Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3167574 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1650 on: November 02, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
Which means all currently released games would look worse when upscaled?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 02, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »
nope. some would actually look alot better.
did you follow the link to the WiiHD emulation thread?

Do you have a HDTV and an upscaling DVD player?
more often than not everything looks better.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 02, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
I don't have an HDTV or a DVD player but I do record games onto my PC. Some look better, some look worse, some look the same. But, I've heard horror stories about how some televisions have a delayed image when upscaling, which is fine for movies but terrible for games, so would the system be able to upscale games without causing any delays whatsoever? Even a delay of a fraction of a second could ruin some games.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
I don't get why EasyCure is laughing about the ease of making better looking textures. Just look at how terrible Metroid Prime looks on the MP Trilogy (especially Samus' suit), the art direction is fantastic - but the execution, at least at times, is not. Making ugly textures like that to begin with will only provide for equally ugly textures when the next Wii is finally released. Recording games on  your PC isn't going to make them look any better, either. And, of course the system could upscale the image without any delay whatsoever, any time you hear about lag, it's due to the television, not the source. Playing a 360 game at 1080p or even 1080i (and often 720p) almost always makes use of upscaling, and there is no lag or delay introduced, mainly because the 360 has a hardware scaler (as the PS3 does not, which is why you'll find many games that will not run higher than 720p).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 03, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »
I don't get why EasyCure is laughing about the ease of making better looking textures.

Take a close look at my post and what was quoted, here i'll make it easier for you:

It wouldn't require any extra work for the textures to look good when upscaled.
Developers would just need to make good looking textures to begin with and stop being lazy.

LMFAO

No seriously, LOL

HAHAHAHAHA

Nope, still funny *giggles*

Remember, we're talking about Wii here. And aside from Nintendo and a few rare occasions, what other devs are putting any real effort into making wii games with good textures?

Maybe i'm just the only one who finds the thought of devs NOT being lazy on wii funny. sue me.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 03, 2009, 11:52:51 PM »
Miyamoto is going to make Nintencats DS
Nintendo will be putting the full force of its marketing efforts behind Dragon Quest IX when the role-playing game is released in America and Europe, the company has said.

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto has a cat now. Keep reading to find out the connection between these pieces of news.

At a Q&A session last week following the company’s financial results briefing, Nintendo exec Shinji Hatano said that it wants the Dragon Quest series to succeed in overseas territories, and that the companies believe the games should be selling much better than they are.

Dragon Quest, though very popular in Japan, has not traditionally sold well outside its home country.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata first announced this initiative last year, at a press event announcing the release date for Dragon Quest IX in Japan. There, he said that Nintendo and Square Enix would “tag team” to increase the visibility and success of the series in the U.S.

Hatano said that helping to sell Dragon Quest IX outside Japan is part of a larger effort on the part of Nintendo to partner with software makers to sell their games for Nintendo hardware. He mentioned Professor Layton and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games as two other examples.

At the same Q&A event, in response to a question about what sort of game he is currently thinking about making, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto said that Dragon Quest IX’s “passerby communication mode” makes him want to create a similar style of game that is played outside of the home.

“Dragon Quest IX’s passerby communication has caused the number of people walking around outside using their DS systems to increase greatly, and I’m thinking that I could probably make something unique like that,” he said.

“Also, recently we got a cat,” he added immediately after.

From all this, we can infer that not only is Dragon Quest IX definitely coming to the U.S. and Europe, but also maybe Nintencats, regardless of what he might have said earlier this month.

We all know that Miyamoto likes to base games off of things he is currently doing in life.
I think we can all agree on what game is next ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:57:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 04, 2009, 12:22:46 AM »
Sorry, didn't notice developers was bolded as well. Now I'm with you.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 04, 2009, 02:40:35 AM »
Didn't Miyamoto placed on a gag order by Nintendo from talking about his personal life since that is where he thinks up his new game ideas? Or does that only relate to his hobbies?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 04, 2009, 03:23:13 AM »
Miyamoto is the one that said it.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
Someone should just spy on the motherfucker.

I'm looking at you, Sony.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
I mean Nintendo placed a gag order on him. I remember reading about it back during E3. He wasn't allowed to talk tot he press about his hobbies and personal life or something since a lot of his game ideas come out of it.

I remember a lot of the forum-goers here laughing at it because who could have stolen the idea of Pikmin from Miyamoto talking about his love for gardening. Am I the only one who remembers this?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 04, 2009, 01:59:12 PM »
You should laugh. Let the copiers copy, that's what they do. It's all about how it's executed that counts, but I also understand not wanting to be beaten to market by a similar game that could spoil your superior execution of the same/similar idea.

I still laugh at the though of Miyamoto being worried that people were gonna copy the water pack from Mario Sunshine so he tried to keep that aspect of the game secret. LOL

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 04, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
Didn't we finally get a game that copied that water pack this gen?

I'm actually surprised it didn't happen more than that.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 04, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »
There was a game that parodied it last gen, not sure about this gen, but the idea wasn't very fun, so why would it get copied?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 04, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »
Although Nintendcats would be a logical pseudo-sequel to Nintendogs, I hope that this breeds something more creative. Like how Pikmin was inspired by gardening instead of a gardening simulator.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 04, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
return of catroots maybe?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:22:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 04, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
I'm actually not sure if that's really a Nintendo 64 game because it looks a bit better than what the N64 could muster. But then again, it was a late release so perhaps they figured out how to optimize performance.

It's a shame there were so many canceled N64 products in 2000-2001...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 04, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
Sorry, didn't notice developers was bolded as well. Now I'm with you.

It's cool, **** happens.

Didn't Miyamoto placed on a gag order by Nintendo from talking about his personal life since that is where he thinks up his new game ideas? Or does that only relate to his hobbies?

I'm glad he doesn't go around talking about how much he loves masturbating, there'd be some god awful games...

Someone should just spy on the motherfucker.

I'm looking at you, Sony.

NO.

Then we'd get the kinda games I was just joking about.

-Sony spies on Miyamoto
-Miyamoto seen picking his nose
-Sony creates nose picking game with eyetoy + discostick
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:14 AM »

Quote from: gamerbytes.com
In today's gift from the German USK rating system it has revealed that the Phoenix Wright might be on its way to WiiWare (or retail?)

If you're out of the loop, Phoenix Wright is a fantastic point and click adventure game that has previously been on the GBA and Nintendo DS. The German USK rating system now suggests that the original game is also coming to the Wii.
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/11/phoenix_wright_ace_attourney_c.php

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 05, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »
Why does it have to be the original game and not a new one? Yet more 'Wii-makes'? :/
My Game Collection

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 05, 2009, 03:42:16 AM »
Eh, it's probably a port of the ones they released on PC a while back.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 05, 2009, 03:47:28 AM »
There were PC versions?!?
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 05, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
Why does it have to be the original game and not a new one? Yet more 'Wii-makes'? :/

I'm with ya on this sentiment. I got into the PW games much later than anyone here, so this still has me excited. Imagine having to thrust your arm out in order to call "OBJECTION!"

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 05, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
The Phoenix Wright game is a Wii-make?  Is that confirmed?  If so... **** Capcom.  And maybe it'll be new, but as an on-rails shooter.  Seriously that is hardly parody these days.  Wii third parties are so predictable in how they screw us.

As for Nintencats, it's such an obvious follow-up to Nintendogs that that idea has already been done.  Isn't there already a Catz game?  So maybe Nintendo is letting Miyamoto talk about this since no one could steal an idea that isn't new.

I never had any interest in Nintendogs, partially because I'm not a complete sissy, but also because I'm more of a cat person.  But I have a cat so playing with a virtual cat seems pointless.  Why not spend that time giving attention to my REAL cat?  But I guess this logic would apply to Nintendogs as well.  Did people who own dogs buy it or was the target market people who want a dog but for whatever reason can't have one?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1674 on: November 05, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »
A proper Phoenix Wright game would be a Punch-Out variant involving waggle-OBJECTION FINGER.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.