Author Topic: NSO November 2023! (AKA Not Another Forum Event!)  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
NSO November 2023! (AKA Not Another Forum Event!)
« on: November 04, 2023, 06:09:54 PM »
So, I've had this kicking around in my head from early this year and I've decided to throw it out there and see what the response is. Having jumped into the upgraded Online Switch plan late last year to get the N64, GBA, Genesis offerings, I started taking some time at the start of the year to make an effort to get through some of the games being offered. I don't know what it's like for you but after spending some time on the SNES app when it was first growing, I petered off from it a bit and now there's so many titles on these various apps and I feel I've gotten through very few of them.

Curious to find out how much the community has dug into these apps and how much they've played and how much they have yet to play. Perhaps a focus could be made by other NWR Forum users to try and play through some of the titles to mark some progress for the apps. As well, too, this may be a chance to try and meet up with others to also do some multi-player with those games. Pokepal148 mentioned wanting to do 4 player online for Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and I'll admit I'm game to play the game that way as I've never been able to do any multiplayer with that or other GBA games before. Curious to see if it would make the game better. Likewise others may have games they'd like to try some multiplayer action with on these apps. (I'd also like to do some Mario Party from the 64 app particularly with MP3 now available.)

Although, with the recent announcement of the Wii U and 3DS online multiplayer facinf termination in a few short months, I'm willing to extend beyond the scope of the NSO titles to include those game libraries if people want to accomplish some multiplayer action there before the door closes. Perhaps you've had your mind of getting through Tri Force Heroes or Federation Force or maybe you'd just like to do some original Splatoon multiplayer for one last time. The floor is open. Just post in here what you'd like to play and hopefully others will be able to let you know about joining up to help you play that. Or if you want to be a lone wolf and just tackle a few games yourself then mention what you're playing and any thoughts you'd like to share about games on the app.

The Community Event Train don't stop!! Woo-WOOOOO!!  8)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: NSO November 2023! (AKA Not Another Forum Event!)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 04:25:24 PM »
I only have the basic NSO and have played very little of it. Khush and I played through a handful of games some time ago and it was fun. I am definitely up for doing more of that with folks.
I am interested in playing a few of the games solo as well. I started Mario Land and plan to finish that so hopefully this will motivate me to do that.
I am up for playing some online Wii U before that goes away. check my backloggery to see what I have there.
You can message me here or in Discord.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 01:15:45 PM »
I'm always up for some online games! When I have the time at least... matching up my schedule with someone else's could be tricky, especially several someone else's.

I have the expanded NSO catalogue so I'd be down for any of it. I've played N64 the most, but would still be willing to join any group for that since it's full of fun multiplayer titles. I've already played through Kirby & The Amazing Mirror with my friends, but it's a fun enough game that I'd join an NWR outing. I've played a lot of the games from the other system apps as well, but would still be willing to jump in and give someone a hand with a game.

I should probably try to be a presence on the NWR Discord but I dunno... things just move so quickly there, I can't keep up! It kind of feels like the people there just sit in there 24/7, which isn't something I would want to do even if I had the time. It's very easy to miss something and have something get buried before I'd even see it.

Offline nnoceart

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:40:56 AM »
I adore playing Mario games by Nintendo. I enjoy their inventive games, which range from traditional to modern styles. Pikachu games are also interesting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 12:01:55 PM »
I've been playing Pokemon TCG. Fun blast from the past. I only played a rom of this back in the day.

I'd love to play some of these games online if we can sync up schedules.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 07:52:29 PM »
I really wanna do Amazing Mirror with some peeps.