Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167465 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7900 on: December 29, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
Lately there seems to be a shift were everyone is poo-pooing Aliens:Colonial Marines. Is it because it's coming out on Wii U?

Oh absolutely. I sware every time a franchise is finally ligitamately coming to Nintendo it's either lost all credibility because of quality or the general consensus is its not that important anymore.

It's the only reason why numbered final fantasy will ever make it back to Nintendo home consoles.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:28:21 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: December 29, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
Lately there seems to be a shift were everyone is poo-pooing Aliens:Colonial Marines. Is it because it's coming out on Wii U?

Who are these everyone?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7902 on: December 29, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
It's the only reason why numbered final fantasy will ever make it back to Nintendo home consoles.
I can't wait until Final Fantasy XV is announced for Wii U and PS4. Going to make heads roll!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7903 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
I can't wait until Final Fantasy XV is announced for Wii U and PS3. Going to make heads roll!

Fixed that for you.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: December 29, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »

Who are these everyone?

Weekend Confirmed, NeoGaf, Gametrailers commentors, Joystiq commentors, Kotaku commentors.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7905 on: December 30, 2012, 12:37:25 AM »
But, but i wanted my ExciteBots sequel!..  :'(
Just can't get too much excited about buying yet another kart racer no matter how good.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »

Who are these everyone?

Weekend Confirmed, NeoGaf, Gametrailers commentors, Joystiq commentors, Kotaku commentors.

More like the majority of the press guys have played the game and it isn't that hot and there are better games in that niche coming out around the same time frame.

The only reason why Nintendo fans are even hyping this game is because its one of the only third party Wii u games hitting early next year.  The whole motion sensor gimmick sounds cool but if the the rest of the game is hot garbage than its a moot point.
Gearbox was smart though this game is going to bomb hard on Xbox/PS3 but will probably do decent numbers on the Wii U as that seems to be the only version they are hyping and mostly due to lack of competition on the platform.
Also the only other game that has had a dubious production history that was released from gearbox was also total ****,
Its less paranoid Wii U hate and more the game is mediocre and there are way more other better games hitting in that same time frame on the two systems that side of the media cares about.
Even if there wasn't a Wii U version the game was always going to bomb because

1) its supposedly mediocre.

2) its coming out next too fuse (another bomb that will kill insomniac), army of two devils cartel, dead space 3, gears of war judgement, BioShock.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: December 30, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
The thing is the press was rah-rah about it several months ago. I think it will at least be competent. Gearbox knows shooters, Gearbox knows co-op.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 30, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
That game looks good. MAybe I just like my Aliens universe. What if this was the Goldeneye of Wii U? Maybe it will be amazing and hit everyone off guard.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: December 30, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
That game looks good. MAybe I just like my Aliens universe. What if this was the Goldeneye of Wii U? Maybe it will be amazing and hit everyone off guard.

I dunno about that, Goldeneye 007 had a few things going for it that have long been lost because of how common console shooters are. Honestly the only reason I'm thinking of buying it is because I like the Aliens universe as well, even if I'm more of a casual fan than most, and sometimes I like having a mindless FPS around. The sci-fi setting instantly lends catches my interest over the only other shooter on Wii U, BLOPS II - which had a few sci-fi weapons/gadgets but is still too stuck in the realistic. Maybe I just prefer my shooters.... IN SPAAAAACCEEE
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: December 30, 2012, 02:26:45 PM »
The thing is the press was rah-rah about it several months ago. I think it will at least be competent. Gearbox knows shooters, Gearbox knows co-op.

Eh game sounds cool but really isn't what I want in an aliens game which is a metroid/read space/borderlands hybrid.

Even if the game turns out good I'm expecting it to bomba which is really bad for Sega which desperately needs a hit.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:32 AM »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Wait. What kind of gaming website is chosen to be titled as Weekend Confirmed. Who are these people. Bah, couldn't care less.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7912 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
Weekend Confirmed is a podcast from shacknews.com, I don't listen to it but it's one of the more popular gaming podcasts.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7913 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
I had to stop listening and subscribing to Weekend Confirmed. Too much unsupported drivel and bias comes from Garnett Lee's mouth. I couldn't take it any more. Though I do like Jeff Cannata (two Ns and one T) and Andrea Rene, Garnett hogs the spotlight, stealing conversation and/or factual points away being made by the other hosts. He comes off as a hothead, and I dislike that aspect quite a bit...

Which is why I LOVE RFN, Connectivity, 8-4 Play, and P1P. Tons of chemistry and balance between all of the hosts from each of these podcasts - makes it a joy for my ears to listen to. Much appreciated.

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone heard anything on Watch Dogs - specifically a Wii U version happening? Game looks like it was MADE for the GamePad. Also, I really do hope Monster Games is working on a direct sequel to Diddy Kong Racing. I'd love to tackle a new Adventure mode. Previous game's single-player was killer.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: December 31, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
Nope they were coy on it getting a wii u version. However it might come seeing as the 360 version will support smart glass and the PS3/PC will have an iPad application add on. Also it was hinted that its also for next gen consoles,

I'm guessing the Durango/Or is/PC will get the crazy Huber good looking game with more content shown off at e3 while PS3/369/Wii U gets downscaled version.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 31, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »
http://polytroncorporation.com/state-of-the-polytron

Polytron saying they're porting Fez to other platforms. I know it's a long shot but...eShop maybes?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7916 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
With the designer of the game being a bitch and letting fans play a glitched game because he doesn't want to pay for a patch to fix it, I think it's a good chance since Nintendo is not charging for updates to Wii U eShop games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: December 31, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
Polytron saying they're porting Fez to other platforms. I know it's a long shot but...eShop maybes?
I'll have a long and hearty laugh when it will appear on PC.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »

Eh game sounds cool but really isn't what I want in an aliens game which is a metroid/read space/borderlands hybrid.

Even if the game turns out good I'm expecting it to bomba which is really bad for Sega which desperately needs a hit.

SEGA needs a hit? Just make more Sonic games in the vein of Sonic Colors/Generations.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Cartridge to use 3DS as Upad
« Reply #7919 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »
Nintendo Master, a French site, is saying Nintendo is working on a cartridge to stream Wii U to 3DS, then if you had the Circle Pad pro, it will function as another Wii U game pad.

It would be a decent solution for people who already own a 3ds and a 2nd pad isn't an absolute necessity. Miyamoto mentioned this as a possibility during Wii U's E3 reveal when he was caught off guard by the double Upad concern. S it's probably happening.

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnews/news-32743_rumeur_la_nintendo_3ds_se_muera-t-elle_en_wii_u_gamepad_.htm[/font]
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7920 on: January 03, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
that would give someone like me who doesn't have a 3ds more inventive to pick one up, if true..

it also gives someone like me who doesn't own a 3ds more hope that they'll release a revised version with dual circle pads, and the wiiu cart built in.. nah, it'll never happen :'(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:01:51 PM by EasyCure »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »
it also gives someone like me who doesn't own a 3ds more hope that they'll release a revised version with dual circle pads, and the wiiu cart built in.. nah, it'll never happen :'(
I'd buy it immediately if they did that.  I'll continue to hope.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: January 03, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
/still waiting

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
3ds as wii u controller would be useless cause developers would have to code in support for it.

And if you thought two screens is confusing -- try three with your 3ds! And one of them is stereoscopic!

And no, it won't create even more confusion: wiimote, wiiboard, wii classic controller, wii u pro controller, wii u gamepad, wii zapper, wii u zapper, wii u vitality sensor. No, sir, no confusion at all.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »
If it were to happen, everything would only display on the DS touch screen to make it comparable to  the Gamepad - but then you'd have a big empty screen on the top half.. I'm just assuming that it'd be programmed similar to how the DS handled GBA games, the second screen isn't off, just displaying solid black - lame.

I don't have a 3DS, but isn't (at least the bottom) screen smaller than the Gamepad? Obviously that would affect the resolution but would it have to be coded any differently to make sure everything is displayed properly, so that - for example - on-screen icons-as-buttons aren't cut off? That seems like way more trouble than its worth if that is the case.