Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 675227 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (CSI:Sweden Zoom and Enhance! EDITION)
« Reply #850 on: March 24, 2016, 08:20:47 PM »
Am I the only one who breathed a sigh of relief?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 24, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »
Definitely not. #TeamButtons

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 24, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »
I'm calling shenanigans. Not because I liked it or predicted this would be real but that black version is a real, tangible device. Not saying its the controller but its real. So guy 1 makes fake that then guy 2 then makes a real 3d version based on a render posted on the internet? Possible of course but my spider sense is tingling on this.

Either way this has been one hell of a Troller-Coaster.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 24, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »
Right, let's just turn up the light, and:

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 24, 2016, 10:42:30 PM »
So guy 1 makes fake that then guy 2 then makes a real 3d version based on a render posted on the internet? Possible of course but my spider sense is tingling on this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4avdcg/codename_nx/d1chdzl

lol sorry ...
no I did not black controller, he resumed my model (Bravú) and made it a better fake ^
With the leaps in computer power and the dedication of a devoted prankster, it is not out of the question that the second set is also a CG fake. If not CG, then some model with 3D-printed assets is thing readily possible today.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 24, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »
#TeamButtons stands resolute... for now.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 25, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
Here's how it was done.
https://youtu.be/z_B65J86D_8
The first picture was a Photoshop and then a second person came along, perfectly replicated it and made a 3d print of it.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 25, 2016, 10:15:44 AM »
MAGNIFICENT! Behold, The King of Trolls. His kingdom is everything the net touches. All is his whim.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:48 AM »
3D printers are going to make me doubt every hardware leak now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #859 on: March 25, 2016, 01:20:29 PM »

Definitely not. #TeamButtons

Same. #TeamButtons
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »
Will #TeamButtons be on all NWR tweets going forward?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 29, 2016, 01:24:11 AM »
I certainly tried, and failed, to rouse a trend of #TeamButtons in my Twitter circle.

I think it's an important statement in the scope of gaming no matter what.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #862 on: March 29, 2016, 07:17:19 AM »

Although I'm #TeamButtons, we have to remain editorially neutral.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#TeamButtons Wins Again!)
« Reply #863 on: March 29, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »

Although I'm #TeamButtons, we have to remain editorially neutral.

This is the fair and balanced cover that I read talkback threads for.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 29, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
Well April first is just a few short days away, any chance there will be some real news then? Does Nintendo seriously think they can hold off until E3?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #865 on: March 29, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »
99% chance of fake news. 0.1% chance of real news.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 29, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
Nintendo will outline its performance over the fiscal year during its earnings release on April 27, 2016. I'd expect some information around then (though probably not much during the actual meeting) as announcing a new product will soften the blow of Nintendo's subpar financial performance. A full reveal probably won't happen until E3.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:31:40 PM by Adrock »

Offline RPGoblin

• View Profile
    • RPGoblin's YouTube Channel
« Reply #867 on: March 29, 2016, 04:35:16 PM »

Yep, I'm relieved that is was fake for sure. I mean, it didn't look very functional, AND it was hideous IMHO. The new rumors out now about it being a rectangular shape have me interested. I loved the original design of the NES, but if they take that and integrate it with today's technology I'd be moved. Heck, I'd even love the old school gray, black and red to come back.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »
While we may have had some legit announcements on April 1st before, Nintendo are definitely smart enough to not announce anything on the 1st.

I think Adrock's got it right, if we hear anything it'll be late April, but probably still only some vague details until E3.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #869 on: March 29, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »
We had a DIRECT on April 1 last year. (April 2 in Japan). Though I don't think Nintendo's up for repeating that.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #870 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:02 PM »
Unless they end up spilling the beans on something in their earnings call.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 30, 2016, 06:21:02 AM »
Someone is going to ask during that earnings call, and Nintendo may be more forthcoming due to the new fiscal year, downplaying all non-Amiibo performance and focusing on potentially viable revenue streams. However, I doubt we'll hear anything major regarding NX. Maybe some mildly less cryptic hints. A review of the fiscal year just isn't the forum for these types of bombshell announcements. If anything, the most interesting bits would be regarding theme parks, movies, and even mobile instead of NX.

I think there's a possibility of a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct in May to go over the remaining games on 3DS and Wii U (e.g. Paper Mario: Color Splash), all of which will be at E3 but ultimately overshadowed by NX and Zelda, inevitably also on NX. I doubt we see games until E3. Any NX details between now and E3 will likely be mentioned in interviews, and it'll be things we expect yet will discuss and speculate to death about like partnerships with AMD and Broadcom. Manage your expectations. Outside of leaks, we're not seeing actual hardware and software until E3.

Assuming Nintendo absolutely launches NX this year, it hasn't had this quick of a turnaround between unveiling and launching hardware before. We live in a different time now. The spread of information is a lot easier, and judging by how much attention those fake leaks got, the hype is real. Apple has announced and launched a new product in less time. Granted, Nintendo isn't Apple, but point being, it can be done.

Offline RPGoblin

• View Profile
    • RPGoblin's YouTube Channel
« Reply #872 on: March 30, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
Someone is going to ask during that earnings call, and Nintendo may be more forthcoming due to the new fiscal year, downplaying all non-Amiibo performance and focusing on potentially viable revenue streams. However, I doubt we'll hear anything major regarding NX. Maybe some mildly less cryptic hints. A review of the fiscal year just isn't the forum for these types of bombshell announcements. If anything, the most interesting bits would be regarding theme parks, movies, and even mobile instead of NX.

I think there's a possibility of a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct in May to go over the remaining games on 3DS and Wii U (e.g. Paper Mario: Color Splash), all of which will be at E3 but ultimately overshadowed by NX and Zelda, inevitably also on NX. I doubt we see games until E3. Any NX details between now and E3 will likely be mentioned in interviews, and it'll be things we expect yet will discuss and speculate to death about like partnerships with AMD and Broadcom. Manage your expectations. Outside of leaks, we're not seeing actual hardware and software until E3.

Assuming Nintendo absolutely launches NX this year, it hasn't had this quick of a turnaround between unveiling and launching hardware before. We live in a different time now. The spread of information is a lot easier, and judging by how much attention those fake leaks got, the hype is real. Apple has announced and launched a new product in less time. Granted, Nintendo isn't Apple, but point being, it can be done.

I'd have to agree with this, and if I was guessing I would really speculate the first week or two of April to focus on Miitomo, as it comes out tomorrow here in the US. I'm pretty excited for it. Also, we (as Nintendo fans) have a ton of great content to keep us busy until E3. I'm probably most stoked about Miitomo, Bravely Default 2, and of course Star Fox Zero.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 30, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

I'd have to agree with this, and if I was guessing I would really speculate the first week or two of April to focus on Miitomo, as it comes out tomorrow here in the US. I'm pretty excited for it. Also, we (as Nintendo fans) have a ton of great content to keep us busy until E3. I'm probably most stoked about Miitomo, Bravely Default 2, and of course Star Fox Zero.

We are not all Nintendo fans, some , or (maybe many?)of us are video game fans, who happen to enjoy Nintendo games. Some of us own a console and not a handheld so I don't think people who are itching to hear about the next console are even slightly interested in what the handheld scene is doing. They are not now, nor have they ever been the same scene, despite some overlap.

I am pretty sure NX won't be fully revealed until E3, nobody should be expecting that, but I don't see why they can't talk about something NX related before then. I think they should mention something, even if it is vague, this week.