Author Topic: 2-3 times powerful  (Read 40239 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: 2-3 times powerful
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2006, 09:03:46 AM »
I'll mention I believe the SNES was more significant overall than the Genesis since it appears to me the SNES library shaped future game development the most in Japan.  Consider what lived on after the 16-bit era, what genres/franchises thrived in the PSX/N64 years, and what survived to be around today.  I SNES-library offspring all throughout.

But I might not even be half-right about this.  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:30 AM »
either way  revoluton will  be more powerful then either sega genesis or snes
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »
That's wonderful news, perm.

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2006, 02:35:21 PM »
*head explodes*
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:2-3 times powerful
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2006, 09:02:13 PM »

'll mention I believe the SNES was more significant overall than the Genesis since it appears to me the SNES library shaped future game development the most in Japan. Consider what lived on after the 16-bit era, what genres/franchises thrived in the PSX/N64 years, and what survived to be around today. I SNES-library offspring all throughout.

You are correct.  The Genesis turned out to be the stop gap console while people waited for the SNES.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »
who the hell hijacked this thread? I guess it wasn't really good to begin with, but jeez...  
I'll shut up now...

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 09:00:01 AM »
"BUt heres one for ya to think about, even back then SNES came out almost 3 years AFTER Genesis,a nd it was ONLY slightly better, graphicaly tehre were too close most of the time, colors not withstanding Genesis still had comparable sprite and animation capabilities"

The SNES released in America on September 9th, 1991

The Genesis on the other hand was released in America in August 1989.  As you can see, that's only 2 years difference.  Please check the facts before arguing a point.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
I still play my SNES my Genesis broke a long time ago... SNES wins.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »
My SNES still works and the bottom half has a lovely shade of spinnach green.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2006, 05:09:34 AM »
but ages its Iw asnt talkin when they wre released but whent hey were desgined, Genesis came out in late 87 in Japane, tahst when it was FINSIHED. SNES came out latew 91, almost 3 years later, I DID check the facts, you just twisted them.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2006, 05:37:59 AM »
Reason why genesis was good -> Treasure
Reason why genesis sucked -> Everything else

Reasons why snes was great -> Nintendo, Capcom(they were technically exclusive 3rd party at the time only linsencing a few games to the genesis)  
                                                   Rare, and Square
Reasons why it sucked -> No "Blazin" Proscessor

seriously the genesis was terrible, it lost in all territories, even in japan it was third to the turbo fx 16, the only good thing to come from sega IS treasure, i'm convinced of that, as i hate most sega games, Phantasy star sucks, sonic sucks, and most things they make just bore me, and you can't compare SF2 for the genesis and snes, because the snes is the more capable system, it was released later and was superior (minus the "blazin" processor)  

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 10:42:27 AM »
dont you mean "blast" processing?

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »
So umgetting back on topic a little bit, hasn't Nintendo reps already confimded that the Revolution isn't going to be as powerful as the others or was it still all speculation? I am still gathering info for my FAQ anbd thats one area I am not finding a whole lot of info on.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »
Well, there have been a lot of equivocal statements made by Nintendo, but no official specs have been released. They've said everything from "specs don't matter" to "it's not what the specs look like on paper, it's what you do with them" to "we might never release Revolution specs, since we don't believe they are significant"

IGN did a feature SPECulating the Revolution hardware, but that's hardly conclusive..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »

Originally posted by: animecyberrat
but ages its Iw asnt talkin when they wre released but whent hey were desgined, Genesis came out in late 87 in Japane, tahst when it was FINSIHED. SNES came out latew 91, almost 3 years later, I DID check the facts, you just twisted them.

Well you should state what you were talking about.

"BUt heres one for ya to think about, even back then SNES came out almost 3 years AFTER Genesis,a nd it was ONLY slightly better, graphicaly tehre were too close most of the time, colors not withstanding Genesis still had comparable sprite and animation capabilities."

Nothing in that sentence suggests discussion of the design of the systems.  You specifically said "CAME OUT" hence, released.  Also, you should let others know you're discussing a Japanese release rather than an American release.

Nevertheless, the Mega Drive was released in Japan on October 29th, 1988 according to Wikipedia.com.  Thus, still two years earlier than the Super Famicom, which was released on November 21th, 1990.  Please don't discuss twisting facts if you bring up the Japanese release of a system, while the American release is implyed within the entire discussion.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Amodaus1
Reason why genesis was good -> Treasure
Reason why genesis sucked -> Everything else

Reasons why snes was great -> Nintendo, Capcom(they were technically exclusive 3rd party at the time only linsencing a few games to the genesis)  
                                                   Rare, and Square
Reasons why it sucked -> No "Blazin" Proscessor

seriously the genesis was terrible, it lost in all territories, even in japan it was third to the turbo fx 16, the only good thing to come from sega IS treasure, i'm convinced of that, as i hate most sega games, Phantasy star sucks, sonic sucks, and most things they make just bore me, and you can't compare SF2 for the genesis and snes, because the snes is the more capable system, it was released later and was superior (minus the "blazin" processor)

If the Genesis was so terrible explain why Sega (until recently) had nearly as much clout in the gaming world as Nintendo?  Why were the two companies compared against each other so often?  Why does Biggie mention both the SNES and Genesis in "Juicy" if it was not an icon along with the SNES?  Why is the Genesis the only system besides the SNES the average person can name that was released during the late 80's/early 90's?

Sega didnt make Treasure.  Treasure came to be from a bunch of pissed off Konami programmers that decided to leave.  Notice how you're entire argument is based around YOUR opinion.  You're opinion is not fact unless it is shared by the general concensus.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »
Sega did first what Sony and Microsoft did better. It engaged in mudslinging (comparing Mario Kart, MARIO KART OF ALL GAMES, to an old beat down jalopy and it's own games to luxury sports cars), positioned itself as a more "adult" system and angled for a hipper, more modern look than Nintendo's franchises.

~Carmine Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline attackslug

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2006, 07:36:10 PM »
good lord, I remember how Sega's main advertising strategy was to pick on Nintendo.  if I recall, some of their ads came out and directly said that Nintendo's systems were inferior graphically (Genesis vs NES, Gamegear vs Gameboy), in terms of "edginess", and eventually that theirs was a far better system because games were cheaper.  Even as a kid that owned neither companies' system, I thought the mudslinging seemed like a fairly desperate attempt.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2006, 08:05:15 PM »
Remember when Crash Bandicoot would harrass Nintendo?  

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2006, 05:30:22 AM »
edit becaus ei dont want to start anymore flames.

Offline Kutza

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2007, 05:09:05 PM »

Originally posted by: animecyberrat
edit becaus ei dont want to start anymore flames.

An edit and you still can't type correctly *blinks*. Usually an edit FIXES grammar/spelling problems. Might I recommend Firefox and it's built in spell checker. Then again you're so far off, it probably wont recognize it anywho.

And just remind me, what company does Sega now develop for ? Even Sega realized their inferiority when their company TANKED.  
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »
Is there any reason why you bumped this thread?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
VEDETTA!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2007, 07:43:11 PM »
>>Nothing in that sentence suggests discussion of the design of the systems. You specifically said "CAME OUT" hence, released. Also, you should let others know you're discussing a Japanese release rather than an American release<<

This was about the time I got banned originally so I never got to reply to this. Anyways it was stupid of AGES to argue the american release had any signifcance because the HARDWARE specs were already finalised by then so my point still stands.

But I have learned to remain calm since then so I hope I dont stray off track too much.

And for the last fu**ing time get off the spelling. Geez all the damn complainin some people do over spelling and sh*t. Seriously I try  by damn best and I type slower now than I used to so back the eff off.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2007, 11:27:56 PM »
Anyone who thought the Genesis was better than the Snes had some big time inferiority complex.  Or console envy.  And Sega's ads played upon this fact.  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates