Author Topic: Zelda II: F#(k This Game!!!!!!!  (Read 12790 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda II: F#(k This Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
Well, I finally died for the first time.  It wasn't even from falling.  I got bounced between some stupid, pathetic Leevers on the way to the island maze.  Just sad, really.  The last hit killed me after I cast Life, before it restored enough hit points for me to survive the next blow.  And I was hoping for a no death run, too.  Oh well.  Now I'm gunning for a no Game Over run, I guess.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »
I have to disagree a bit here.  I think that Sending you all the back to the start and the experience loss is to much.  One or the other.  I've always thought that.  This game has the potential to be great with some more polish.

That's fair. I think it boils down to what Mop said: playing this game near its release builds a tolerance to its weaknesses. Compared to games of the time, Zelda II's penalties are a slap to the wrist, when the norm was a caning.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »
I have to disagree a bit here.  I think that Sending you all the back to the start and the experience loss is to much.  One or the other.  I've always thought that.  This game has the potential to be great with some more polish.

That's fair. I think it boils down to what Mop said: playing this game near its release builds a tolerance to its weaknesses. Compared to games of the time, Zelda II's penalties are a slap to the wrist, when the norm was a caning.
I don't think it is because of the time it takes to get back to were your going is a HUGE penalty.  Even for that time.  Shoot I owned and played this game when it was released and it still annoys me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
It could have been worse. At least you keep any levels you gained even if you lose the points you had towards the next level. Final Fantasy makes you reload your save if you lose.