Author Topic: Fire Emblem 10  (Read 36087 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
I just finished Path of Radiance this past weekend.  While it was awesome, I wish they'd wait a little longer with this.
Blasphemy!  I'm currently on my second playthrough of FE7 (Hector Mode).  I'm about to start FE6.  And I'd really like to replay FE9, but I know I won't be able to finish the 40+ hour game before the Wii comes out.

I'm really excited for FE10.  Right now my biggest fear is that the game will check your FE9 data and transfer over stats or something.  My Sothe is still at level one.    
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
I'm sure it's a good idea, I'm just personally fed up with RPGs.
Maybe I'll be ready for it after I beat Metroid.

That makes me cry
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
Hey vudu, I had to give up on my first attempt at HHM last week at chapter 22 (I think it was Chap. 22 - it's the chapter where you recruit Heath and Rath for the second time).  I feel like I'm under leveled... any suggestions?
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
RE: Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
So...this doesn't use the Wiimote to point and select, but instead the classic controller.

Am I the only one who is totally unable to understand that? It seems about as stupid a decision you can make. I really hope that isn't indicative of Nintendo's (lack of) imagination right now...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 05:14:45 PM »
Classic controller was used as proof of concept to show that it IS possible to use it on Wii games. This is a tile-based startegy-rpg game, seriously, it could probably be played purely with the Wiimote if you wanted to.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »
Exactly, Kairon, and that's exactly how it should play. Hopefully it was just one mode, or an early build, because that game should NOT be without full Wiimote support.

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:40 AM »
Well, I guess with the official site launching, time for speculation, huh?

Seems we have a new laguz (wolf, maybe? or is that a lion still?) and another heron.

The movie clip is interesting.  Laguz are definitely fighting Bengion, which is being led by that general who aided you in Daien (but wasn't a playable character).

I guess the question is why, and how will Sothe and the girl fit in?

Also, anyone know Japanese and can translate the information from the character page?

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 04:20:16 AM »
Yeah the laguz are fighting General Zelgius of Begnion and his army. There is a new wolf type of laguz as well. Sothe and his step sister, who seems to be the lord in this FE, Micaiah are from Daein. My guess is that Begnion is trying to annex Daein in its weakened state. Since Sothe and his sister are from Daein, they are probably trying to gain Daein's independence for the Begnion Empire and rebuild their shattered homeland. Supposedly, Elincia is playable as well. This is what leads me to believe that Begnion has probably over stepped their bounds in Daein. Hopefully, we can find out who the Black Knight is. A lot of players thought he was Zelgius. Maybe we will find out for certain in Goddess of Dawn.  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 09:20:30 AM »
Wow, they are step-brother and sister?  That's interesting.  I haven't played PoR in awhile, but wasn't Sothe looking for someone?  Could it be her?

It's possible that Begnion is trying to overtake the weaker Daien, but don't they also have the medallian (and the song, presumably) thanks to the conversation at the end of PoR?  I'm wondering if we're going to see Zelgius as an evil character or a gray character or what.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised of Begnion is trying to retake Daien (remember both the other human states were part of Begnion), but if that's the case why the laguz?  This game is supposed to take place very close to the end of PoR, so it I don't think there is any way the laguz would be in Daien.  It simply isn't save for them there; "sub-humans" are hated by the Daiens.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »
The game takes place 3 years after POR. You can see tons of returning characters. I'm not gonna bother listing everything I know since it would take forever. This thread is badly outdated with all that's been released in the past few weeks.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »
Are all fire emblem games turn based rts's like path of radiance, or are they real rpg's?  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 01:22:09 PM »
All of em are. I think.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 01:24:10 PM »
Yeah, Fire Emblem combat is pretty much unchanged.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »
Ummm...how can you have a turn-based REAL TIME strategy game? The 'real time' is directly opposite to 'turn-based.'

And, does anyone know if this uses the wiimote to select or not?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 04:53:03 PM »
Yeah, I think there was a scan which showed that you could use either the remote or the Classic Controller.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 06:45:23 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Yeah, I think there was a scan which showed that you could use either the remote or the Classic Controller.
Don't forget the GameCube controller!

This game is going to be awesome.  Shame on all of your for pretending to look forward to this game when it's been proven that no one on this board cares about Fire Emblem.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 06:47:18 AM »
Off topic, but we finally have the Swat Katz together on one thread :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 07:23:09 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
This game is going to be awesome.  Shame on all of your for pretending to look forward to this game when it's been proven that no one on this board cares about Fire Emblem.

Who's pretending?  I can't speak for the rest, but this game was the 2nd reason I bought a Wii.

As for an OT reply, there was a new scan in Shonen Jump (can't find a copy at the moment).  Looks like Jill is back as well as that guy from the Tower chapter (who was experimenting on Laguz).  New mage called Pelleas and another lion laguz called Schriml were revealed.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:27 AM »
I lost interest in FE:PoR and never went back, sadly.

I'm also anal retentive and won't let anyone die, so that plays into it as well.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 08:09:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I lost interest in FE:PoR and never went back, sadly.

I'm also anal retentive and won't let anyone die, so that plays into it as well.

How could you lose anyone in FE9? You're playing this in English right? Only the Japanese version contains the real Mainiac Mode, while the English version contains a hyper easy easy mode.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »
I got stuck on the Raven King.

It's weird: I made sure to kill pretty much everything prior to that so my other characters could level and all. Maybe I spaced out my leveling too much?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »
You got stuck on the Raven king!? SPOILER!(I know the game has been out for a while but just in case someone hasn't played it yet)

You did bring Reyson into battle? The only way to get past that battle without losing anyone is to have Reyson talk to the Raven King. This causes the Raven King and all of his men to leave the battle.  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
new scan

Elincia, Lucia, and Geoffrey are back; Lucia even got a haircut.

Also, a german website confirmed 44 chapters and use of either the classic controller, the wiimote, or the gc controller for the game.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 02:45:47 AM »