Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3168081 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7100 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
Super Mario 65.

EDIT: Or "New Super Mario 64"
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
I personally think that not only should Nintendo have an E3 Press Conference, but they should have evening roundtables every single day of the expo!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: June 01, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
Nintendo should put all their 3DS demos on the eShop. Not just trailers.

I wonder if the Wii's Nintendo Channel and 3DS eShop will show the press conference after E3 is over? The press conference from E3 2011 is still on the Nintendo Channel.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: June 01, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »
How many bit graphics will the Wii U have? SM64 is so named because it was on a 64 bit system, so if the Wii U has like 1024 bit graphics then the game should be called Super Mario 1,024.
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: June 01, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
How many bit graphics will the Wii U have? SM64 is so named because it was on a 64 bit system, so if the Wii U has like 1024 bit graphics then the game should be called Super Mario 1,024.

Nobody does "bits" anymore. It was a pointless term.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7105 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »
Actually...instead of a Super Mario 64 HD...why not make a Super Mario 64 sequel with the Mario 64 game mechanics.  You know the punching, picking up...throwing and such.  They could even make the twirling and tossing, not just a Bowser boss thing, but implement it into the entire game...as well as add some Fire Flower, Cape, Yoshi power ups. 

Of course the Cape would be for flying and adding a 360 spin dash that could like Zelda reflect back attacks.  Yoshi has the ability to eat things and shoot eggs in 3D space...and fireballs can melt ice and bounce on the ground.  I could care less about the other hats, except for Metal Mario....that was pretty awesome. 

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »
Let's just get the eventual "Super Mario 69" joke out of the way.

It's like Conker's Bad Fur Day, but weirder.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Actually...instead of a Super Mario 64 HD...why not make a Super Mario 64 sequel with the Mario 64 game mechanics.  You know the punching, picking up...throwing and such.  They could even make the twirling and tossing, not just a Bowser boss thing, but implement it into the entire game...as well as add some Fire Flower, Cape, Yoshi power ups. 

Of course the Cape would be for flying and adding a 360 spin dash that could like Zelda reflect back attacks.  Yoshi has the ability to eat things and shoot eggs in 3D space...and fireballs can melt ice and bounce on the ground.  I could care less about the other hats, except for Metal Mario....that was pretty awesome. 

I think it's pretty clear at this point that that's not the game EAD Tokyo wants to make, as each of their Mario games has gotten progressively farther away from the Mario 64 style. Add to that the fact that the 3D Marios don't sell anywhere near as well as the 2D ones, and I don't think this kind of game is likely to happen.

If it were to happen, it would likely have to be an outside team doing it, which Nintendo's never done with a mainline Mario game, despite doing it with Zelda several times and at least partially with Metroid Other M.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: June 02, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »

I think it's pretty clear at this point that that's not the game EAD Tokyo wants to make, as each of their Mario games has gotten progressively farther away from the Mario 64 style. Add to that the fact that the 3D Marios don't sell anywhere near as well as the 2D ones, and I don't think this kind of game is likely to happen.

If it were to happen, it would likely have to be an outside team doing it, which Nintendo's never done with a mainline Mario game, despite doing it with Zelda several times and at least partially with Metroid Other M.

Nintendo isn't man enough to make a game that outclasses Super Mario 64? We did have the somewhat ambitious Super Mario Sunshine, but that was just Mario with a water shooter.

Super Mario Galaxy was amazing, but it felt more like a 2D game in 3D, and Super Mario 3D Land feels even more restricted with it's linear level design.

I thought open world games were the future? What's wrong with making a 3D Mario game with a huge world to explore? It could be like GTA or WoW, only set in the Mushroom Kingdom. Nintendo needs to be more ambitious with their game design. Super Mario Galaxy was a good start, but it was too linear for some people.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Achievements for Wii U?
« Reply #7109 on: June 02, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
Achievements?

Seems pretty likely, I would be surprised if there wasn't such a function on Wii U.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7110 on: June 02, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »

HYPE LEVEL IS OVER 9000!!!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: June 02, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
Achievements?

Seems pretty likely, I would be surprised if there wasn't such a function on Wii U.

Hopefully we can either turn them off, or just have the option to not see them pop up.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7112 on: June 02, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
Achievements?

Hopefully we can either turn them off, or just have the option to not see them pop up.
But what if, in turn, they granted you spendable Club Nintendo coins? Would you turn it off then? Or would you push yourself to go after every conceivable thing a dev could think of for you to enjoy the game they made for you?

I'm all too excited about this aspect of the system, as I've loved getting "trophies" on my PS3 for the longest time now. It's fun stuff.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: June 02, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
I think that Nintendo's version of achievements is going to be something more simple than the other systems. I expect something like getting one gold, silver, and bronze star or medal per game. The bronze will be like playing halfway, the silver for beating the game, and the gold for completing it 100%.

Or at least, that is what I was expecting, but if that article has any truth, there may be a bit more to it. In any case, it's definitely going to be different, since that's the way Nintendo operates.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: June 02, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
Achievements?

But what if, in turn, they granted you spendable Club Nintendo coins? Would you turn it off then? Or would you push yourself to go after every conceivable thing a dev could think of for you to enjoy the game they made for you?

I'm all too excited about this aspect of the system, as I've loved getting "trophies" on my PS3 for the longest time now. It's fun stuff.

I would still not want to see the trophy/achievement pop up.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7115 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
So, it's just the aspect of it "popping up" that bothers you? Not necessarily the achievement system itself?

Geeeeeez.... this is a good thing, really!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: June 02, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »
Hahahahaha yup as simple as that.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: June 02, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
Caliban is a man of simple tastes.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: June 02, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »
I think on the PS3 and 360 you can disable the notifications, so that when you get achievements they don't pop up... it also won't tell you if your buddies log in/out or send you messages either.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: June 02, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
If any of the games that Nintendo has made w/ achievement are any indication they'll be some simple ones but there be a whole lot of varied achieves.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Stafox, SSB & F-Zero @ E3?
« Reply #7120 on: June 03, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
http://gamingunwrapped.com/rumor-nintendo-to-show-star-fox-f-zero-and-smash-bros-at-e3/
Nintendo plans to show Star Fox, F-Zero and Super Smash Bros. in some form at E3 this year. It’s not clear whether these will be shown for the 3DS or Wii U and whether what is shown will be art, gameplay or a simple video.

Smash Bros. is expected to atleast have a teaser video
Starfox is rumored (possibly by Platinum Games)
F-Zero has been mention by Miyamoto.

so seems plausible to me.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: June 03, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
I expect each of them and none of them.

Don't know where my post is but I posted this before you haha!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:46:45 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: June 03, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
Nintendo to do lots of dual releases for some of their BIG IP's?
such as NSMB & possibly AC too?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38413320&postcount=11108
Quote from: Shikamaru Ninja
I know a first-party Wii U game in development. Not an obvious one. But something mentioned a few times. Not Mario or Zelda or Pokemon related.

Outside of that you can propose which teams are lined up to release something. I have a pretty good guess of the nature of some of these projects. But there are also some important questions I can not answer.

But. I have mentioned this. And I think it is a very important thing.  Dual releases of several big ips with possible connectivity features. We first heard about it with Smash Bros, now it seems like it is happening with New Super Mario Bros, and it may continue with Animal Crossing and other BIG ips.

Connectivity is back with a vengeance it seems.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:41:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: June 03, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
Wii U Controller will have a 3DS Card Slot in it.  It might not work like a Game Boy Player, but it'll be in there. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: June 03, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
I that a prediction?

That would be nice though as the 3/DS player would be built in and they can sell games to those that don't have the actual system