Author Topic: Your own Master Sword  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Your own Master Sword
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:39:30 AM »
Remember a while back when a report came in at PGC that someone had a Master Sword forged for a few thousand dollars? Good, well ever since then, I always told myself, "If I ever have enough money, stable enough to spend that much money, and find a guy who can forge swords, Im going to do the exact same thing." Well I meet absolutely zero of those requirements.

Now then, I work and train at a place called the National Wu Shu Training Center. I've been there for almost 2 years now, and while I was doing my daily duties, some props guy from Rush Hour 3 comes in for some katanas that are to be used in the movie. My head coach starts to explain how any weapon that needs to be made, he can have it done, and cheap. He was showing examples of very elaborate creations that I have seen a million times over befor, but never really gave it any thought. We've created things for so many movies and things, and never once did it dawn on me that I could have something of my own created, and for a VERY reasonable price.

After the prop man leaves, I ask my teacher, if he would be able to have a sword created for me. He ensured me, that what ever it is, he can have it made, and it would cost no more than $100 to make. We have a guy in China that makes all of our weapons, amazingly fast, with amazing quality, at an amazingly low price.

So yeah, im going to use that TP Master Sword replica I got from target to base all the measurements on. Im a sucker for things like this, and if its going to turn out as good as I believe it will, I can't wait to show you all. Pluss if anyone is interested after I finaly get one in, and its of good quality, don't hesitate to ask about one.  I say that because my coach tells me its fine, but if you only need one, then its a waist of a unique mold.

Pluss it would make an amazing gift for my friends! Present like that... oh boy!  Im done with that.

On a completely unrelated Zelda topic; Ray Park(Darth Maul, Toad, Headless Horsemen) trains at my school, and I was filming his training for some demo reel he is putting together. That guy is in love with his Wu Shu, and turns out he is a Zelda fan also. He told me there is a live action Zelda movie in the works. Thats it, just thought it was worth mentioning. Who knows whats true or not?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: Your own Master Sword
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 06:11:11 AM »
im going to make my own sword in class next semester, guess what its going to be
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Your own Master Sword
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:44:47 PM »
This one.

GOREGASM!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 01:39:57 PM »
that one would be cool too

my latest work

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »
Make sure to get everything but the handle with a mirror finish.  Also did you ask about possible a life size Replica of the Hylian Shield to go with it?

You'll have to post picks.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 06:53:30 AM »
Mirror Finish huh? ok, will do. I took him the little replica, and he said there is no doubt they can have it done. I should just give him the shield also, but will I?

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 04:06:45 PM »
Give us an insight into your art there, will you Perm?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »
If this works for you, I am so getting one. Will you be able to ship if I pay for it?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:00:26 AM »
Yeah, we ship alot of weapons out, so I could easily do just that for the sword.

Yeah Perm, what is that? Reminds me of something from Pikmin, but a whole lot creepier.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
Ok this is not regular forum necromancy. I needed to find the images of my artwork for a power point presentation that i have to do for school. I couldn't find it on my site, but i remembered I posted it in a thread. Anyways to answer everyones unanswered questions.

Anyhow, what it is. When I was creating it I was imagining a Zelda boss, which captures people and absorbs them. It lives on islands underneath the sand. all you can see when approaching it is the interesting Tiki style totem that sticks out of the stand and the two coconuts which become its eyes. When someone comes out of the sand it gobbles them up. I swear when I look at the sculpture the Zelda boss music plays.