Author Topic: Your top 10 movies  (Read 12942 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Your top 10 movies
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2003, 09:27:51 AM »
I forgot to add  The Shawshank Redemption to my list.  Damn...
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2003, 01:10:03 PM »
You see, you can't make an all inclusive list! I realize now I left off the Indiana Jones movies and The Truman Show.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2003, 02:54:05 PM »
My list has huge gaps too.  Definately should have Indiana Jones 1 and 3.  Death Becomes Her as well.  I remember seeing that film in the theatre and thinking WOW! at the special effects.  Terminator 2 was like that as well.  That should be on my list too.

I agree with those who didn't like the ending of Signs.  However, if you want to see a REALLY bad movie, see Evolution.  Worst film ever.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Your top 10 movies
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2003, 05:17:59 PM »
Heh, I guess I am an odd ball, I'm atheist and loved signs.

Top ten movies

1) Pi
2) Armagedon Now
3) Full Metal Jacket
4) Dogma
5) The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers
6) Sleepless in Seattle
7) Requiem for a Dream
8) We Were Soldiers
9) Silence of the Lambs
10) Signs

Hey, I like Evolution, its stupid as hell, but I still am entertained by it.

Whether or not you like Signs, thats up to you, but even if I don't like the idea of fate, I still think it is a powerful tool for all people to think about.  I mean, the only way you can appreciate a lot of things is if you just let go, and try to understand the directors thoughts.  That was the only way I learned to enjoy Romeo and Juliet, or to like some chick flicks, is because you just have to let your guard down.  If you come into a movie thinking 'it has to go with what I think', 99 out of 100 times you will be let down. It's the same with video games, you play and try not to make the game into something it isn't, you play to play the game and let it identify itself, then decide whether you like it.

There are a lot of cheaply not very well produced movies that are classics.  Pi probablly could have been done much better, but it still shines as a work to me, just because of it's underlying themes.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2003, 05:21:49 PM »
It's not that I want the movie to go where I think it will go, it's that I want to it to go somewhere that is much less subtle than Signs's painfully obvious message and extremely cheesy execution. The only type of movies I can shut my mind off for are comedies- I'll laugh at almost anything, taste or no. Otherwise, things have to make sense for me, else I'll be jarred out of the mindset the movie had me in, causing me to enjoy it much, much less.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill