Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1197591 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3450 on: October 08, 2015, 01:28:18 AM »
I just really want The Arrow to embrace the Comic Book nature of the characters.  Give Black Canary a REAL Canary Cry and not some device.  Give the Green Arrow actual Trick Arrows.  Why he can't have Arrows with Tasers for the Arrow Head is beyond me...it would help him not to kill.  Also, The Flash has proved that fully accepting the comic book nature of your character can work. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 08, 2015, 03:37:50 AM »
I heard it was pretty boring.

How are ratings for Limitless?

It is boring, except for how in every single scene Meagan Good seems to be wearing a top perfectly arranged for maximum cleavage viewing angles. It's ratings are 2.9m now (losing 50% in three episodes since the pilot, already far lower than what Almost Human ever achieved)

Limitless is doing just shy of 10m. I haven't started.

My TV schedule is much too big this season and some shows will need to be cut soon.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3452 on: October 08, 2015, 08:12:20 AM »
After Watching the Season 4 episode of Arrow, I am hopeful.  Personally, it feels like they could be doing a sorta reboot in a sense.

They are calling him the Green Arrow, they seem to have told the audience that the Green Arrow is trying to be something different.  The Flash backs are back to the Island presumably where Oliver will face his dark demons one last time...and they had an awesome surprise at the end that points to the direction of the entire season. 

Plus they had at least one trick arrow already and sense the Green Arrow may be going up against some powered villains I expect more trick arrows are coming.  The Flash and the Arrow should be great this year, this may be like Buffy and Angel all over again, except potentially a hell of a lot better.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 20, 2015, 12:14:01 AM »
Gotham: So are they doing Court of Owls or Order of Saint Dumas here?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:30 AM »
Blunt Talk: I thought this would be a show about Patrick Stewart being ridiculous (well, it is, actually)... but somewhere towards last week's episode (ep 9) it started revealing all the other characters being just as fucked up and just as screwy as Walter Blunt himself.

I read somewhere that the show is best described as a live-action Bojack Horseman thats slightly more toned down. That's an accurate description.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 21, 2015, 05:42:52 AM »
Minority Report fell yet again and is now down to 1.8m. That's low even by UK standards (and big budget scifi is rare-to-impossible here).

I'm actually amazed the show is still going, this should have been yanked from the schedule by now. If there was any doubt before of whether it's going to be pulled, there definitely isnt now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:53:02 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3456 on: October 21, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »
Well, the premise just sounded awful.  Minority Report is a concept movie.  It is a story that asks a simple question...is pre-emptive security better than responding to events after the fact...and explores the concept and gives an answer.

The whole story and character revolves only around asking that question...there really isn't much of a world to explore.  So as a TV show there was no place for it to go.

A.I.  is also the same type of movie, but at least that world is deeper.  I wonder how West World will hold up as well.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 22, 2015, 06:00:46 PM »
Well, the premise just sounded awful.  Minority Report is a concept movie.  It is a story that asks a simple question...is pre-emptive security better than responding to events after the fact...and explores the concept and gives an answer.

The whole story and character revolves only around asking that question...there really isn't much of a world to explore.  So as a TV show there was no place for it to go.

A.I.  is also the same type of movie, but at least that world is deeper.  I wonder how West World will hold up as well.

Given the people behind Westworld also did Person of Interest (which itself took the basic concept of AI and has gone in wild directions) i have faith they can pull it off.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3458 on: October 22, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »
3 Episodes in and I can't get a bead on Arrow this season.  They said they were going for a different feel in the show, but honestly it feels the same.  If you like the style of drama Arrow is, then you will like this season.  They have worked hard to build a family of support character, but with the villains just as intermingled with the heroes it seems too much. 

The Flash also feels exactly the same, but at least that is a good thing.  However, I feel like their style of editing the show with the flash logo is getting old. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 22, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
Yeah, Arrow still feels like Arrow. This last episode was the best so far this season.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3460 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Yeah, I think they have a better villain this year...they are showing him actually do evil scary things, instead of just talking about him being evil, like R'az Al Ghul last season.  Basically, last season, I was like, hey why not take the position...not until the last episode did they explain Oliver would have to destroy his city.  By that time, you waited too late.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 23, 2015, 02:02:04 AM »
Ras Al Ghul was really mishandled. They had the stellar episode with the snowy sword fight, then it went downhill faster than Ollie getting kicked off the top of mountain.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 23, 2015, 05:00:04 AM »
I'm back to wanting to drop Gotham again and its only five episodes.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 24, 2015, 02:23:34 AM »
This last episode was the best so far this season.

The opening scene was one of the worst opening scenes I've ever had the misfortune of watching.  I can leave my brain off with the best of them, but remotely "hacking" and operating a backhoe/excavator/crane whatever that thing was had my yelling "What the hell" at the screen....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 25, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »
Hey, it worked in T3.

Oh, wait...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3465 on: October 25, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
This last episode was the best so far this season.

The opening scene was one of the worst opening scenes I've ever had the misfortune of watching.  I can leave my brain off with the best of them, but remotely "hacking" and operating a backhoe/excavator/crane whatever that thing was had my yelling "What the hell" at the screen....

Yes, it was so insanely stupid.  I also loved how the machinery magically shifted gears...I was like seriously, who the hell wrote that? 

You could have done about 50 other different things that could have been more plausible. 
Almost worse was the shot of gunman knocking Diggle down pointing his gun at him for like 3-5 seconds and not shooting.  WHY?  Diggle was helpless and dead.  The episode seems to have been directed by a very poor director.  that shot would have worked much better just being cut a few seconds shorter. 

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 26, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
TMNT season 4 premiere

GLORIOUS.

Literally first two words captain's log...-- and middling season 3 is forgiven. And that new opening! And new looks! Very strong start.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »
You guys see the new JOKER!?

Opinions please. :P

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 26, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
This.

They are trying way way too hard to make him an edgy catwalk reject.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3470 on: October 26, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »
TMNT season 4 premiere

GLORIOUS.

Literally first two words captain's log...-- and middling season 3 is forgiven. And that new opening! And new looks! Very strong start.

I thought that season 4 opening was too cluttered.  They just did too much.  But I love that the Fugitoid is basically The Doctor and is played by one of the best Doctors. 

I don't think season 3 is that bad.  Season 1 is still the best with season 2 just a little behind, but season 3's episodes in the Forest are some of my favorite.  I since season 4 will take a similar root.  We will have half a season in space and then get back to Earth.

« Reply #3471 on: October 28, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
Right now I have been watching Heroes Reborn, Gotham Rise of the Villains, and The Walking Dead.

Heroes is at it again, stringing you along week to week when you know the pay off is not going to be worth it. I am probably done after this week because seeing Hiro come back was all I was waiting for.

Gotham is so-so, I am excited for the new season I love the first but so far its mixed feelings for me. I like how Bruce is shaping up. I also enjoy how Gordon is starting to get how Gotham works. But I am not liking the side characters, the cat, or the creep running for mayor.

The Walking Dead, if what I think happened really happened, I am DONE with that show. I took a LONG break after what happened to Lizzy and again Beth, I don't think I can handle that if it is true.

I watched half of an episode of Minority Report, yeah it needed to be cancelled at the pitch meeting long before it got to this point.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 28, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
I had a theory about Walking Dead and wonder if that came true. Will find out when we get on the season this weekend.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 28, 2015, 08:43:22 PM »
Spoiler alert: It most likely did not happen but (real spoiler alert): it is going to happen soon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #3474 on: October 28, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
Spoiler alert: It most likely did not happen but (real spoiler alert): it is going to happen soon.

This.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.