Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White  (Read 118847 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Black and White
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
One thing to do with attacks that can hit multiple targets, is that some could have a choice of hitting either one target or several. If it hits several, the damage for each one could be reduced, by like a half or a third or whatever. The spell system in some Final Fantasy (2 US?) game was like this, and it worked well.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
Well it has been confirmed that both are Dragon types.They might have a secondary type they might not.
Other than that both versions are going to be different that the other.That is that there will be more differences than just exclusive pokemon.

Anybody care to speculate on what those differences might be?

We finally have some official info on this. The new issue of CoroCoro has been leaked (which almost always happens) and one one the bits of new info is that there will be two version-exclusive locations: Black City and White Forest. It doesn't say which version will get which location, nor does it say if you will eventually be able to unlock the other versions location.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »
...one the bits of new info is that there will be two version-exclusive locations: Black City and White Forest. It doesn't say which version will get which location...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that Black City is exclusive to Pokémon Black, and White Forest is exclusive to Pokémon White. ;-)
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
Maybe, but they might know people expect that and put Black City in Pokemon White and White Forest in Pokemon Black.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »
Maybe, but they might know people expect that and put Black City in Pokemon White and White Forest in Pokemon Black.

I'm not doubting that its possible, but it just seems needlessly confusing to name the exclusive places after the game version... and then put it in the opposite version.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
There will be video chat in the DSi and 3DS version.
Depending on the line up of pokemon, that affects how the damage is distributed in 3v3.
Some kind of massive over world hub where you can find other players and help each other with missions. Online I believe.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
Sounds like they're getting Mystery Dungeon in my Pokemon, though if it ends up like Dragon Quest IX that's fine.

Also, video chat = DSi exclusive feature = region locked. If you're planning on importing and only have a DSi or DSiHueg, forget it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline alexlam

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2010, 09:37:12 PM »
Anyone checked out the new video chat for Pokemon Black and White yet? Looks like GameFreak took connectivity and player interaction one step further by introducing this feature. It's pretty neat too. Definitely an upgrade from the voice chat that was introduced in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Here's a link to a post with more information and a Youtube clip showing a demonstration of the video chat.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/2010/07/14/live-castervideo-chat-demonstration-shown-in-oha-suta/

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »
Hopefully now that they're including features that only work on a DSi or 3DS they'll keep going with that and include more optimizations for those systems.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
Some new info from leaked scans of the new issue of CoroCoro (credit goes to Bulbapedia):

Black City is exclusive to Pokémon Black, while White Forest  is exclusive to Pokémon White. Cities will vary in appearance between the two versions

Professor Araragi apparently gives the player the Isshu starter Pokémon to begin their Pokémon journey. She asks the player to share them with their childhood friends, Bel and Cheren. Bel is described as a spontaneous person who goes on Pokémon journey against the wishes of her father. She is known to be unreliable at times. Cheren is described as being intelligent and trustworthy, and he wishes to become the Isshu champion. He tends to give advice to the player on their journey.

Triple battles are set up so that the middle Pokémon is able to target all 3 Pokémon, while the ones on the sides can only target their opposite sides. Pokémon positions are able to be switched on the bottom screen with a button. It is said that if the middle Pokémon attacks, there will be some kind of attack boost.

There is a new ability called Telepathy, which prevents damage to teammates (with the ability) when an attack that would normally hit them is used.
There is an unnamed attack similar in function to Telepathy which prevents damage to both teammates.

The routes seem to have been reset. The game begins on Route 1 (This I strongly hate, BTW)

N (a character revealed a few weeks ago), is seen as an antagonist. He regularly challenges the player in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokémon "friends", but one of the screen shots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokémon and divide them to create a black and white world. He has the unique idea to set Pokémon free from people, and looks for the power to bring his idea to reality.

7 new Pokemon revealed:
*Rankurusu (will be exclusive to one of the versions), the Amplification Pokémon. It is a psychic type and has the abilities Dust-Proof or Magic Guard.
*Gochiruzeru (will be exclusive to one of the versions), the Celestial Bod Pokémon. It is a psychic type and has the ability Frisk and will know a move called Magic Room.
*Kibago, the Tusk Pokémon. It is a dragon type and has the abilities Rivalry or Mold Breaker and knows the move Double Chop (based on its look, I would guess it is this gens version of Larvitar).
*Koromori, the Bat Pokémon. It is a psychic/flying type and has the abilities Unaware or Klutz and knows the move Heart Stamp.
*Minezumi, the Lookout Pokémon. It is a normal type and has the abilities Run Away or Keen Eye and knows the move You're First.
*Wargle, the Valor Pokémon. It is a normal/flying type and has the abilities Keen Eye or Encourage and knows the move Free Fall.
*Musharna, the Trance Pokémon and the evolved form of Munna. It is a psychi type and has the abilities Forewarn or Synchronize.

Both Munna and Musharna give off Dream Smoke, which is described to hold the dreams of Pokémon. By obtaining Dream Smoke, the player is able to use Game Sync to upload their Black and White save file to the Internet.

The High Link is a building in Isshu where the player is able to connect with other players. With this, multiple players may play Black and White together.

The DS's infrared is now being utilized for quick battles (up to 4 players) and trades from the player's party or PC Box. Along with this, friend codes can be sent this way.

A new feature called Passing By (which is a part of the C gear) allows players to seamlessly and instantaneously connect with nearby players. Professor Araragi's friend Makomo gives the player the C Gear  after the player does something for her.

Another feature called Feeling Check checks the compatibility between players. A game is shown where players must keep the same rhythm.

Live Caster is a feature where players are able to video chat which includes a pen and stamp to allow editing. This feature is also used by in-game characters from time to time.

Pokémon Global Link is the service that allows the uploading of Black and White save files and has 2 different modes. One mode allows the player's Pokémon to play in a dream, while the other allows the player to battle online. Access to the Global Link is gained by obtaining Musharna, the evolution of Munna.

There is a 'Dream World' where Pokémon have their own rooms to play in, and are able to play mini-games with other Pokémon. If a Pokémon is befriended in the dream world, it is able to be taken back to the player's game. Hence, this allows Pokémon not native to the Isshu region to be obtained. To send a Pokémon (the Pokémon must be placed in in the PC box) to the world of dreams, the Game Sync feature (part of the C Gear) is used.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2010, 04:20:10 AM »
Both Munna and Musharna give off Dream Smoke, which is described to hold the dreams of Pokémon. By obtaining Dream Smoke, the player is able to use Game Sync to upload their Black and White save file to the Internet.
The High Link is a building in Isshu where the player is able to connect with other players. With this, multiple players may play Black and White together.

The DS's infrared is now being utilized for quick battles (up to 4 players) and trades from the player's party or PC Box. Along with this, friend codes can be sent this way.

A new feature called Passing By (which is a part of the C gear) allows players to seamlessly and instantaneously connect with nearby players. Professor Araragi's friend Makomo gives the player the C Gear  after the player does something for her.

Another feature called Feeling Check checks the compatibility between players. A game is shown where players must keep the same rhythm.

Live Caster is a feature where players are able to video chat which includes a pen and stamp to allow editing. This feature is also used by in-game characters from time to time.

Pokémon Global Link is the service that allows the uploading of Black and White save files and has 2 different modes. One mode allows the player's Pokémon to play in a dream, while the other allows the player to battle online. Access to the Global Link is gained by obtaining Musharna, the evolution of Munna.

Is this the first sign of Nintendo using 'cloud' technology for storing game saves and such online?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2010, 02:36:58 AM »
Check out this awesome trailer! I think I see a darker skinned pokemon trainer! And 3 new pokemon are revieled! The seasons change to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqcVf4Da23Q

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2010, 02:54:42 AM »
It seems to me that the C-Gear they mention in that presentation is related to the network trademarks reported here.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2010, 06:46:03 AM »
Good news, everyone! The developer has announced the phrase that haunts all Pokemon players will not appear until at least after the Elite 4.

The pharse, of course, is "Wild ZUBAT appeared!"
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »
BOO! They were easy experience points. And only new Pokemon? I guess they were tired of everyone using Gyarados as their standard water Pokemon. At least you can transfer Pokemon before that.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »
Don't get too excited, psychic bat will now be replacing Zubat.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
I'm none too pleased by this idea. I liked randomly finding older Pokemon. they were like comforting reassurances in an unknown land. Emerald felt so foreign to me that I latched on to a couple older Pokemon types when I found them that I normally would have passed up. Plus this means more throw away copy Pokemon. I'm tired of Pidgey and Rattata knockoffs.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
A whole bunch of news leaked out of CoroCoro this month and a page-by-page breakdown is at PokeBeach:

- The new event Pokemon Victini has a move called "Complete Burn" or "Incinerate" and is Fire/Psychic. The move is 15PP and destroys, at minimum, held berries of the victim.

- Victiini appears on "Liberty Garden Island" and requires the Liberty Ticket (which will be available as a WFC download for 1 month post-launch) to obtain. It will come at L15.

- There will be a season element in the game, with the seasons changing every 30 days game time. Certain areas will be accessible or not depending on the season.

- The Sturdy ability has been modified; where before it blocked OHKO moves only (Fissure, Horn Drill, et al) it now allows the user to survive an attack from full HP with 1 HP left similar to the Focus Sash item.

- TMs ARE ALL MULTIPLE USE.

- New feature for wireless battles "Miracle Shooter" allows for use of Potion/X items/Revives. Based on a point system which builds during the course of battles. Likely to be claused to the point of irrelevance since most people don't know real men use items.

- Pokemon Musical is the Super Contest equivalent.

- Tag Mode equivalent "C-Gear" will have abilities that allow for boosted EXP, reduce Pokemart prices, and so on. This can be shared over short distances.

- The PC-based "Dream World" minigame will feature Pokemon with unique abilities that are exclusive. The example given is Vaporeon with Hydration.

- New Pokemon:
Swana (Water/Flying, swan)
Gigaisu (Rock, "High Pressure" Pokemon, has Sturdy)
Kurumiru (Bug/Grass, "Sewing Pokemon", new attack "Bug Resistance")
Moguryuu (Ground, mole, has two new abilities "Sand Throw" or "Sand Power")
Mamambou (Water, "Nursing Pokemon", has "Healing Heart" ability, $20 says it's a Luvdisc evolution)
Miruhoggu (Normal, "Precaution Pokemon", 2nd stage Pokemon)
Shikijika (Normal/Grass, Chlorophyll/"Herbivore" attack+ when hit by Grass move), appearance changes per season and perhaps evolution form does as well...
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2010, 10:35:01 PM »
I would never use TM's that couldn't be bought because I didn't like using a TM that would be gone forever.

Is all of that info confirmed real though? I know that the other day a fake scan form CoroCoro popped up online.

Based on it's look, Kurumiru appears to be the Gen V early bug Pokemon (like Caterpie/Weedle, Spinarak, etc.)

Some info you missed:

The first Gym leader in the game is Dento of Sanyou City, a waiter. In the anime he is one of the two characters who will be joining Ash in the new Pokemon: Best Wishes series (as the producer confirmed that Brock and Dawn will not be joining Ash in Isshu). The second gym leader is Aloe of Shippo City.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2010, 01:26:52 AM »
I love that Golem now has 2 things Ryperior doesn't! Sturdy is so awesome in the future! YAHOO!!! Now I just need Primeape to get an awesome ability/evolution/move.

RomanceDawn

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »
I'm glad that TMs can be used multiple times. I always since the 3rd generation just bought TMs that I could rebuy. It also makes  that TM breeding not really needed.

Golem is probably the  Rock/Ground type that I have used the most. So I'm glad for the addition.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »
TM breeding will still have a use though, a lot of Pokemon can only learn certain TM moves through breeding (as they are Egg moves).

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »
I saw the 6 minute trailer.  This is the first time I wanted to play pokemon since Silver.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:43 AM »
Well, Famitsu gave out it's now seasonal perfect score to B&W. :P
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
Wow 40/40 thats great! I am very much looking forward to this, but a rumor is going around that there will be no new evolutions of older pokemon. I was certain that Sun Fish Pokemon came from Luvdisc but we'll know in about a week.

RomanceDawn