Author Topic: Iwata says Wiimote's strap may be faulty  (Read 8160 times)

Offline D_MaN87

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Iwata says Wiimote's strap may be faulty
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 04:53:36 PM »
Here in Toronto I was at the Eaton Centre (a mall downtown), and they had a Wii area set up.  I talked to one of the nintendo girls and noticed she had a cool looking wriststrap.  The actual strap has "Wii" going across the strap about 4-5 times.  She ended up giving me 5 for free.  The problem is the plastic piece used to tighten it can come off easily.  Still not bad incase I need a replacement.  The default one is still going strong, but dirty (ugh).  I also got a replacement ordered from nintendos online store.
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 04:29:14 AM »
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii-remote/wii-remote-straps-already-fixed-220341.php

Further reports on Nintendo fixing their strap extravaganza!  I hope somwhere on the strap it says "please do not let go of controller".

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 04:56:32 AM »
Good to know they're doing something about it. That's got to be a cheap fix, too...  

Originally posted by: Ceric
People if You worried about the Wiimote getting slippery I can't recommend enough the controller gloves.  I have eaten greasy food with my Wiimote hand and used it for Wiisports and other games with no slippage at all.  I'm no more worried about losing my Wavebird, which I have had slip, then my Wiimote.  I really do like the gloves.

Yeah, maybe I should look into the gloves too...  
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 06:44:13 AM »
I just got an email titled Important Safety Information for Playing Wii from Nintendo reminding me to use the strap, not to let go of the remote, and make sure there are no orange hula hoops around me while playing.

I was very thankful for the reminder as I completely missed the 3+ warnings each time I've booted up Wii Sports for the past 24 days.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Iwata says Wiimote's strap may be faulty
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 06:59:27 AM »
Now THIS is a strap.

Okay, more like a chain.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 07:28:40 AM »
HAHA!
You gotta love this "strap"!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Blue Plant
Why not a handcuff for a strap?  It's not like people ever actually put the remote down.

*grins* Glad someone finally realized the idea.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 09:35:56 AM »
I just ran a zip-tie through the attachment loop on the wiimote and through the strap loop. Works as a good backup
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 04:46:28 AM »
Guys, did you see Nintendo has set up an online form to get the new straps?
I just requested 4 of them today!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 06:22:51 AM »
Don't you live in another country?  You have to enter your Wii serial number when you request replacement straps.  Will they ship replacement straps if your Wii serial number is from another region?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 08:53:37 PM »
I do but my Wii is a US model.
I don't think they'd send replacements if your Wii' serial number is from another region.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 11:45:18 PM »
So, a second strap of mine broke today...  First one happened on Thanksgiving, and the second one happened this evening.

Nintendo was really cool about the first one.  It happened when my cousin was playing Tennis.  She didn't swing it any harder then they show in the trailers, it just slipped, I guess.  Now, maybe the cord was twisted up or something, causing it to be weaker then what people figure them to be, but it wasn't that much force, and it still snapped the cord.  The motor in the controller was pretty beat up though it seems.  It makes this horrid whine now.

The second one was this evening.  My brother just took it to a party at a friend of his' place.  The first game, almost first swing, the controller slipped out of the player's hand and crashed strait into the ground.  I think they were bowling.  Anyway, the controller flew into pieces.  Apparently I'm a controller down.  They said they shoved it all back together, and that it works, but the black cover from the front chipped.  That's a real bummer.