Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 675281 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#TeamButtons Wins Again!)
« Reply #925 on: April 08, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »
Apparently new Zelda coming to both Wii U and NX, according to Emily Rogers.

It's only rumors, though from people who do good leg work.

I'm a bit bummed that the Wii U won't have a Zelda game to entirely call its own, but this is the better and expected business move.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2016, 04:02:40 AM »
hm,
Maybe VR?
Think about it Nintendo are the Inventors of the Gaming Industry, Motion Controls, 3D in consoles, Touch screens in consoles.
Would it surprise you that the NX might really be a VR system?
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 09, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
hm,
Maybe VR?
Think about it Nintendo are the Inventors of the Gaming Industry, Motion Controls, 3D in consoles, Touch screens in consoles.

It would because most of the time that Nintendo uses new technology like touch screens or motion control, it's done when the tech is more established and costs for it aren't as high as when they were first created. VR would be against this pattern since it still seems to be an unproven and highly experimental concept, (at least to me) and the costs for the technology are quite high and Nintendo's usually pretty cost conscious on their technology.

As much as the Wii U has gotten slagged over the years and complaints have been made about the Gamepad, I expect Nintendo's next console to be an evolution of the gamepad in some way.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 09, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »
Every time Nintendo introduces a new thing into controllers, we should expect a version of it on new platforms if only for Virtual Console reasons. There absolutely will be a Gamepad successor. Whether it's included with the console remains to be seen. Personally, I doubt it. I think most first party games will have a GamePad enhanced control option, and games that require it (e.g. Splatoon) will have a version sold with it. Otherwise, it will be sold separately in stores, and there's reason to believe that Nintendo will allow the 3DS successor to function as a GamePad. Nintendo pushed the GamePad as a luxury item when it clearly wasn't. The most expensive component was a six inch 480p screen which was low-end even in 2012.

I think a traditional controller will likely be the pack-in controller if only for simplicity's sake. Most Wii U games had a Pro Controller option while few required the GamePad or Wii Remote even if they were arguably better with the latter options. For those that want to play Wii games on Virtual Console, they'll have to buy a motion control remote separately. I'm curious how Nintendo is going to handle that. I have doubts it will include the port for the sensor bar. Maybe Nintendo releases a USB sensor bar, or just ditches IR-technology altogether because it's awful. If Skyward Sword did anything right, it showed that the gyroscope in MotionPlus did a better job simulating pointer controls than the regular Wii Remote did with actual pointer controls. Nintendo likes 1:1 emulation, but I hope it reconsiders since the gyroscope worked so much better.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 09, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
I doubt the NX will be backward compatible with the Wii U, so they don't necessarily need a 1:1 replacement for the GamePad.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 09, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
Yeah, I doubt there will be hardware backward compatibility, but Nintendo will undoubtedly resell those Wii U games one day beyond the enhanced ports of select games it will also undoubtedly release around launch.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #931 on: April 09, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
hm,
Maybe VR?

It would because most of the time that Nintendo uses new technology like touch screens or motion control, it's done when the tech is more established and costs for it aren't as high as when they were first created. VR would be against this pattern since it still seems to be an unproven and highly experimental concept, (at least to me) and the costs for the technology are quite high and Nintendo's usually pretty cost conscious on their technology.

As much as the Wii U has gotten slagged over the years and complaints have been made about the Gamepad, I expect Nintendo's next console to be an evolution of the gamepad in some way.

There's a VR headset in Miitomo, so I think that pretty much confirms it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Nintendo is re-branding their logo, in a manner of speaking.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/04/nintendo-looks-to-be-going-back-to-red-in-its-marketing-and-logo/
The red logo always looked better anyway.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »
There's a VR headset in Miitomo, so I think that pretty much confirms it.
There's also a hotdog costume in Miitomo. Does that confirm a Hotdog Reality™ headset for NX?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »
No, just more baseball games.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #935 on: April 10, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
Collection of Rumors about titles coming to the NX:

http://segmentnext.com/2016/04/11/nintendo-nx-games-include-least-four-wii-u-ports/

New Zelda
Super Mario Maker
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros
Luigi's Mansion 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Battlefield
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Mech Super Extended
Ubisoft Game

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 11, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »
Yeah, I doubt there will be hardware backward compatibility, but Nintendo will undoubtedly resell those Wii U games one day beyond the enhanced ports of select games it will also undoubtedly release around launch.

Are you really so sure though? I mean we all love to think the Game Cube had some pretty amazing games but Nintendo has not done a very good job porting those over. GC-Wii, Wii to Wii U is the only time in Nintendo history b/c has even been a thing on the console side of things. If they truly are distancing themselves from Wii U, which they should by all means sweep it under the rug, then we shouldn't expect them to ever port Wii U games to NX. I would expect them to make brand new games for NX and make brand new sequels for games that deserve it. Nintendo wouldn't want you to play Mario Kart 8 Wii U on NX they want you to buy Mario Kart X.

Going from GC-Wii they kind of had to do b/c to sell that Zelda game.

Right now if Zelda U is going to be on NX we can expect it to be like GC to Wii in that the Wii U port will use and rely on the Game Pad but the NX will probably just go with traditional controls, a reversal. Or they will just not bother with releasing it on Wii U at all and just move it to NX. Wii U does not have the install base Game Cube had to worry about "abandoning" they are already abandoning it, they pretty much left it for dead since Splatoon released anyways.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:58 AM »
Collection of Rumors about titles coming to the NX:

http://segmentnext.com/2016/04/11/nintendo-nx-games-include-least-four-wii-u-ports/

New Zelda
Super Mario Maker
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros
Luigi's Mansion 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Battlefield
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Mech Super Extended
Ubisoft Game
"With Nintendo’s financial situation still dire despite the resounding successes of the new Super Smash Bros. games, Mario Kart 8, and the just-released Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for Wii U, the Nintendo NX may be one of the last gasps of Nintendo’s console market. Its Wii U has only sold around 69 million units in its entire run.
This is in contrast to Nintendo’s original Wii system, which was able to sell over 100 million units and even outsold the Xbox 360 and PS3."

On the Star Wars Battlefront/ Battlefield article it's clear the author has no idea what they're talking about and it's purely speculation mixed in with misinformation.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:48 AM »
You can't even bother to put FIFA/Madden on your fake list of launch games? C'mon man.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #940 on: April 11, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
I think Nintendo might be better off calling the Splatoon port a sequel.  Doing a new single player campaign shouldn't be too hard since the one we got was an afterthought and still came out fantastic.  Plus, adding the Octolings could make it feel fresher.  Zelda has to be a port, but maybe they can also bill Mario Maker as a sequel if they add enough assets.  (Super Mario Maker 2! Now with Slopes!)

I say this because the PS4 is basically a last gen port machine, and this may just be me talking, but that's the number one reason I don't own one.  I was able to get every PS3 game I wanted when they got marked down, so I don't really need "HD" ports of those games.  The NX might still look good with ports, since the Wii U has been such a dud though.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #941 on: April 11, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »
This is all going to end in an explosion of disappointment like the Wii U/Cafe rumors and speculation, isn't it?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 11, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
Ubisoft Game
Don't make Yves Guillemot have to pick only one of his 18 shitty NX Launch titles, they're like his children, he loves each and every one of them equally.

This is all going to end in an explosion of disappointment like the Wii U/Cafe rumors and speculation, isn't it?
Yup.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 11, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
I think Nintendo might be better off calling the Splatoon port a sequel.  Doing a new single player campaign shouldn't be too hard since the one we got was an afterthought and still came out fantastic.  Plus, adding the Octolings could make it feel fresher.  Zelda has to be a port, but maybe they can also bill Mario Maker as a sequel if they add enough assets.  (Super Mario Maker 2! Now with Slopes!)

I say this because the PS4 is basically a last gen port machine, and this may just be me talking, but that's the number one reason I don't own one.  I was able to get every PS3 game I wanted when they got marked down, so I don't really need "HD" ports of those games.  The NX might still look good with ports, since the Wii U has been such a dud though.

In my mind a sequel to those games would attract both newcomers and get Wii U owners that already have the Wii U version to buy the new one because their sequels.  But this assumes a world where people don't rebuy games they already own just because Malibu Stacy has a new hat and that world only exists in my dreams.  Clearly all those ports on the PS4 and XB1 must be selling or every company wouldn't be cranking them out.  So while I would prefer sequels I don't know if Nintendo has to bother.  They could probably do alright with a lot of ports of their Wii U games and due to the obscurity of the Wii U that's probably something the majority would prefer.  "Sweet that one Wii U game I had my eye on in on this Nintendo console I actually bought!"

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 12, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
Zelda is a no brainer. It's happening for the NX and we knew this the moment we heard about that last delay. Even when we didn't know, we knew.

Mario Maker seems just new enough to get a port and not a sequel just yet.

Smash Bros Wii U, always a hot topic. The game did release at the end of 2014 but the development just kept on until only 2 months ago and that's not including the patch that came after. It's well supported, for the most part universally loved and on a system that tanked hard. Sure the 3DS numbers make up for a lot of it's sales but even then, the assets between both games could be put to further use.

If a Smash Bros 3DU edition comes out for NX it should surprise no one. Leverage all that hard work and effort that went into characters, stages, music and 3rd party deals so they don't have to start all over again. Release right at the start of the generation and then sometime down the line when Sakurai and the gang are ready, add even more new characters and stages to the game to let it just be next gens Smash.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #945 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

In my mind a sequel to those games would attract both newcomers and get Wii U owners that already have the Wii U version to buy the new one because their sequels.  But this assumes a world where people don't rebuy games they already own just because Malibu Stacy has a new hat and that world only exists in my dreams.  Clearly all those ports on the PS4 and XB1 must be selling or every company wouldn't be cranking them out.  So while I would prefer sequels I don't know if Nintendo has to bother.  They could probably do alright with a lot of ports of their Wii U games and due to the obscurity of the Wii U that's probably something the majority would prefer.  "Sweet that one Wii U game I had my eye on in on this Nintendo console I actually bought!"

They could always go the Squenix route and make a "1.5 HD ReMiX".  I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one doing a rebuy, if that wasn't the case, but you're right.  The big Wii U titles still probably have considerable cache among people who never bought a Wii U, so there's almost no need.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 12, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
I think a Mario Maker port is as much of a given as Zelda. And Nintendo's flirted with the idea of up-porting a previous gen Smash Bros. in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised there. As for Splatoon, I've been convinced for a while now that Splatoon 2 for NX is going to be Nintendo's big game for Holiday 2017, so I don't think that'll get a port.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #947 on: April 12, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
I think Nintendo would be wise to (and I'd be for) putting enhanced versions of Wii U games on the NX early in its life to pad out the lineup. An updated Smash Wii U, Mario Maker, and something else would do wonders. I'd be a sucker and get them again!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 12, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »
Personally, I want new systems to have new games. It's kind of crazy how much that has become radical thinking, as it's something that feels like it should just be a normal want. I guess it just goes to show the problems with game development being so expensive these days.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 12, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
It is a normal want, that's why nobody's said it. It's just taken as a given, of course people want new games. These would ideally be in addition to that.

J.P. Corbran