australia gets it LATER than us? No way. I would have thought it would come out right along with the New Zealand Premier.

New Zealand has the premier on the 1st of December, and actually gets it the 18th or 19th, I believe. You have to remember, the UK and US is where Lord of the Rings has enjoyed the most success for it's half century or so of publication.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2003, 01:53:02 PM »
Yeah, that's why AU and US should get it in August....

Sorry, i tend to obses over these things. I am reading through the books again. I am on Chapter 3 of the fellowship. Wish me luck. I have a deadline of Dec 19, when I will see the movie.

Offline Short Girlie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 03:09:19 PM »
Is anyone here going to the premier where like they play all 3 movies in one day?
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out...

It's only funny untilsomeone gets

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 03:11:23 PM »
My theater #$%@ing sold out of tickets for Trilogy Tuesday before I got a chance to buy any. Ah well, they're still showing the extended editions of FotR and TTT back to back a couple times, and I'm sure they'll show the whole trilogy again, maybe after RotK EE comes out.

Offline Short Girlie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 03:17:03 PM »
I think I'm going to go..not sure yet...they give you like an hour break between them all, it sounds really cool! I LOVE LOTR! (but not obbsessed)
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out...

It's only funny untilsomeone gets

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2003, 03:21:18 PM »
That's one area I've one upped everybody in geekiness (even manunited!)- I've read LotR 6 times, the Hobbit 4, the Silmarillion 3, and I own 12 History of Middle-Earth books, plus an atlas and a guide to Middle-Earth.  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2003, 03:23:26 PM »
Wow, it's finally happened, the Aussie thread has been locked
I guess it didn't really come as a shock though, since there was so much crap going on - we had thought that about the thread for some time - though i didn't really care too much.

I don't know if we get the WHOLE LotR trilogy as a marathon, like they did with Matrix. I know though that we are getting the extended editions: Fellowship is first, then Two Towers. These aren't back to back, so I've heard, they are released seperately for four days or so each. When Two Towers finishes it's run, RotK is released the next day (26th Dec).
Its gonna be so cooool.

Oh crap, I'm two hours late for work -___- cya later dudes!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence