Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167614 times)

Evan_B and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7250 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
Looks like Nintendo now partially owns the Fatal Frame/Project Zero IP.

As an American, there goes my hopes of ever playing a new mainline Fatal Frame game again.  :P:

We need an Operation Framefall to convince Reggie to give us what we want.
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: June 21, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
Here's hoping a Fatal Frame HD collection for the Wii U gets made (of course, then it needs to get translated and released in the US as well). :)  All collection of all 4 games upconverted to HD and released in one package would be something I would pick up.  I never played any of them and a friend of mine showed me a bit of 2 which intrigued me. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: June 21, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »
Maybe a chance to re-release a retooled Fatal Frame 4.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7253 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »
Actually I would love that with some gameplay tweaks.  Imagine holding the GamePad up like a camera to take pictures...even if it isn't the most intuitive controls...it would feel pretty awesome. 

And I love the idea of collections...however, these days more money is in releasing individual games as download titles...and not changing them.  I would imagine upconverting the original 2 games would actually be quite expensive. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: June 24, 2012, 12:11:21 PM »
While nintendo could go westto look for aquistions they would probably be better off picking up tecmo koei. Seems alot of bang for ones buck. Alot of valueable IP would be gained from that as well.

Maybe Sega or THQ would be great before nintendo has to compete with the guys with more money when picking apart the corpses of those guys in about three years. (Sega can easily turn it around, not sure about thq)

Woulnt mind them picking up mistwalker and intergrate them into monolith soft.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: June 24, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »
1. Go to Konami.
2. Buy Bomberman IP.
3. Profit.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Online Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
While nintendo could go westto look for aquistions they would probably be better off picking up tecmo koei. Seems alot of bang for ones buck. Alot of valueable IP would be gained from that as well.

Maybe Sega or THQ would be great before nintendo has to compete with the guys with more money when picking apart the corpses of those guys in about three years. (Sega can easily turn it around, not sure about thq)

Woulnt mind them picking up mistwalker and intergrate them into monolith soft.
I personally think that Japanese developers could do great things if they united under a single banner, especially with the new minds being mixed with the veterans.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
I dunno I thi k that would create an even bigger problem. The thing is that alot of the Japanese devs are really big and an old boys club. Looking at it a lot of the best Japanese studios are smaller devs were everyone gets more input. Platnium Games,Level 5,From Software.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: June 24, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
1. Go to Konami.
2. Buy Bomberman IP.
3. Profit.

Better yet, just buy Konami. It would really be beneficial for Nintendo to expand their hardcore repertoire with such franchises as Silent Hill, Contra, and Metal Gear. All of these (and more) are owned by Konami, so if Nintendo were to buy Konami they would own these franchise along with it.
is your sanity...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7259 on: June 24, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
Nintendo probably could not afford Konami...and they would not sell anyway, unless they were drastically in trouble.  However, Bomberman is an IP I could see them selling...and Nintendo would be a great owner of it...and just for Smash Bros...it would make me happy.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7260 on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
People seem to be under the impression that every Japanese developer is up for sale for some reason. Buying companies is incredibly expensive and difficult to do.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: June 24, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
Actually I would love that with some gameplay tweaks.  Imagine holding the GamePad up like a camera to take pictures...even if it isn't the most intuitive controls...it would feel pretty awesome. 

And I love the idea of collections...however, these days more money is in releasing individual games as download titles...and not changing them.  I would imagine upconverting the original 2 games would actually be quite expensive. 
If you've paid attention to either of the HD systems this gen, you'd know how incorrect you are.  I've seen so many hd collections of ps2 games this gen than any other gen has had previous gen's collections.  Also with Fatal Frame 2 already remade for Wii, I don't think it'd be that hard to upgrade it to hd.  HD upgrades really are all the rage.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: June 24, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Hey, if we end up with an HD collection of DMC then we have me to thank for that.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: June 24, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
Nintendo probably could not afford Konami...and they would not sell anyway, unless they were drastically in trouble.  However, Bomberman is an IP I could see them selling...and Nintendo would be a great owner of it...and just for Smash Bros...it would make me happy.

Nintendo could definitely afford them if they wanted them and they were up for sale. They lost a bit of it this past year, but the company is sitting on a ton of cash and could probably buy up most of the studios in Japan if they had the opportunity.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: June 24, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
Nintendo should buy SEGA and the good parts of THQ like Volition.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
And then they can finally put an end to that Saints Row nonsense and make Freespace 3 exclusive to Wii U.  (But I would prefer it on pc)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »
Hey, if we end up with an HD collection of DMC then we have me to thank for that.
It's already been released...on PS3 & 360.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: June 25, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

I said "we" as in Nintendo gamers and more specifcally for Wii U and in conjunction/bundle with DMC3.

to keep it in context of the comment right before I posted it.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: June 25, 2012, 12:48:46 AM »
Something I just  thought of but didn't know where to post it lol, Nintendo should team up with Squareenix to help publish a "RPG classics" line where they take all the great rpgs from the SNES era and remake them in HD yet still retain the 2d graphics approach and release them digitally on the WiiU's eshop.  I'd kill for a remade HD 2d chrono trigger, FF6, Secret of Mana, Soul Blazer, Act Raiser, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Zelda: LttP, and so on, and so on.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: June 25, 2012, 03:18:25 AM »

I said "we" as in Nintendo gamers and more specifcally for Wii U and in conjunction/bundle with DMC3.

I'm confused.  DMC3 was a PS2 game and it was part of the HD collection.  Did you mean DMC4 or the new Dmc?
So your hope is that the DMC Collection is also released for the Wii U and includes (either with it or released beside it) DMC4 and possibly the new Dmc as well at the same time.  Is that right?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
Something I just  thought of but didn't know where to post it lol, Nintendo should team up with Squareenix to help publish a "RPG classics" line where they take all the great rpgs from the SNES era and remake them in HD yet still retain the 2d graphics approach and release them digitally on the WiiU's eshop.  I'd kill for a remade HD 2d chrono trigger, FF6, Secret of Mana, Soul Blazer, Act Raiser, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Zelda: LttP, and so on, and so on.

God they'd take so much of my money this way...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: June 25, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »
Stephen TROLLtilo has unsubstantiated sources claiming the Wii U will be underpowered in two years. http://kotaku.com/5920931/the-wii-us-power-problem

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: June 25, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
Yeah, I saw that article. Pissed me off to no end. People started bitching about him and calling bullshit to many of his claims and he unsuccessfully tried to defend himself. His defense? "I HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE IN JOURNALISM HERP DERP".

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7273 on: June 25, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
As a standard rule of thumb, I think any time a "journalist" has to defend what they've written, then they should just admit to being wrong or offensive or opinionated or whatever. But that's just me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: June 25, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »

I'm confused.  DMC3 was a PS2 game and it was part of the HD collection.  Did you mean DMC4 or the new Dmc?
So your hope is that the DMC Collection is also released for the Wii U and includes (either with it or released beside it) DMC4 and possibly the new Dmc as well at the same time.  Is that right?

I apologize. I meant bringing the whole HD collection to Wii U along with the newest game in the series. I clearly have no idea how many DMC games there have been, as the first one I have ever played was the demo @ E3.... which I also found and exploited a bug in the demo. It was nothing big, but the producer said she had never seen that one happen before.