Author Topic: Nintendo of America Releases Details of November NPD  (Read 9280 times)

Offline Maximilian

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo of America Releases Details of November NPD
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »
 It's interesting they're backing down on the reported number of Wiis available.  Weirdsville.  I hadn't heard anything about the strap issue till last weekend, so that may be one reason.  

There's no denying that the Wii is hot this holiday.  Everyone I've shown it to has become a convert and many of them now want a system of their own.  Unfortunately, I've heard numerous times that people aren't able to find one, no matter where they go or how hard they try.  

At least people aren't getting killed over Wiis

Offline Klapaucius

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo of America Releases Details of November NPD
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »

The data also reveals that the Wii title The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess achieved sales of 412,000, representing 87 percent of all Wii purchasers, the highest industry rate of sale for any launch title since introduction of Super Mario® 64 with the Nintendo® 64 a decade ago.

Once again Nintendo breaks its own records and still remains number one. Kinda like beating your personal best when that just happens to be the World Record...

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
Guess they won't make the 4 million World Wide mark.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Klapaucius

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 03:54:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Maximilian
It's interesting they're backing down on the reported number of Wiis available.  Weirdsville.  I hadn't heard anything about the strap issue till last weekend, so that may be one reason.  

There's no denying that the Wii is hot this holiday.  Everyone I've shown it to has become a convert and many of them now want a system of their own.  Unfortunately, I've heard numerous times that people aren't able to find one, no matter where they go or how hard they try.  

At least people aren't getting killed over Wiis

Well that's because Wiis aren't worth as much. :P
(money-wise I mean, Wiis are much cheaper)
Not to mention none around to get all shooty over.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 04:39:04 AM »
Well if you are paying attention to ebay prices, Wiis are starting to overtake the PS3 in profits. On a Wii you can usually get 200$ profit, now you are lucky to get that much with the PS3.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2006, 10:46:32 AM »

The woman in my office who I convinced to get a Wii for her husband is still not having any luck. Each day that new shipments come into Future Shop or Best Buy, she says there are lines multiple times longer than the size of that week's shipments already there
I'm in the same boat - I've been calling around everywhere, and the one day that many stores get sizeable shipments, I don't call and it gets sold out again..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Tuxedo.Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
LOL at 1 million Wiis available in US by year's end - that's 3 million less than promised. I'm beginning to feel less bad about talking down pre-ordering, there WAS a shortage and there was no way to see it coming based on Nintendo's optimism.

So you are telling us you actually believed the PR Nintendo was feeding down your throat?

How dumb are you anyway?

JUST KIDDING.

Kinda...

<_< >_> -_-

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 05:58:05 AM »
The best part is Evan's title is PR Coordinator.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!