Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167504 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #2450 on: June 16, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »
Pro deserved to get temp banned for spamming the Nintendo Conference thread. Him and the Hulk. Every board is not the Funhouse.

Second.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 16, 2010, 05:42:59 AM »
I'm still not sure what happened there. Is Hulk a dupe or did they just decide to be goof balls?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 16, 2010, 06:00:27 AM »
I think Hulk was Rabicle.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 16, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Na.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: June 16, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »
Whoever he was, they made me leave the boards and go to the chat during the press conference.  I'm glad they got their temp ban.  While I enjoy Pro's non-invasive trolling, that was blatant and very intrusive.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 17, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
So what do we think about the next Nintendo console possibly including 3D capability? Ian calls Nintendo hypocrites for it.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
So what do we think about the next Nintendo console possibly including 3D capability? Ian calls Nintendo hypocrites for it.

I think we should just keep the discussion to the talkback thread before Ian comes in here and rewords his post :P

I just read the news elsewhere a few mins ago and came here to post it, but I guess NWR beat me to it (GOOD FOR YOU!). I don't know why Ians blowing a gasket, if Nintendo wanted to they'd release the next system with full 3D capabilities even if the adoption rate was low since they'd most likey include an option to TURN IT OFF like they do in the 3DS. Sure maybe it won't be a physical slider on the console itself and probably in a menu.

We already know the Wii Successor is going to be HD, and if Nintendo does decide to go ahead and make a 3D system they will. Those crazy enough to run out and buy a 3D tv just to play it on can spend their money, the rest of us will be happy just playing it on our "old" HDTV [or in my case, standard def haha]. I can really see them just having the Wii Successor ask you at the initial boot-up if you have a 3D television (or possibly even autodetect it, i dunno how this **** works) so that those without 3DTV don't get attacked by a ugly homescreen. That'd be the easiest way to go about it, but they could also just have it boot up in non-3D and have some sort of switch on the Home screen. I picture something akin to the current Wii's homescreen with a big fat button towards the bottom that says "3D" in big bold letters with a small "enable" right above it just so that the less informed consumers don't miss it because they never go into the Wii Settings. You know some rich spoiled brat is gonna see the big 3D button, wonder why it won't work and beg his parents to go out and spend the money on one and they will.

The only other option is if Nintendo started manufacturing their own tv's that'd display 3D without glasses however the hell the 3DS does it.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 17, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
The only other option is if Nintendo started manufacturing their own tv's that'd display 3D without glasses however the hell the 3DS does it.
But with the tech so new and only being manufactured in sizes akin to the 3DS right now, it'll be awhile before they'd even have the option of manufacturing their own glasses-free tvs.  Plus this tech is made more for personal use rather than with multiple people.  Getting it working with multiple people is going to have to be something else.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 17, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
But with the tech so new and only being manufactured in sizes akin to the 3DS right now, it'll be awhile before they'd even have the option of manufacturing their own glasses-free tvs.  Plus this tech is made more for personal use rather than with multiple people.  Getting it working with multiple people is going to have to be something else.

I wasn't serious about that. I should've added "but that'll never happen," sorry.

Even if the tech was cheap enough to produce on a bigger scale and the image be produced from various viewing angles for on-lookers, I would never wan't Nintendo spending the time or money on making Tv's unless their future game plan is to release a specialty TV that displays in 3DHD and comes with an upgradable console built in.

"but that'll never happen" :P
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 17, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »

Well, considering that the GC and the Wii are 3D capable already, I don't see why they wouldn't.
It may look like garage on the GC & Wii due to resolution output or whatever, but it's technically built into the system already, so it seems like a no brainer since the system should be beyond powerful enough.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: June 18, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »
I, honestly, think Nintendo's next console is going to be a beast. Nintendo was understandably conservative this generation. They've been making money on each unit sold from day one. They were in last place and did what they needed to do to keep profits up. With renewed brand trust and consumer confidence, Nintendo should be going after 3rd party support. 3rd parties have made it clear that they want a more powerful console, something that will stay competitive for an entire generation. Gameplay is first, but graphics sell games since it's the first thing people see. Casual gamers may not care, but everyone else does. I think Nintendo understands that and to appeal to everyone, this is the next step. I mean, they'll never launch a $400 console, but $300 may not be a stretch. So, I think we'll see something far more powerful than PS3/360 from Nintendo next generation.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 18, 2010, 02:24:53 AM »
I, honestly, think Nintendo's next console is going to be a beast. Nintendo was understandably conservative this generation. They've been making money on each unit sold from day one. They were in last place and did what they needed to do to keep profits up. With renewed brand trust and consumer confidence, Nintendo should be going after 3rd party support. 3rd parties have made it clear that they want a more powerful console, something that will stay competitive for an entire generation. Gameplay is first, but graphics sell games since it's the first thing people see. Casual gamers may not care, but everyone else does. I think Nintendo understands that and to appeal to everyone, this is the next step. I mean, they'll never launch a $400 console, but $300 may not be a stretch. So, I think we'll see something far more powerful than PS3/360 from Nintendo next generation.

This is what I've been saying from the start.  A Wii 2 will fail.  It's as simple as that.  They need to catch Sony and Microsoft completely off guard and reveal a monster of a system.  Of course, don't go crazy *cough*ps3*cough*.  And give it a traditional controller.  Make it Wiimote compatible sure, but don't focus on it entirely.  The casuals have their console.  Their is no need to give them a new one.  Not yet. 

As you said, they have the prominence to make a difference now.  They aren't the underdog anymore.  They won't be ignored like they would have been in the 64, GC era.  They have the cash, the prominence and most importantly the ability to really attack the "core" market. 

The 3DS appears to be a step in the right direction.  It appears to have a V8 under the bonnet, and produces graphics accordingly.  They need to do this again for the console. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48:48 AM »
3DS & Wii have revived (mostly 3DS though) has revived alot of old properties at this years E3.

So can someone tell me who is Mr. Andonuts and why does he have an office at E3? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sXyaDOBwlA

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: June 18, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »
You guys are crazy to think Nintendo won't follow the path set by Wii.  You're basically asking them to do what Sony did this gen: release a console that completely overshoots the needs of the PS2 fanbase, and reducing them from dominating leader to 3rd place.  3rd parties aren't going to start developing for a new Nintendo console just because "it's a beast".  At best, the 3rd parties will wait until the next console matches 360/PS2 sales, before they fully commit.

Oh, and have you not listened to anything said by Nintendo executives since 2005?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 18, 2010, 04:03:05 AM »
You guys are crazy to think Nintendo won't follow the path set by Wii.  You're basically asking them to do what Sony did this gen: release a console that completely overshoots the needs of the PS2 fanbase, and reducing them from dominating leader to 3rd place.  3rd parties aren't going to start developing for a new Nintendo console just because "it's a beast".  At best, the 3rd parties will wait until the next console matches 360/PS2 sales, before they fully commit.

Oh, and have you not listened to anything said by Nintendo executives since 2005?

I might add that I don't expect them do it.  As much as I hope they would.

And in my above post I made a point of saying "Of course, don't go crazy *cough*ps3*cough*."  It would be the pinnacle of arrogance and stupidity to go the Sony route.  I realize a big beasty system isn't a straight ticket for 3rd party development, but that in conjunction with a traditional controller would be very enticing to 3rd parties. 

As has been discussed many times, while the Wii is currently King of the Hill, it has been lacking in many solid 3rd party titles.  Why?  Because it doesn't have the guts to run them.  That with the Wiimote controls turn them off.  Nintendo should actually be very embarrassed at the current 3rd party situation.  Sure, Sony is in last place thus far, but ironicly enough, they are the ones with a large chunk of quality 3rd party software.  The PS3 and 360 get dead space, the Wii gets a rail shooter spinoff instead.  They get a full on RE5, Wii gets 2 rail shooters instead. 

$100 says that if Nintendo went the grunt route this for the N6, it would pay off.  Just look at the 3DS for example.  It has some grunt and 3rd parties are already flocking to it.  It isn't even out yet and we already have titles like MGS, Ridge Racer, Resident Evil on the horizon. 

I'm not saying Nintendo should up and ignore the casual gamers that Nintendo were targeting with the Wii.  There is no reason they can't take a leaf out of Sony's book and continue to make Wii software like Sony did with the PS2.  That way all the core gamers are happy, and the casuals are happy.

But like I said up top, I'm not expecting them to go this way.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: June 18, 2010, 05:38:20 AM »
3DS & Wii have revived (mostly 3DS though) has revived alot of old properties at this years E3.

So can someone tell me who is Mr. Andonuts and why does he have an office at E3? ;)

I saw that today, since today was the day I did the Zelda demo.  I took about 20 pictures of the door.  Inside, it seemed to connect to a hallway, but I never got a clear view.  Due to my net connection, I'm not about to watch the video, I'll wait until I get home on Saturday, I suppose.  I didn't see any other Nintendo doors with names, but I didn't go look, either.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 18, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »

If there's something Earthbound related at e3 that gets announced for the states I'm going to ejaculate..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:15:11 AM by EasyCure »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »
what i read at first
If there's something earthbound related at e3 that gets announced for the states I'm going to be ecstatic

what you actually said
If there's something earthbound related at e3 that gets announced for the states I'm going to ejaculate..
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 18, 2010, 07:57:46 AM »
Re: the Wii 2 - I think Nintendo has no real reason to do anything in the home console market.  They should concentrate all their fire power on the 3DS and become a single-pillar company so to speak.  I mean, the 3DS is as powerful as a home console but is so much more flexible.

If Ninty DOES come out with a Wii 2 it will have to do something really radically different, since right now with Kinect and Move the other consoles are now already over powered Wii HDs, and looking at the Kinect launch line-up we can see where that path leads.  Me, I don't need four dance games a year, I just want 3D Metroid Prime and Zelda.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 18, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »

what i read at first
If there's something earthbound related at e3 that gets announced for the states I'm going to be ecstatic

what you actually said
If there's something earthbound related at e3 that gets announced for the states I'm going to ejaculate..

Can't it be both?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 18, 2010, 12:44:16 PM »

I think this is a complete fantasy.  I don't think Nintendo cares about third party support.  All they care about is if they make a profit off of their own products.  They SHOULD care because they get a cut out of every third party title but I don't think that matters to them.  Nintendo systems exists to sell Nintendo products and anything else is a bonus.  They will only go nuts on hardware if THEY want it to be that way for their own games.

As for appealing to everyone, Nintendo thinks that appealing to everyone means making a game that everyone can enjoy.  They see Wii Sports as an everyone game because everyone can play it.  In their mind a casual console is a console for everyone.  They don't get the idea of having five games and making each one for a different audience.  They think all five games should be suitable for all five audiences.  That's why they've never truly embraced mature games.  An 'M' rating limits who can play the game.  They want everyone to be able to play their games.  Every game must have mass appeal.  They seem legitimately bothered about games that only appeal to a specific demographic.

The Wii follow-up will be like the Wii.  They'll probably up the hardware to match the PS3 and X360 but they won't go higher and the focus will be on some new controller gimmick that they hope will have mass appeal.  Expect nothing more and MAYBE we'll get lucky.  But I don't expect things to change.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 18, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
I, honestly, think Nintendo's next console is going to be a beast.

I can't believe it. 

One of Nintendo's biggest reasons for making the Wii what it is was because the cost to develop games is skyrocketing.  They were 100% right.  Nintendo realises this far more than Sony and MS because they are the biggest software producer and seller.  The cost of making game is incredibly important to them.

Making the system super powerful would throw away the biggest lesson everyone should have learned from the Wii.  Cutting edge graphics are not important and not even really desirable.  Even as a game buyer I don't want them because the games take longer to come out.

I eventually expect a system that is to the ps3/xbox what the Wii is to the Gamecube.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 18, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »
Every game must have mass appeal.  They seem legitimately bothered about games that only appeal to a specific demographic.

says hi.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »

I, honestly, think Nintendo's next console is going to be a beast.

I can't believe it. 

One of Nintendo's biggest reasons for making the Wii what it is was because the cost to develop games is skyrocketing.  They were 100% right.  Nintendo realises this far more than Sony and MS because they are the biggest software producer and seller.  The cost of making game is incredibly important to them.

Making the system super powerful would throw away the biggest lesson everyone should have learned from the Wii.  Cutting edge graphics are not important and not even really desirable.  Even as a game buyer I don't want them because the games take longer to come out.

I eventually expect a system that is to the ps3/xbox what the Wii is to the Gamecube.

Those graphics aren't expensive because they're new, though. They're expensive and time-consuming because of how much effort goes into that level of detail. Even if Nintendo just makes something at the same level as the 360 and PS3, games that use that power will take just as long and be just as expensive as they are right now on those platforms.

That's a bullshit argument for why Nintendo made the Wii the way they did, anyway; if they could have made a console on the same technical level as Microsoft and Sony and sold it at the price they wanted and made a profit on it they wouldn't have thought twice about doing it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 18, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure that by next gen, graphics won't really matter. I mean, what's else is there to do graphics wise?

Saying that, I bet that the Wii2 will be on par with the 360/PS3 of now and be a bit inferior to the 720/PS4, except being a familiar and easy to develop for system with a familiar GC/Wii arquitecture (spelling?). That familiarity will save the time and money they want to save, with the power to do basically anything they (any developer) needs.

Focusing on the online experience seems like a better area to focus on though.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: