Author Topic: Zelda: OoT/MQ Help Thread  (Read 11398 times)

Offline Chrono

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda: OoT/MQ Help Thread
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:11:11 PM »
I feel like a spaz asking for help in the Deku Tree(first level), but I cant figure out how to lower the water in the room with the rolling spike. There was a switch underwater in OoT, but it's not there in MQ. What do I do?!?    

Offline KingArthur

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 05:04:54 PM »
u roll under the bar (you know my pressing up and hitting a ) i was stuck their for about 15min. and dont worry youll likely get stuck a couple times in dondongo caves too

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 06:33:56 PM »
...or you can just hold your shield button and you'll be low enough to miss the bar.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 10:51:13 PM »
I was stuck for a few minutes trying to backflip over it like I always did in the original game. lol
AC name: Kimchi
AC town: Kakariko

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 11:53:38 AM »
I'm not sure if the song is the same or different depending on how you do it, but the song that worked for me to get the second heart container piece from the singing frogs is (A) LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, (A), DOWN, (A), DOWN RIGHT, LEFT, (A).  You also have to be quick, if you pause too long then you will have to start over.  You get to this part after playing the major songs to get them big.  The Song of Storms gives you the first heart piece, but doesn't it make one of the frogs grow big.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 10:11:10 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about...I just played the normal songs from the list and then later I believe you have to follow their pattern.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 11:36:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
I have no idea what you're talking about...I just played the normal songs from the list and then later I believe you have to follow their pattern.

The normal songs make them big, (Saria, Epona, Sun, Time, Zelda), the Song of Storms gives you the first heart piece but does not make one of the frogs grow.
(A) LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN, (A), DOWN, (A), DOWN RIGHT, LEFT, (A). is the pattern that worked for me to get the second heart piece from the frogs.  And I am playing the Master Quest version, if that makes a difference.  But what I posted before is the pattern to follow using the ocarina after making all of the frogs grow big and to then help them in their bug-eating game.

And as I said you don't have forever to follow their pattern, you have to get it all done as quickly as possible or they will jump back in and you will have to start over again.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 05:43:55 PM »
I was playing through Master Quest and it inspired me to try and go back through the desert as a child again. I tried before but didn't have any luck. Today i tried again and got as far as the sand river. Anybody have any tips on getting past it?

I tried going to the far right to where the river ends. If i go to far i get lost so i tried side-jumping over it. I think i got to the other side but then it makes the you fell into a pit noise and i restart.

Thanks!  
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 05:23:48 PM »
I am stuck in dodongo cavern. i seriously feel like a tard. I have opened the 3 doors that I can get to. I know I need to get the lantern lit to open the door, then I can blow the skull's mouth open (at least that's how i remember it). But i cant figure out how to open the barred door or how to blow open the 1st door on the right when you enter. Am I the only person stumped by this?

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2003, 06:48:46 PM »
A good thing to keep in mind in Master Quest is that a lot of the times you must play through a dungeon completely differently to how it was in OoT.  You must take different routes through the dungeons, do different things to open new paths, etc.
There was another person who posted in the OoT/MQ discussion thread in Hylian Legends with the same problem that you have.  Try blowing up things in your reach with bomb flowers--and not only doors.    d(^_-)

Offline bassplayer323

• View Profile
Zelda: OoT:Master Quest Help Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 12:07:37 PM »
Does anyone know how to get the sinking lure in OoT or OoT: Master quest? I've been looking for it in masterquest but i can't find it and i forgot how to get it in the original.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Offline AManatee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 06:14:59 AM »
How you got the sinking lure in ocarina of time was you just walked around teh tiny streamt that is flowing into the pond. Keep looking, you should find it, they didnt mess with anything outside of the dungeons in Master Quest. (I could be wrong, but nothing so far)

I HAVE A QUESTION!!

In master quest, how the crap do you get anywhere in the Ice Cavern. When you first get in there, you go past the rolling boulders, and then theres the 2 spder dudes, and an ice blower guy... heeh, cool descriptions... anyway, after i kill them, what do i do then? There is a door too high for me to reach to the left, and the one ahead of me is blocked by white transparent blocks. So whats up with that? Please help, i've been havin such a blast with this game.
"Gimme gimme gimme. I need, I need."

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 11:50:04 AM »
Some of those icicles look a little strange...especially around the entrance...
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2003, 01:59:06 PM »
One thing I found odd about Master Quest was when I caught a 20 pound fish, it was reported as being MORE than 20 pounds, but the scale couldnt'go any higher...  I didn't remember ever catching a fish that big in OoT.  The fish was simply massive though.  It took me like 5 minutes to reel it in.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2003, 06:05:29 PM »
I just played the Ice Cavern earlier today.  If I remember correctly, after killing the Tektites and Freezard (the things you described) there should be a crystal-like switch somewhere in the room that makes the ice-ish barrier disappear.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 05:42:33 PM »
fire temple help.

i am in the main entry room, stairs infront, wall of fire at the base of stairs.
one fire lit in a mouth at top in a statue, two without fires.
two torch things as well halfway up the stairs.
i have tried about every combination i can think of to light all the things in this room and withoutthe hammer i can not get rid of the blocks on the top right either.
any help would be more then appriciated.
thanx

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 08:12:12 AM »
Try using Din's Fire. :-)

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2003, 05:16:19 PM »
would try it if i had it but i don't have it yet.

should i? if so somehow i forgot over the years were that is...

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2003, 06:28:01 PM »
Get it in front of Hyrule Castle as a kid.  (bomb a rock thingy and crawl in a hole)
They seem to make more things necessary in Master Quest.  You might also want to get a Scarecrow's Song ready for later temples.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2003, 09:59:14 PM »
thank you very much, i remembered wrong, i had thought i needed the hammer for that rock , thanx again

Offline Del3030

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2003, 10:14:11 AM »
Does anyone know where Talon is as an adult? I need to wake him up with the super cuko i got from the cuko lady.

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2003, 03:03:03 PM »
He's rooming with some people in Kakariko village.  Go forward from the entrance of the village and the house will be on your left, next to the stairs that lead to the north area of the village.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2003, 04:52:21 PM »
To get free Lon Lon Milk, try playing Epona's Song in front of the cows at Lon Lon Ranch. I figured that out on accident when I wondered what the cows were there for. Dumb luck, I guess. BTW, those cows in Jabu-Jabu's Belly gave me the willies. At first I thought I was playing Earthworm Jim or something. wooh...
DON'T PANIC:
If you suffer from overactivity and are rather hyper, repeatedly press one.
If you are indecisive and need someone else to do stuff for you, get a friend to press two.
If you have schitzophrenia and any other multi-personality diseases, press three, four, five, six, seven, and

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2003, 04:09:53 AM »
i feel stupid asking this but i'm stuck on dodongo's cavern in master quest. i thought i'd done everything, but i cant get the dragon's mouth to open. theres no bomb flowers close enough to throw in his eyes, am i supposed to have a bomb bag yet?  any help would be great...  i feel so dumb, just can't remember what i did way back when i had it for 64

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2003, 05:40:41 AM »
i got stuck at that same spot for a minute too.

there is a bomb up top by that sign,  you can drop it down  a level and open that door that  is still shut below.

i am now stuck as adult link in the fire temple, i have done all but still yet can find the damn boss key....

anyone know where it is>?

last thing i did  brought me back to where i knocked the piller down with the hammer to the floor way below and it made a brown block appear  by a ledge were i had already been inside.
i even used the blue blocks and jumped over the fire to be stuck inbetween flame areas and use the other blue block to get back over.

any help?