Author Topic: Zelda Master Sword complete!  (Read 30792 times)

Offline Ocarina Blue

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Master Sword complete!
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2004, 10:15:40 PM »
You really shouldn't carry a knife into any combat unless you're skilled at and willing enough to using it. Most attackers will probably be able to take it off you and use it against you if you aren't.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
RE:Zelda Master Sword complete!
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2004, 09:01:32 AM »
Yes, but how likely are they to be more skilled at using it than you are, since you actually own the blade and they just took it from you? Besides, I've had some broadsword and kendo training, so I at least have the basics of "How to not chop off one's own foot," and "Dropping your sword in combat is the last mistake you'll ever make. Have a man's grip or die."

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2004, 03:07:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Druantia
I deal with baddies for an amusing living and I've been told "never bring a knife to a gun fight." Heh heh, they never mentioned a sword.....does that mean it's ok?   I can see the headlines now, Girl with Sword Eliminates All Litterbugs.  

Originally posted by: Coarse_Limely
It's pretty cool...so long as none of them find out where I live.

And pray those that do know are kind souls, and worthy secret keepers!  I consider myself one or the other or sometimes both but rarely neither - unless there is either a lot of cash or a grand jury involved - but don't worry I will never tell anyone about the secret hideout in the da-- corn.  Oops.

Mr. Limely everywhere I go these days I have to hear about you and the Master Sword.  sending you a PM about it the other day but eek-screetch-jolt the computer decided it was time to bust out in some crazy hula madness.  Or not.  So I apologize to everyone for subjecting you to this nonsense, for Lo!  I'm just trying to get in touch with a very old friend.  (Everyone suppress the urge to say "what the bleep is this bleepin' bleep doing, bleep" and substitute with "AW")

And she was never heard from again. The End.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2004, 09:44:23 AM »
Heh. Rob has said that he's received 4 more orders for Master Swords since the story went up on this site! Guess it was good publicity!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2004, 09:43:24 AM »
now you guys need to get together and play hyrule adventure.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shinjiikari

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2004, 12:00:20 PM »
Congrats Coarse_Limely! That thing looks pretty sweet. i want it to have my children. <irrelevant> I noticed the smite page is down, what's with that? </irrelevant>  
never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2004, 01:59:37 PM »
Smitesoftware.com isn't worth programming a website for until we have some game content. That's not going to happen for awhile yet, but I want to hold the site now anyway for image-hosting and such.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »
There. I put up a teaser image for all 5 of you who will travel to the site before I get some content. I'd better get to work on some concept art and such, I guess!

Offline wreijman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2004, 07:03:41 AM »
Hey coarse_limely!
Do you have any sketches or designes that guy made for your sword? I'm making wooden replicas of famous swords and someone wants me to make the master sword for him. You can mail me or go to my site http://www.geocities.com/wesselzelda2/swordshome.html

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2004, 11:18:27 AM »
I don't have any of the sketches he made, just the artwork I sent him, that's posted on the news article.  

Offline Phred

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2004, 06:50:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Coarse_Limely
I like the Ocarina of Time version better than the Wind Waker version, myself. The Ocarina of Time version just wasn't practical, though. Smelting the steel to obtain the blue coloration would have cost me $2000 more than I paid for the Link to the Past version. After I become a successful video game designer I'll be able to afford it, but not on the salary of a video arcade manager.

you can make the steel blue?
Why not... paint it or something?
I didn't think the handle of the master sword was metal, too

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2004, 10:32:08 AM »
What did you think the handle of the Master Sword was made of? Anything other than metal would be too fragile to handle all of the bashing, slashing, chopping, and other impacts that Link puts it through, all magic aside. It does look like a stone of some sort, though, doesn't it?

Anywho, yes, you can make metal blue, but it's a complicated process that's costly and can also weaken the metal to a certain degree, as I understand it. Painting it would look ugly and/or require constant touch-ups.

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2004, 12:37:39 PM »
I have a few questions for you.... First off, did you get the tri-force symbol just forged into the sword, or did you get the actual dimensions and the sword from nintendo? (or whoever owns the rights)  If so, how did you get the legality part of the project taken care of?  I wanted to get some "authentic" work from some anime done myself and just wandered how I could go about doing it.  Thanks for the help!!
"When angels are forced out of heaven, they become devils.  You agree, don't you, Spike?"
                    -Vicious
"I'm just watching a bad dream I'd never wake up from."
                    -Spike

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2004, 02:25:58 PM »
The TriForce was engraved into the metal after the blade was finished.

So long as the item isn't being mass-produced and sold on ebay or anything like that, legality really isn't an issue. It shouldn't be a problem to have your replicas made.

As for the dimensions, I extrapolated them from the games within a certain margin for error and scaled them to my own height vs. Link's (I'm a bit taller).  

Offline Link_Up

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2004, 01:33:01 PM »
Say, Coarse_Limely, I've got a question for ya:
How heavy is that (really nice) sword anyway? I just got Narsil in and that thing is about 10 kilo's. Here are some measurements:
Overall Length: 52-7/8"
Blade Length: 40-5/8"
Blade Thickness: 1/4"
Guess I'm the only guy from the Netherlands... Oh well, just as long as I get to discuss Zelda-thingies!

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2004, 05:15:29 PM »
My sword is around 14 pounds. It already feels a lot lighter than when I first received it. I managed to find a swing that doesn't intercept any of my furnature and I've been training with it every day.

I like the replicas of Narsil that are circulating, myself. My favorite is the Shards of Narsil one, though, where it's still in its shattered state. Not very useful, but a great-looking display piece.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2004, 09:40:34 PM »
It's not an OoT replica, that has a purple hilt.

It is the red-hilted sword from erlier games.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2004, 02:38:10 PM »
No, he's talking about the actual ocarina, not the sword.

Offline elementc

• WELCOME TO EARF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2004, 01:55:35 AM »
Yes, as a matter of fact I was. Since you apparentley have private messaging disabled I guess I'll have to rely on the this forum. Could you please take some pictures of it and such?! I would really appreciate it if you would.

AIM = densetsubaka
Insanity... goes well with a large glass of milk.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2004, 06:52:46 AM »
Woo an actual ocarina must be pretty kewl. I saw one on the Eurovision song contest once.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2004, 08:45:50 AM »
I would also like to see those pictures. I've never seen a real Ocarina before.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2004, 11:04:02 AM »
Next time I switch my computer on, I'll see if I can scan some images of it (the scanner needs to be turned on before the computer, for some reason). Don't know if the scanner will work with such a lumpy object or not, but I've got a Polaroid camera, too, so I'll try that if it doesn't.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2004, 11:24:53 AM »

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2004, 02:03:51 PM »
No. Mine has a hole layout that's more like the actual one in the game:

http://www.smitesoftware.com/images/Ocarina1.jpg
http://www.smitesoftware.com/images/Ocarina2.jpg

I like the band around the mouthpiece on that one, though Jale!

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2004, 09:12:39 PM »
Where did you get that one made?