Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3168128 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7850 on: December 07, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Dual Pixels is hit or miss. However, I believe they outed Lords of Shadow 2 AND Mirror of Fate. The former was pretty obvious if you played the original, but the latter came out of no where. I was pleasantly surprised when that turned out to be true. /Catsylvania

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7851 on: December 07, 2012, 08:07:17 PM »
That's an awfully long beta. Would they have to charge to keep it up that long?
You apparently haven't been a subscriber to Final Fantasy XIV like I have. :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: December 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »
Resident Evil 6 could appear on the Wii U afterall according to a rumor.

http://www.examiner.com/article/resident-evil-6-final-hope-may-be-coming-to-wii-u-with-claire-and-more

According to Dual Pixels, the Nintendo Wii U will be getting a special edition of the game with the title of “Resident Evil 6: Final Hope.” In addition to the bug and gameplay fixes, the new version will also add the Wii U gamepad functionality, DLC for a Claire scenario and more modes in addition to a high-definition port for the Nintendo 3DS game, “Resident Evil Revelations.” A new “Resident Evil Operation” is also apparently in development for multiple systems. You can check out the full details on the rumors from Dual Pixelsbelow:

And here is a website detailing how the game could benefit from using the Gamepad.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/talking_point_games_that_need_wii_u_resident_evil_6
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:23:02 AM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: December 21, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »
I just bought Revelations last night. God dammit.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: December 21, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Doesn't Resident Evil 6 suck?  I've heard that, like a lot of bad games, it has sold below expectations so I can see why Capcom would want to try to get some Wii U sales to compensate.  But I'm pretty sure the game has sold below expectations because it sucks and negative word-of-mouth has killed it.  So I fear that Capcom will make a Wii U version, it won't sell because it's a crap game and it will not have the benefit of early adopters buying it before the negitive opinions were in, and then Capcom will base future Wii U support on that.  Much like Mass Effect 3, it's a con game that only Wii U owners that are completely ignorant of the rest of industry would buy.  Capcom's hope would be to get enough people thinking "hey, Resident Evil!" without knowing the full details.

So either the game sells and third parties figure that Wii U owners are dumb rubes that will buy anything OR the game flops and third parties figure that Wii U owners don't support third party games.  It's a rigged game.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7855 on: December 21, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
They mention bug and gameplay fixes, so maybe that'll make the game better?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: December 21, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
Doesn't Resident Evil 6 suck?  I've heard that, like a lot of bad games, it has sold below expectations so I can see why Capcom would want to try to get some Wii U sales to compensate.  But I'm pretty sure the game has sold below expectations because it sucks and negative word-of-mouth has killed it.  So I fear that Capcom will make a Wii U version, it won't sell because it's a crap game and it will not have the benefit of early adopters buying it before the negitive opinions were in, and then Capcom will base future Wii U support on that.  Much like Mass Effect 3, it's a con game that only Wii U owners that are completely ignorant of the rest of industry would buy.  Capcom's hope would be to get enough people thinking "hey, Resident Evil!" without knowing the full details.

So either the game sells and third parties figure that Wii U owners are dumb rubes that will buy anything OR the game flops and third parties figure that Wii U owners don't support third party games.  It's a rigged game.

You could argue the same points about Ninja Gaiden 3 being on the Wii U. Team Ninja went back and fixed the bugs and issues that fans of that series complained about and the Wii U version is considered the definitive version. Why can't Resident Evil 6 be any different?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
Resident Evil 6 is okay. It gets better after upgrading your skills but it takes forever. It has a lot of really dumb design choices which individually aren't bad, but as a whole really drags the game down. Jake was super annoying.

I heard this rumor a couple weeks ago, but it didn't get picked up by the bigger sites so I figured it was bogus. I have no doubts that a special edition of the game will eventually come out; I just wasn't sold on this being true, at least not yet. I'm pretty confident that RE6 will eventually come to Wii U and a special edition is how I would expect it brought over. The Claire scenario sounds like shenanigans. An HD Revelaitons is pretty likely. The game was well received and is an obvious port. Still, while it is nice and all, but I can't imagine it playing better than it does on 3DS, even if there is a Wii U version though that would be the best HD version due to the GamePad.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: December 21, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
Resident Evil 6 is okay. It gets better after upgrading your skills but it takes forever. It has a lot of really dumb design choices which individually aren't bad, but as a whole really drags the game down. Jake was super annoying.

I heard this rumor a couple weeks ago, but it didn't get picked up by the bigger sites so I figured it was bogus. I have no doubts that a special edition of the game will eventually come out; I just wasn't sold on this being true, at least not yet. I'm pretty confident that RE6 will eventually come to Wii U and a special edition is how I would expect it brought over. The Claire scenario sounds like shenanigans. An HD Revelaitons is pretty likely. The game was well received and is an obvious port. Still, while it is nice and all, but I can't imagine it playing better than it does on 3DS, even if there is a Wii U version though that would be the best HD version due to the GamePad.

I would pay good money to have a better version of Resident Evil 6 on the Wii U.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7859 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
The HD version of Revelations was unofficially confirmed almost a month ago, the Korean Rating Board (South Korea's version of the ESRB) listed the game as for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7860 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
I would pay good money to have a better version of Resident Evil 6 on the Wii U.
Fixed.

I would only double dip if Capcom released the Anthology on Wii U including Code Veronica and the Remake instead of Director's Cut. That doesn't seem likely though. Depending on the extras in the RE6 special edition, I would consider it after the price drops.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: December 21, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
Capcom loves its BETRAYALTON!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 21, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »
They mention bug and gameplay fixes, so maybe that'll make the game better?
Capcom announced back in November that they had heard the complaints and seen the scores and were working to fix the game to make it better and more playable, that the update would be free for the PS3 & 360 versions.  I'm waiting to pick the game up until that actually happens and probably will still wait for the Gold/GOTY version of the game.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: December 21, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »
Resident Evil 6 is coming to Wii U!!!!!

Why are we just now hearing about this!?

Adrock heard this rumor a few weeks ago!?
why are you just sharing this now!?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: December 21, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »
Resident Evil 6 is coming to Wii U!!!!!

Why are we just now hearing about this!?

why are you just sharing this now!?

I had to bring it to everyone's attention.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:32 AM »
Someone already complained about Dual Pixels so I wanted to wait for better sources. The entire universe expects Capcom to release a special edition of Resident Evil 6 and the "Final Hope" subtitle does go along with the game's "No Hope Left" tagline so this rumor wasn't much of a stretch. That said, anyone can make up a rumor this believable. The Claire scenario makes this sound fake though. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but I was a bit more skeptical of the rumor after reading it. She's the bridge between Leon and Chris, but I don't see how she fits into game's plot. The rumor does state a "sequel scenario" featuring Claire so it would take place after the events of RE6. Not to spoil anything, but RE6 wraps itself up pretty neatly, in terms of the conspiracy that drives the plot. Some **** goes down in China, but the plot doesn't lend itself to a new scenario like Resident Evil 4 or 5 did. We'll see.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
I'm more interested in Revalations getting ported to the Wii U.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 22, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »
 was being sarcastic for those that didn't catch it.

Details are new, but special edition of RE6 for WiiU i believe has been mentioned before, somewhere ...

But all kidding aside, the more support for this rumor, the better.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 22, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
Meh I understand why their porting RE6 to Wii U. (It sold below expectations and has a bad word of mouth)

But if I were to port any game to Wii U it would be Dragon's Dogma. The Wii U doesn't really have any game similar to it (I guess monster Hunter is close) and its still a pretty new IP.

Bundling the First Game its DLC and the Dark Arisen expansion pack would move a good amount of units for a growing franchise.

But I guess they're afraid that it will cannablize monster hunter sales and vice versa.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: December 22, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
Put wiimote controls in, and i just might think about it, Capcom. Not promising anything though.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7870 on: December 22, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
It was word of mouth that hurt RE6. Capcom said it started off really well, but then sales dropped (indicating bad word of mouth from initial buyers). Hopefully some of the problems get fixed if it gets ported to Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: December 22, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
If they fix the problems and add pointer controls I'd definitely pick it up, and I'd most likely double dip on the Revelations up-port.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: December 22, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
I'm still hoping for that special version of MvC3 for WiiU that i requested, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: December 22, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
Somebody needs to come out with an arcade stick for the Wii U first.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: December 22, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
Somebody needs to come out with an arcade stick for the Wii U first.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried out their Capcom vs Tatsunoko arcade stick on the Wii U? I suppose there's no reason to, as there's no fighting games yet for the Wii U.