Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3168079 times)

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7275 on: June 25, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »
Think you're a bit mixed up.

At E3 there was the new DMC, or I should say--the reboot by Ninja Theory.  The reboot has nothing to do with the DMC series.

Orginal Dante vs reboot Dante

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:29:21 PM by Ymeegod »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Well, either way, I talked with them about bringing the new game (of the same name) to the Wii U but also consider bringing the HD collection along with it.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: June 25, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
The 3DS does not make a good chew toy for the dog:

http://kotaku.com/5921263/when-a-dog-eats-a-nintendo-3ds
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: June 26, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
I enjoyed the Devil May Cry series as sort of a Pulp type fun with the comboing and getting a review very Viewtiful Joeish.  The Reboot so far holds no interest to me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
Well, either way, I talked with them about bringing the new game (of the same name) to the Wii U but also consider bringing the HD collection along with it.
So you just want all five of the games on Wii U.  I understand now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: June 26, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »
Considering the love affair between Nnitendo and Ubisoft is there a possibility that Watch Dogs could be a timed exclusive for the Wii U for about a year then have the game released on the PS4 and 720?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »
I think there's a possibility the game will never materialize into an actual release, and there's certainly a possibility that it won't at all live up to the trailer if it does come out, so why the hell not, that's a possibility as well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: June 26, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »
Wait, I thought it was announced for PC and PS360?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: June 27, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »
Watch Dogs was the GTA like game?

There was a GTA like game next to the Capcom booth at E3, I think it was what became of True Crime Tokyo. Insano, do you know what game im talking about?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: June 27, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »

There was a GTA like game next to the Capcom booth at E3, I think it was what became of True Crime Tokyo. Insano, do you know what game im talking about?

Sleeping Dogs is the name of the game.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: June 27, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »

Watch Dogs is the one where you have your phone/pda that can hack into anything electronic and either manipulate it (controlling traffic signals) or find out info about people.  It looked like it would be a sandbox type open world game just with the hacking gimmick added in. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: June 27, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »

Watch Dogs is the one where you have your phone/pda that can hack into anything electronic and either manipulate it (controlling traffic signals) or find out info about people.  It looked like it would be a sandbox type open world game just with the hacking gimmick added in. 

Yeah, I remember the trailer for that game now. Was that playable at E3?

Is it weird that im asking all of you, while I was the one that was actually there?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: June 28, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »

I thought that was Lego City: Undercover?  :P:
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: June 28, 2012, 06:59:59 PM »

Is it weird that im asking all of you, while I was the one that was actually there?
I know that at the Ubisoft presser when they were showcasing it, they were playing it from onstage.  So it could very well have been playable.  Did you go to the Ubisoft booth?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »
Ubisoft booth was the first place I went. Didn't see it.
played Zombi U, watched Just Dance 4, seen Rabbids, AC3 & FarCry3.

Edit: almost forgot Shooting Game .... or whatever the generically named Unreal Tournament type game was called.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:11:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: June 28, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
I'm almost certain it wasn't playable. I only went to the Ubisoft booth for our appointment, though, so I didn't spend that much time there.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: June 29, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »

I know that at the Ubisoft presser when they were showcasing it, they were playing it from onstage.  So it could very well have been playable.  Did you go to the Ubisoft booth?

Unless something screws up in the presentation I wouldn't actually believe anything was actually played live.  MS faked their entire Kinect presentation a few years ago and the only reason we knew was because it used motion controls.  With a regular controller there is really no way to know.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
Not really a rumored but wanted tl get everyones thoughts on the NFC.

For those who don't know what NFC is.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/10/engadget-primed-what-is-nfc-and-why-do-we-care/

Its probably one of the reasons I'm excited about the wii U.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: July 03, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
Not really a rumored but wanted tl get everyones thoughts on the NFC.

For those who don't know what NFC is.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/10/engadget-primed-what-is-nfc-and-why-do-we-care/

Its probably one of the reasons I'm excited about the wii U.
FYI, there is a thread here pertaining to NFC.  It was specifically made for Smash Bros but it's a better place to discuss NFC, or you can create your own thread about NFC only.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
2 Big Unannounced Multiplat games look much better on Wii U!
« Reply #7294 on: July 19, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
http://www.thegamerscene.com/2012/07/wii-us-graphics-wont-be-a-generation-leap-at-launch-2-big-titles-yet-to-be-announced/

According to this source 2 big multiplatform games are coming to Wii U, and the Wii U versions look much better. Is it true? Well since it's positive it can't be right?

I believe!

According to my source, whom I will keep anonymous, who has actually had play time with the Wii U, yes it is. I have spoken with him many times previously and he told me, and even showed me drawings, of the 3DS XL way before it was announced and Nintendo were still prototyping it a year ago (yes, so soon after launch as some of you may be surprised to hear).

[/color][/size]
At launch, of course, we won’t expect to see the best out of the system because developers can’t just get the max out of a system that they have had for little under 2 years; just look at the difference between Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (2007) and Uncharted 3 (2011). But the 2 titles that he has seen have been superb, he said, and they are both multiplatform games. The Wii U will boast a higher texture resolution that what we will see in these games compared to the PS3 and 360 versions, making it look much better.

[/color][/size]
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: July 19, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
Dead Spce 3 and Tomb Raider.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Rare and Nintendo?
« Reply #7296 on: July 19, 2012, 09:02:28 PM »
Now this rumor is just insane, but it certainly is interesting. Just no way.

[size=0px]According to the tipster, Nintendo is in direct negotiations with Microsoft to buy RARE, though the purpose of buying them seems to be all based around getting the rights to Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, we can't forget the other key franchises Nintendo gets with the acquisition. Conker's Bad Fur Day may have been shunned by Nintendo, but a sequel to that game should be embraced by the Nintendo brass if they want the Wii U to really be for everyone. Of course, this rumor doesn't stop there - it goes as far as to suggest that Retro Studios is actually deep into development on a Banjo and Kazooie title, and that the talks with Microsoft have been ongoing for some time."[/size]

[/size]
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
Re: Rare and Nintendo?
« Reply #7297 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »

[size=0px]According to the tipster, Nintendo is in direct negotiations with Microsoft to buy RARE, though the purpose of buying them seems to be all based around getting the rights to Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, we can't forget the other key franchises Nintendo gets with the acquisition. Conker's Bad Fur Day may have been shunned by Nintendo, but a sequel to that game should be embraced by the Nintendo brass if they want the Wii U to really be for everyone. Of course, this rumor doesn't stop there - it goes as far as to suggest that Retro Studios is actually deep into development on a Banjo and Kazooie title, and that the talks with Microsoft have been ongoing for some time."[/size]
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

I can't explain it, but I felt a strange urge to return to this very thread to see what news that Caterkiller had the forum. Strange that I sense something like this so far away from my computer. What could it be?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7298 on: July 19, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
Meh, Microsoft is barely using them now. Aside from the two Kinect Sports games (released in 2010 and 2011), they haven't made a new game since 2008 (just XBLA ports of their older games).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Rare and Nintendo?
« Reply #7299 on: July 19, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »

Yeah, no way in hell that's true for any number of reasons. Out of curiosity, though, is there any precedent for a developer buying the rights for a single franchise when it didn't involve a company going bankrupt? Nintendo knew what they were doing when they sold Rare, but I can almost countenance the notion of them trying to get B&K back. Microsoft clearly doesn't need the franchise, and doesn't seem inclined to let Rare do anything else besides Kinect games. They've probably juiced the HD versions of the original games for about as much as they're worth at this point, so it wouldn't be a big loss to take them off Xbox Live.