Author Topic: How many Wiis have you sold?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Bad_Religion

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
How many Wiis have you sold?
« on: December 05, 2006, 05:04:04 AM »
New to the boards but have been reading for a long time....

Just wondering how many Wiis everyone has sold to family and friends.  I thought it would be cool if Nintendo could come up with a referral type program where people could earn Wii points for all the systems they are showing off to their friends.  I've definitely sold at least three right now.

PS

Send me your Wii codes so I can get some Mii parades going!!

Dave
Wii Number:  8526-2251-0750-4691

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: How many Wiis have you sold?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 05:10:13 AM »
I like your referral plan idea.  You can check out friends codes in the "NWR Friends Codes" forum.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
RE:How many Wiis have you sold?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:46:56 AM »
Three other people at work (besides myself) now have DS Lites and Brain Age thanks to me.  And while I think I'm the only one with a Wii, I've certainly raised awareness of it, with at least three people now considering it, two now doing so instead of a PS3.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 06:33:08 AM »
I have probably sold 2-3 people on getting a Wii.  Two of them complete strangers.  One was going to get a Wii anyway, but wait.  

Offline kings x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:53:13 AM »
I have not sold anyone on Wii, after all I can't find one for myself.  The family is constantly searching during their shopping too and it's getting quite annoying actually.  Because of the false demand (stores holding Wii until specific days to increase store traffic is just plain bullshit) I'm definitly not that excited for it anymore, even after playing a little bit of 6 launch games. So until people calm down a bit after the holiday and post holiday rush I should be able to get one for the new 42" plasma, new surround system, and I even got component Wii cables ready to go... Funny thing is, besides Zelda, the only games Im interested in (re)playing right now are my gamecube games with this new setup.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:11 AM »
Everyone I've showed it to is incredibly impressed.  My one friend, pretty much as casual gamer, mostly played Sony before, but he was blown away with WiiSports and Zelda.  I doubt he'll buy one, as he's not one to buy systems, but it's still good to see.
Everyone I've shown it to is impressed, but I don't know that I've made any sales yet.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 03:18:36 PM »
I've sold at least 3.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »
Three definate sells and two or three more that are looking to get one now.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »
I try to avoid acting like a salesperson for Nintendo, but I've sold at least one inadvertently.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »
Well mine are just "accedental" sales I didn't do it to sell them just what I think is the better of the consoles. (For some reason people come to me because of my field of study and hobbies.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:15:56 AM »
I want a Best Buy employee to show up here and be like "I've sold 80 Wiis; beat that".
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »
As I mentioned earlier, co-workers are warming up to the idea of getting a Wii.

A woman in dispatch (they're always on the phone anyway) was calling around stores for a few hours yesterday to try to get a Wii for her husband for Christmas.

I asked her this morning: "So did you get a hold of your husband's Wii yet?"

That got a funny reaction.  Not from her, since she knew what I was talking about, of course.  XD

Hey, Wii jokes aren't old with people who have only recently heard about it.  Admit it, they can still be funny.  >_>

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »
One, partially. There was a Wii demonstration at a local store and after playing boxing against my father (awfully unresponsive, was misconfigured to assume we held the remote in our left hand and due to the strap we couldn't switch them quickly, I won because I played it like Samba de Amigo) he decided to preorder a Wii for me. Mind you, that guy is usually like "Don't you have enough games already?" and "Do you really want to pay money for another console?".

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
I've done more than my share of getting the info out there at a small msg board I Frequent. I have also spoken casually to a few folks in person about it, but I'm not sure how many I've sold. I'd like to think I've convinced a few people but I'm not sure.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 11:41:53 PM »
6, possibly 7 though.

1.  My cousins over Thanksgiving fell in love (my Grandmother asked me to make sure I brought it back for Christmas)  I would be shocked and amazed if they don't get one for Christmas.  (this is the one I don't know about for certain)
2.  My mother (Brought it over, got her hooked, and she asked for one for Christmas)
3.  My dad.  (Spent a good 4-5 hours of fishing in Zelda in 2 days.  Loves bowling as well)
4-5.  My dad's girlfriends kids.  She is buying them for the kids for Christmas.
6.  My brother, when he moves out from my moms (within a month or two)
7.  An old manager friend of mine.  I went to their place this evening, and his wife hates video games.  I've never heard more foul language come out a womans mouth about anything then she had to say about video games.  Well, somehow she started playing herself.  The bowling got to her.  She's now scouring trying to find one for her husband for Christmas.

Of these 7, I have 1.  I have my own, and I have my mother's.  Where are the rest coming from?  I have no idea.  Never expected it to be this popular.

Offline D_MaN87

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 03:55:46 AM »
I have sold it to about 6 people.
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718