Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167932 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7875 on: December 22, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
Somebody needs to come out with an arcade stick for the Wii U first.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried out their Capcom vs Tatsunoko arcade stick on the Wii U? I suppose there's no reason to, as there's no fighting games yet for the Wii U.
Tekken?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spenczar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: December 23, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumored-super-smash-bros-4-characters-and-stages-revealed

Dunno if this has been posted.  Get your salt block, horsies.
3DS friend code: 1418-6713-1779
Message me if you've added me. :]

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: December 23, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
I SEE RIDLEY

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: December 23, 2012, 01:09:32 AM »
I SEE RIDLEY

Any fake list is going to have Ridley on it. That's not to say the list is necessarily fake or that he won't be in the game, but anyone trying to pull off a fake is going to put him there.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: December 23, 2012, 05:55:38 AM »
The funniest fake list was during Brawls development when someone claimed Sakurai was on some Japanese radio show and he said the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were being removed from Brawl and a lot of people actually thought it was true and freaked out.

Even when the Ice Climbers were revealed on the official Dojo, some people still acted shocked and said they thought Sakurai removed them, because they still thought the stupid rumor from a year earlier was true.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: December 23, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
Somebody needs to come out with an arcade stick for the Wii U first.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried out their Capcom vs Tatsunoko arcade stick on the Wii U? I suppose there's no reason to, as there's no fighting games yet for the Wii U.
Tekken?

D'oh!

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: December 23, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
As far as plausible-sounding, almost certainly fake leaks go, that article is pretty good. I reaaaally doubt King K. Rool will ever appear in anything again, though. DKCR seemed to go out of its way to eliminate the kremlings.

On the other hand, the weaving in of the new Yoshi Game/character is great rumor synergy.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7882 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
That article sounds fake, just the rumored characters alone are enough to rule it as BS.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: December 23, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
All of those characters have good fake rumour logic behind them. I especially like the Little Mac vs Takamaru part. Tying in the Yoshi Land rumour is pretty slick, though that's also the biggest indicator that it's fake.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: December 23, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »
Sakurai said there won't be any news for quite a while.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7885 on: December 24, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
I'm still hoping for that special version of MvC3 for WiiU that i requested, but I'm not holding my breath.

YES! Please... I would love this oh so much; I keep sticking my head in here to see if anything pops up about a Marvel vs. Capcom game on the Wii U.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »
K Rool, Ridley, Megaman and Mewtwo are hands down, universally the most requested characters in the West. All fake leaks will include at least 2 of them. And as much as each of them would make great characters and even with all my campaigning I don't have much hope for any but 1. God I hope I'm wrong.

K Rool, hasn't been seen since Super Sluggers and god knows what Capcom will do with Mega. At least Ridley has had a real presence in each Smash, with it getting bigger in the sequels, still... It's awkward body Ridley. Mewtwo is the only one any of us should count on.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7887 on: December 28, 2012, 12:51:06 AM »
And that is because Mewtwo has already been in the series as a playable character (in Melee).

I think Nintendo could maybe includes Miis.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: December 28, 2012, 12:53:21 AM »
I'm shocked they didn't include Miis in Brawl. It just makes too much sense to include what have to be the most significant new characters Nintendo's created in close to a decade.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: December 28, 2012, 02:09:42 AM »
It's gotta be longer than a decade. I don't think Olimar and his Pikmin can't really count as significant considering Nintendo regularly ignores the series.

It is kinda sad that they are only really making one new IP or so a generation: Pikmin on the Gamecube and Miis on the Wii. Even in the established franchises they haven't made many new additions. The biggest new Mario character I can think of is Rosalina. Before that all I recall is Tingle and Waluigi in the N64 generation and one of those are just a clone.

Any other 'new' characters in the Mario world have bit roles and are tossed away after a brief cameo. And great new characters like Midna in Zelda are forgotten.

I'm hoping my memory is failing me but what else has Nintendo brought to us (and kept with us) since the time of the N64 in terms of new IPs and characters? Pikmin, Rosalina, Tingle and Miis seem to be it.

I don't count games they choose to abandon in Japan because they are just that: abandoned.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:39:31 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: December 28, 2012, 02:16:32 AM »
Animal Crossing was in that span, and I think a character based on that would work well. There's also Custom Robo, which is fairly obscure, but has seen two releases outside of Japan.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: December 28, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
Dillon's Rolling Western! Nintendog! Dr. Kawashima! Dr. E Gaad!

and the new Hotness... MONITA!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: December 28, 2012, 02:20:32 AM »
Animal Crossing was in that span, and I think a character based on that would work well. There's also Custom Robo, which is fairly obscure, but has seen two releases outside of Japan.

You mean CHIBI ROBO! perfection!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: December 28, 2012, 02:27:12 AM »
No, I mean Custom Robo, but Chibi Robo is a good suggestion too. Forget about Smash Bros., though, just give me a new Custom Robo game for 3DS.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: December 28, 2012, 02:55:27 AM »
Forgot about those, but they do seem to not fit the role of 'major' IPs. They could easily become major IPs if Nintendo would cultivate them more but Nintendo treats them more like inconvenient necessities than big releases. If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or their 'flavor of the season' IP like Metroid or Kirby they don't make a huge deal about it.

In terms of games:
>Animal Crossing was an N64 title.
>Custom Robo hasn't seen anything since the early DS title with no Wii title. Also an older series dating back to N64 (earlier?)
>Chibi Robo's last game was a Wal-Mart exclusive which limited its availability and exposure.
>Fire Emblem skips every other title in its release schedule. Also dates back to pre-N64.
>Nintendo owns the IP rights for Eternal Darkness and it's game mechanics yet we have not seen a sequel, spiritual or otherwise.

All those characters you mentioned (with the possible exception of Dr. E Gaad) would fall under the label of minor characters.

I feel my original point still stands that Nintendo has not produced much, if any, meaningful new significant IP since the N64 era. They have the potential for it, but they regularily choose to ignore those underdeveloped IPs.

...And I've thoroughly derailed the rumor thread...I should make a new thread for this topic. Apologies for the derail but I feel this is a good point of discussion.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: December 28, 2012, 04:11:36 AM »
I'm shocked they didn't include Miis in Brawl. It just makes too much sense to include what have to be the most significant new characters Nintendo's created in close to a decade.

Mii's weren't in Brawl because Sakurai didn't even know they existed in 2005.  Sakurai decided Brawl's roster (with the exception of Sonic) in Summer 2005 before they even started development in the Fall.  Back in 2001 when Link's profile was added to the Melee Dojo that was Japan only then, he said that he was surprised by the cel-shaded Link shown at the SpaceWorld event that year and joked about how it was to late to add that Link instead since he didn't even know this new Toon Link existed until the rest of us did.

In other words, Nintendo doesn't really inform Sakurai about what some of their upcoming major games are going to be like so he can only decide the rosters based only on current games released.  It's the same reason Ike had his Path of Radiance design instead of his Radiant Dawn design.  Path of Radiance was released in Spring 2005 in Japan while Radiant Dawn was early 2007.

This is something everyone should remember since the roster to the next Smash Bros would have been decided around Spring 2012 so any new IP's or characters added to Nintendo series after Spring 2012 won't get in since Sakurai had no idea they even existed.  Nintendo still believes in Yamauchi's practice of isolating their developers from each other so that they have no idea what the other ones might be doing.  You'd think they'd make an exception for Smash Bros but according to Sakurai, they don't.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7896 on: December 28, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
Sakurai could have added Miis though. Miis were announced in June 2006, the game came out in February 2008. Even if he found out about them when we did, he still could have added them. He may have had a idea of the roster he wanted, but nothing stopped him from changing it. Anyways, I would be surprised if SSB 4 didn't have them.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: December 29, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »
It's possible that Nintendo don't want Miis in Smash Brothers due to possible backlash, the game may be a bit too violent to put in representations of real people.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Diddy Kong Racing sequel
« Reply #7898 on: December 29, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »
]http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/63993533

Who's up for another stupid gamefaqs rumor? This one is about Diddy kong Racing.

Hello,

I'm a friend of someone at Monster Games, and I felt Nintendo fans should know about their upcoming project. I do not work at Monster Games, but I have a pretty good connection with multiple employees there.

Nintendo hired a bunch of people in Minnesota to join the team. They just hired two contract artists a week ago.

Back in 2011, after Pilotwings Resort wrapped up, Nintendo offered Monster Games different ideas for future projects. Around June 2011, Monster Games began work on a Diddy Kong Racing sequel for the Wii U. Nintendo owns the rights to Diddy Kong and Diddy Kong Racing, and Monster Games specialty is in the racing genre. Dave Broske and Dave Pollatsek are the programming leads on the game, and the game design chief is John Schneider. Josh Defries is working on Environment design. Kodai Matsumoto is a superviser on the project.

A guy named Mitch Ernst is another person working on the game. He's involved in user interface design with the Wii U controller's touchscreen. You can touch certain icons on the touchscreen to use power ups.

There were some legal grey zones with characters like Tip Tup, Timber, Bumper, etc, and Nintendo was in talks with Microsoft/Rare to clear it up. Banjo and Conker won't be in the game.

The sequel to Diddy Kong Racing is planned for a 2013 release for the Wii U, and it will be revealed sometime next year. There will be an adventure mode similar to the Nintendo 64 game, as well as online multiplayer. Miiverse will be implemented into the game, and you'll be able to race using your Mii's as well as other characters.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:13:04 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: December 29, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »
Lately there seems to be a shift were everyone is poo-pooing Aliens:Colonial Marines. Is it because it's coming out on Wii U?