Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 617363 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
Sword and shield using M+ precision for advanced slashing and blocking
Boomerang, Bow & Arrow, Bombs throwing & fishing with M+ strength and angle detection.
Grappling hook using M+ for swinging around your head and throwing.
maybe a giant hammer

maybe a lock picking puzzle or two
a tightrope walk
canoeing on the river to get to the fishing spot
projectile/light reflecting from shield

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
Holding Princess Ruto over your head so you can grab her Holy Mackerals.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »
While I'm sure that discussing Nintendos past voice acting is exciting it really isn't about the new Zelda game.

So this is likely to use Motion Plus. What Zelda weapons do you think would work well with Motion Plus? Any ideas on a new Zelda weapon that could use Motion+?

Voice acting has potentially as much to do with this new Zelda as Motion+ does. If we aren't allowed to go "off topic", why should you be allowed to?
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
While I'm sure that discussing Nintendos past voice acting is exciting it really isn't about the new Zelda game.

So this is likely to use Motion Plus. What Zelda weapons do you think would work well with Motion Plus? Any ideas on a new Zelda weapon that could use Motion+?

Voice acting has potentially as much to do with this new Zelda as Motion+ does. If we aren't allowed to go "off topic", why should you be allowed to?
Miyamoto said numerous times that he would like to keep Link's voice to the imagination of the player.I'm sure that is the case with Zelda,Ganondorf and the rest of the NPCs.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »
canoeing on the river to get to the fishing spot
I would love to see a canoe that could be used in any water system.

With regards to voice acting, whenever I see this argument I feel obligated to remind that Link never has any dialogue.  So basically it's a moot point for his character, unless they decide to give him something to say.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
Grappling hook using M+ for swinging around your head and throwing.
maybe a giant hammer

Maybe instead we'll get the hook/clawshot and the return of the ball and chain.

Might there be the return of the shovel? And what about the Lens of Truth (or something like it) that's handled like a real life magnifying glass?

I wonder if Motion Plus could enhance sumo wrestling...
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2009, 08:30:09 PM »

Might there be the return of the shovel? And what about the Lens of Truth (or something like it) that's handled like a real life magnifying glass?

No, that's impossible, Wii is only capable of lame, novel, substance-free, non-standard, game-breaking waggle that will soon fizzle out like disco.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:36 PM »

No, that's impossible, Wii is only capable of lame, novel, substance-free, non-standard, game-breaking waggle that will soon fizzle out like disco.

Ah. In that case: waggle to break free from enemy's sumo grapple; waggle to grapple and throw enemy!
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »

Ah. In that case: waggle to break free from enemy's sumo grapple; waggle to grapple and throw enemy!

You forget waggling the nunchuck and Wiimote separately to do the Sumo Foot-stomping thing, along with using the Wii Speak to cry out "Hero Boy!" for an instant win.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »

You forget waggling the nunchuck and Wiimote separately to do the Sumo Foot-stomping thing, along with using the Wii Speak to cry out "Hero Boy!" for an instant win.

If only Nintendo ever gave themselves time to implement Wii Speak into their games...
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »

If only Nintendo ever gave themselves time to implement Wii Speak into their games...

Unfortunately, the Wii just doesn't have the processing power to implement it.  It would create a paradox that would destroy the entire universe!  On the other hand, we could just get knocked out.  Granted, that's a worst case scenario...

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

Unfortunately, the Wii just doesn't have the processing power to implement it.  It would create a paradox that would destroy the entire universe!  On the other hand, we could just get knocked out.  Granted, that's a worst case scenario...

Wii development progress goes "boink"

...Right, so, any other Motion Plus ideas?
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
I have a few, but I think I'll compile them with some interesting scenarios and gameplay mechanics.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »
I'd like to see a return of actual magic in the next Zelda ala Zelda II or even item-based spells like in Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time.  When you use them, you use Wii Motion Plus to draw magical symbols in the air ala what Dragon Quest Swords tried to do to perform the incantations.  The game usually stops anyway when you use such items and players probably would rarely use them, so why not?

I'd also like to see the return of the Magnet gloves from Oracle of Seasons, which you'd use the pointer to select a magnetic object with maybe twisting the remote or whatnot to perform reverse polarity.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2009, 03:41:58 AM »
Magnet Gloves + Iron Boots = Disaster!
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
You fools link has spoken and in of the more recent games as well. Remember that temple where you take control of the statue in WW? To call it over Link would actually yell "Over here!" I remember when WW first came out, no seemed to care about that but me. He abviously wont ever be saying much else, but that was voice acting for sure!

Anyone mention using the grappling hook to hook on to items and smaller enemies and actually swing them around? That sounds motion plussariffic!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
Dismembering enemies based on swing angle.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

Return of that one specific mask from MM.. was it the Kamaro mask or something like that?

I just want Link to be able to don the mask, and via the power of Motion+ wave my hands around for him to perform that awesome dance!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NovaQ

• View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »

Return of that one specific mask from MM.. was it the Kamaro mask or something like that?

I just want Link to be able to don the mask, and via the power of Motion+ wave my hands around for him to perform that awesome dance!

Yeah, I think that was Kamaro.

...Hey, that gives me an idea: what if, instead of learning new songs for various purposes, you learn specific dances? I'm... actually being serious, I think. It could be be a really fun change of pace, especially since Wind Waker already used a baton and OoT already used something similar to a flute (which would be the most obvious/intuitive choices for the Wiimote).

Are there any ideas for a specific instrument or set of instruments for Link to use this time around? I imagine that Nintendo's experience with Wii Music has left the Zelda team with all sorts of possibilities.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »
I think in regards to inventory and what ideas can be done with Motion+ I think Nintendo should not feel obligated to putting in the same items again and again.  I would say shield and sword are the only two that need to be there (and maybe the sword isn't even in this one).  Even really familiar items like the boomerang, bow and hookshoot should be considered optional.  Nintendo should not feel the need to put these in just to meet Zelda "requirements".  Just brainstorm some cool ideas and some create items to wrap these ideas around.  And if this means the traditional items are there or not it shouldn't matter.

What truly defines Zelda?  What do you need to ensure that Zelda still feels like Zelda?  I say the game has to have an open expansive world you can fully explore.  It's not a level based game for example.  All interaction is in real-time.  "Power-ups" that you find are permanent.  Not all characters you encounter are enemies and not all areas pose a threat (a major difference from Metroid which is like one huge Zelda dungeon).  There is a combination of puzzle solving and action, not just one or the other.

With that definition of Zelda there is a LOT that Nintendo can do.  So they should take that into account and not feel that they have to include this or that to please the fans.  If Link's Awakening can exist and be quite popular without Zelda, Ganon, Hyrule or the Triforce in it then Nintendo doesn't have to treat each game like fan service.

So they should go for broke.  I just want them to promise to make the best game they can in a reasonable time frame and budget.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »

...Hey, that gives me an idea: what if, instead of learning new songs for various purposes, you learn specific dances? I'm... actually being serious, I think. It could be be a really fun change of pace, especially since Wind Waker already used a baton and OoT already used something similar to a flute (which would be the most obvious/intuitive choices for the Wiimote).

Are there any ideas for a specific instrument or set of instruments for Link to use this time around? I imagine that Nintendo's experience with Wii Music has left the Zelda team with all sorts of possibilities.

So instead of masks or songs, link can do ritualistic dances to perform magic or so? I'd try it. With the idea floating around that Link might not have a sword this time, perhaps he'll have more magic at his disposal than ever before or stupid martial arts skills to make this The Legend Of Zelda: Other Z and have tons of ACTION!. The different dance moves can creat a diff. fighting style for new BARE HANDED MATURE LINK
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

So instead of masks or songs, link can do ritualistic dances to perform magic or so? I'd try it. With the idea floating around that Link might not have a sword this time, perhaps he'll have more magic at his disposal than ever before or stupid martial arts skills to make this The Legend Of Zelda: Other Z and have tons of ACTION!. The different dance moves can creat a diff. fighting style for new BARE HANDED MATURE LINK
And it can all be done using M+ and the Balance board so that you actually have to dance around....

....ummm, how about no.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:45:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »
might wanna fix your post before you go putting down peoples clearly stupid ideas ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
might wanna fix your post before you go putting down peoples clearly stupid ideas ;)

nice catch. I hate how the quote window works sometimes. leads you to believe you are at the bottom of the post when clearly you are not.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »

yeah i hate that! i feel like this never happened before we started using this new forum software

nice catch. I hate how the quote window works sometimes. leads you to believe you are at the bottom of the post when clearly you are not.

lulz