Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167683 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7450 on: August 19, 2012, 02:27:28 AM »
I'd like to know the amount of shaders too. the AMD R7XX series PC cards can range from 80 to 800 streams.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: August 19, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »
http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/metroid-team-ninja-wants-to-work-with-nintendo-again-hayashi/

Hayashi (Team Ninja) wants to have another go at Metroid, he has kept in touch with Sakamoto apparently.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:32:04 AM by Tamazoid »
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: August 19, 2012, 05:14:13 AM »
http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/metroid-team-ninja-wants-to-work-with-nintendo-again-hayashi/

Hayashi (Team Ninja) wants to have another go at Metroid, he has kept in touch with Sakamoto apparently.

OH PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!111111
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: August 19, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »
Unfortunately that still doesn't give us clock speeds.

Clock speeds and RAM amounts are the last things to get locked down. They can tweak those right up till the final stages pre actual production
For a release this year They should be locked by this time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7454 on: August 19, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »

Absolutely fantastic. I welcome it with open arms. I'd love to see that team have another go at making a Metroid title - this time correcting any mistakes made from the first game's development. A bit more backtracking, take away the pixel hunts, and I think we could see a great Metroid game come out of the whole ordeal.

Honestly, you lot who hate on Other M are morons. :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7455 on: August 19, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
No USB 3.0 or thunderbolt. Why cant nintendo go with the two ports that are going to be on pretty much every computer next year and are going to be on all high end machines when the win8 machines launch.

Beyond that and no built in HDD/SDD or a bigger amount of flash memory I'm cool with the specs thus far.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: August 19, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Because the Wii U isn't a computer, and no one will give a **** about thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: August 19, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
If they want us to load whole games off an external hard drive then USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt would definitely be preferable to USB 2.0.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: August 19, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
Because the Wii U isn't a computer, and no one will give a **** about thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

Seeing as by nextyear most hdds/SSds are going to be usb3 only itwould make sense to use that format.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: August 19, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

But isn't USB 2.0 already faster than your normal bluray drive?

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:40 PM »
What's Thunderbolt? Is it anything like that failed Firewire tech from the early 2000's?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: August 19, 2012, 05:35:04 PM »
What's Thunderbolt? Is it anything like that failed Firewire tech from the early 2000's?

http://www.apple.com/thunderbolt/

And firewaire wasn't a failure. There is a big difference in being a consumer standard than being a industry standard. Firewire was widely used in the photography/film industries and is just now being slowly phased out.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: August 19, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

http://www.apple.com/thunderbolt/

And firewaire wasn't a failure. There is a big difference in being a consumer standard than being a industry standard. Firewire was widely used in the photography/film industries and is just now being slowly phased out.

Apple and Intel created Thunderbolt? So it's like a new version of USB that will most-likely only be on Macs. Cause I highly doubt Apple wants to license their tech to other manufacturers. Look at how stingy they are with iOS.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: August 19, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_(interface)

Apple doesn't own the tech. They just helped in development and marketing of it. Its no different that. Intel teaming with Microsoft to make Ultrabooks.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: August 19, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »
2 USB ports on the Wii U is exactly enough to be able to plug in a USB hard drive that requires 2 USB ports. Too bad if you want to be able to plug anything else in, though. Is it really too much to ask to have at least 4 ports?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: August 19, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »
2 USB ports on the Wii U is exactly enough to be able to plug in a USB hard drive that requires 2 USB ports. Too bad if you want to be able to plug anything else in, though. Is it really too much to ask to have at least 4 ports?

There are 4 USB ports on the Wii U.... so no, it's not too much to ask.

(2 in the front & 2 in the back)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: August 19, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »

*sigh*

Would you care to re-read the specs? Or Shyguy's previous post? Or just look at Nintendo's already announced number of USB ports the things has?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: August 19, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
Unfortunately that still doesn't give us clock speeds.

Clock speeds and RAM amounts are the last things to get locked down. They can tweak those right up till the final stages pre actual production
For a release this year They should be locked by this time.
Minimum is probably known already.  It's one reason games in the first year usually look worse than games in years 2-5 of a system.  The games made in the first year are using the minimum specs to make sure their game will run no matter what on launch day.  Once they find out that Nintendo upped the ram by 512MB and upped the clock a bit, they will push the next game even further.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: August 19, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »

*sigh*

Would you care to re-read the specs? Or Shyguy's previous post? Or just look at Nintendo's already announced number of USB ports the things has?

Okay, my bad. It was 2 USB controllers not two USB ports. So each controller provides 2 ports for 4 ports total. I guess that's reasonable.
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: August 19, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
His desire to see the Wii U fail is blinding him!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
uMote operates @ 30yrds !!?
« Reply #7470 on: August 20, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »
uMote operates @ 30 yds!!??

According to a GAF user who spoke to a Nintendo Tech Ninja @ a recent event, that is exactly what the uMote is capable of in an unobstructed environment.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41177845&postcount=17092
Quote from: Nostremitus @ NeoGAF
First off, the game pads were tethered, no luck testing distance, however I spoke to one of the actual Nintendo employees there Not the black shirted cheerleaders, the plain clothed guys who fixed the systems if there were to be any type of problem He told me that he had personally seen one work at 30 yards bit beyond that he couldn't say. He then specified that there were also no walls separating the game pad and system at the time, then added the standard anywhere in the living room line before stating that they always officially state a shorter range than what is technically possible because depending on their setup not everyone will achieve Max range. We then spoke of the wave bird functioning at double Nintendo's official range, but he would comment further...

so assuming what he was told (and is saying) it true, that's about 90 feet when unobstructed. That is quite impressive.
Assuming a drop down to 1/3 when obstruction is involved, most people will be able to play from many different rooms in their house, if not the entire house and then some. Very good news if you ask me.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
So would it be possible to play a Wii U game on a Titantron from like half a mile away? Then thousands of people could watch you play on the same big screen, but the tiny controller screen would be for your eyes only.
is your sanity...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
The Wavebird was rated at 30ft I believe, but it could pull off 100ft easily. Apples and Oranges, I know, but Nintendo has always had some impressive wireless controller tech.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »
but but the controller is still tethered! Nintendo not understanding wireless technology confirmed.

Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7474 on: August 20, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »
but but the controller is still tethered! Nintendo not understanding wireless technology confirmed.

Or maybe it's because they don't want people attending events to steal the Wii U GamePad, since the GamePad is wireless and we've known that for quite some time.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20