Author Topic: 2 versions of Zelda?  (Read 8178 times)

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: 2 versions of Zelda?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 05:05:43 PM »
Wait wait wait.  They never said the GC version wouldn't have the advancements when played on Wii.  They only said there would be "two versions."  What that could mean, is that they have two different packages for it, one for GCN one for Wii.  It's hopeful, but hey, it's possible.  Also, didn't they say there would be two versions of it a long time ago?  A regular, and a special edition?  Doesn't that still fall in line, or did I miss something?

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »
hahaha

I'm fine with the deal...  not like I can say I'm surprised

Originally posted by: Shecky
The delay is because the game wasn't finished, that's what mantidor is saying and is what I've also expressed and agree with.

All of you can keep wishfully thinking that you'll essentially get two games for the price of one.  Tell me why it is not in Nintendo best interest to release TP and then release a different title for the REV - likely using a slightly modified engine in roughly a year.  You'd have two distinct and bona fide titles because the REV title could make use of the "REVmote" in ways that could provide a unique and intuitive experience not easily translated to a gamecube controller.

source

I'd be happy for a slight discount when I buy both, but won't bother me if there isn't one...

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 05:21:19 PM »
I hate you

You know, the usual complain of the remote is that it was going to be used to replace buttons for gestures, we can argue endlessly if this applies to red steel, mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 etc etc etc and never came to an agreement, but with the Zelda theres no argument, the proof is right there, the implementation is just replacing buttons for gestures, we know this because the GC version exists.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »
mantidor:  well it will be interesting to see how much they tweaked/changed to compensate for the game play differences.  It's certainly not as much as they could have done if designing it for Wii from the get go.  More enemies b/c you can aim easier?  Stuff like that.  This Wii version was a "get it out there" version just to capitalize on the title, and it looks like they did a good job.  I'm happy they put some thought into it, came up with some clever mappings and made it fun... it could have been much worse.

As for the other games, everyone is going to have a control preference....  that's why you can argue all day about "red steel, mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 etc etc ".

In example, Excite Truck... I just picture disliking the controls (although I will try it for a fair bit before passing judgement).  Reason being that I've basically trained hard *not* to move the controller to control vehicles in games.  It's a classic "hey that kid is tilting the controller to try and steer!"  I've seen plenty of kids do it, and I probably did it too.  So trying to go against all that may make it uncomfortable for me... but for that kid, it could make his day!  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »
I won't judge the control scheme from TP - it was just a business decision. I'll wait for the real Wii Zelda for that..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:2 versions of Zelda?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
Never Happening.

I REALLY want to see this on the GC only, as Nintendo has said time and time again that it would be.  Extras I don't mind, but two versions of the game?  Don't think so.  I never understood why people wanted it that way anyway, I wouldn't want my Rev Zelda game to come out at launch, Zelda games are never launch titles.  Boourns.

I agree completely.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 11:32:49 PM »
Thirded

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 06:03:30 AM »
Ahahaha I did get owned.

But I've changed my mind since the Wii version will be better  Also, without Galaxy OR Corruption for lunch, I need SOMETHING.  Zelda?  Sure!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:2 versions of Zelda?
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 09:24:11 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
Ahahaha I did get owned.

But I've changed my mind since the Wii version will be better  Also, without Galaxy OR Corruption for lunch, I need SOMETHING.  Zelda?  Sure!

so you're going to eat a perfectly good copy of Twilight Princess???

then again, i'd eat zelda too if given the chance
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 10:48:22 AM »
In the words of Cleveland:

"Thaaaaaaat's naaaaaaaaaaaaasty"
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 10:59:59 AM »
your band for not lunching
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY