Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167841 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7825 on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
THQ going out of business? See if I were Nintendo I would buy the rights to whatever popular series a company has that going out of business. Red Faction might be worth nabbing. Other than that I'm surprised THQ doesnt have more, they mostly make licensed ****.

ironic...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017401/humble-thq-bundle-is-ready-to-shut-up-and-take-your-money.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:07:01 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: November 29, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
THQ going out of business? See if I were Nintendo I would buy the rights to whatever popular series a company has that going out of business. Red Faction might be worth nabbing. Other than that I'm surprised THQ doesnt have more, they mostly make licensed ****.

ironic...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017401/humble-thq-bundle-is-ready-to-shut-up-and-take-your-money.html

I still think they should buy Vigil and Volition along with the Metro, Darksiders and Saint's Row series.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:16:36 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
I guess not even Jason Rubin could save THQ xD
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7828 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
The head of Ubisoft has said they would be interested in buying some THQ IPs. And I don't see this as them going out of business.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: November 30, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »
Yes! Get volition to make Freespace 3 exclusive to Wii U instead of that Saints Row junk.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7830 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
But saints row is a really good and well made series and the only IP that thq has that's wortha damn.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: November 30, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »
It was more frustration than anything else.  I have never played Saints Row so I have no idea if it is good or not, but it isn't Freespace so its quality is irrelevent (as far as I am concerned anyway).

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: December 01, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
But saints row is a really good and well made series and the only IP that thq has that's wortha damn.

What about the WWE games? They're still popular. And Red Faction was pretty popular.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: December 01, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
Wwe isn't owned by thq. When thq dies someone else (ea) will pick up the rights.  Red faction hasn't been doing that hot the last couple of games. 

Beyond saints row I can't see any other big IP they have aside from darksiders and da blob (imo)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: December 01, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »
Does THQ own the Darksiders IP? If so, I would love to see Nintendo pick that up.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7835 on: December 01, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
THQ does own it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: December 01, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
Even on firesale, I don't think it's worth it for Nintendo to buy Darksiders. It's like 70% Zelda, not super popular, and Joe Madureira recently left Vigil Games. Nintendo might as well just create a new IP at that point.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
Even on firesale, I don't think it's worth it for Nintendo to buy Darksiders. It's like 70% Zelda, not super popular, and Joe Madureira recently left Vigil Games. Nintendo might as well just create a new IP at that point.

I had hoped that Nintendo could aquire Vigil and Volition and make a new dream team of developers for the Wii U much in the same way that Rare, SK,and Factor 5 were in the past. If SK were to go bankrupt then perhaps Vigil could make Eternal Darkness 2 will Nintendo's close supervision?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: December 01, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
Buying the developers is a lot better of an idea than buying the Darksiders IP. I like whoever's idea it was to have them make a new Freespace, although that sadly will never happen.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: December 01, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
Well you to assume that when the fire sale happens IP will go alongside the developers. 

I think darksiders might be a good fit for sony. They really don't have anything comparable to Zelda and Fable.

I think most of THQs properites will do well.  The Del Torro project Insane which was cancelled recently got picked up by an unkown publisher.

Word on the street is that WB Games have picked up the project to solidfy their relationship with Del Torro. He's directing the Hobbit series, next year he has Pacfic rim coming out, and he's been in talks to direct a Justice League Dark film for the DC movieverse. Makes sense that they would be the ones to pick up the game.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: December 02, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
Peter Jackson is directing the Hobbit Trilogy...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: December 02, 2012, 01:56:58 AM »
I thought he was Producing and Guillermo was directing

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: December 02, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »
I think Guillermo dropped out a while back.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: December 02, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
I had heard he moved on when the movie was in a holding pattern, but then it got back on track and he was back on board.

But I haven't been following it. Should be easy enough to look up, so I'll go do that real quick.
edit: Look like Jackson did decide to just direct it all, which makes sense since he did do the original trilogy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:54:09 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: December 02, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
Buying the developers is a lot better of an idea than buying the Darksiders IP. I like whoever's idea it was to have them make a new Freespace, although that sadly will never happen.

Apparently Freespace is owned in too many bits by too many people.  One of the guys from Volition did say the team would kill to make it though. 

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7845 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
According to a poster on GoNintendo named YoshiRider123, it seems you can delete the Wii Menu app from the Wii U.

The actual thread is posted on the Nsider2 forums, where he goes by the name Yomi:

Quote from: YoshiRider123
1. Have the Wii game inserted into the Wii U so that the disc app on the Home Menu changes so that it directs you to the Wii Menu when you start it.

2. Drag the Wii disc app over to the Wii Menu app, and let go.

When I did this, the Wii Menu app disappeared. Instead of both apps swapping places, the Wii disc app that I dragged over to the Wii Menu app took its spot, and an empty space went to where the Wii disc app was originally located as if I were actually moving an empty app slot. What essentially happened was that the Wii disc app took over the Wii Menu app and the Wii U treated them as the same thing, causing them to merge into a single app in which the disc app had the priority of being executed. This is a very plausible theory because the Wii U actually refers to both the Wii Menu app and the disc app when a Wii game is loaded as "Wii Menu" when you select either, creating the implication that the Wii U may interpret both apps as the same thing.

I am now left with a Wii U that no longer provides me direct access to the Wii Menu without having having a Wii game disc inserted, because the app that lets me do that no longer exists. This is not good. This means that if I want to play a WiiWare or Wii Virtual Console game, I have to have a Wii game disc inserted. In theory, I have no way of retrieving the Wii Menu app back unless I reformat my console.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Smash Rumor
« Reply #7846 on: December 07, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumored-single-player-and-online-super-smash-bros-4-details-for-3ds-and-wii-u

No way they are going to to a 1 year beta test. Is that not insanely long? These are all very safe guesses aside from the testing.

Namco-Bandai is working with Sakurai to get a fully working demo at E3 for Smash Bros. Sakurai really took to heart the complaints about the single player game and the online game. He is solving this by making the single player very deep this time done by the Tales series people and is planning to have a Network Beta of the game for download the day of Nintendo’s E3 show. This way they can beta test online for about one year before they ship the game.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7847 on: December 07, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
That's an awfully long beta. Would they have to charge to keep it up that long?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: December 07, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »
Normally I would say a 1 year beta test is way too long. Buuuuuuuut I think we can all agree this is the one game Nintendo cannot screw up when it comes to online. We can tolerate other games not having online modes but this has to be the one game that has a robust online mode.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/rumored-single-player-and-online-super-smash-bros-4-details-for-3ds-and-wii-u

No way they are going to to a 1 year beta test. Is that not insanely long? These are all very safe guesses aside from the testing.

Namco-Bandai is working with Sakurai to get a fully working demo at E3 for Smash Bros. Sakurai really took to heart the complaints about the single player game and the online game. He is solving this by making the single player very deep this time done by the Tales series people and is planning to have a Network Beta of the game for download the day of Nintendo’s E3 show. This way they can beta test online for about one year before they ship the game.

ome possible details may have been revealed on Saturday in regards to the upcoming multiplatform title, “Super Smash Bros. 4.†According to Dual Pixels, Namco Bandai Games is preparing a demo for next year’s E3.

Fake as fake can possibly be.  The original source for this rumor is Dual Pixels which has a terrible record with their rumors.  They're up their with Zelda Informer and Spoong when it comes to making up ****.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai