Author Topic: E3 expo site is up and running. (And predictions)  (Read 3700 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
E3 expo site is up and running. (And predictions)
« on: January 13, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »
Well I recieved a note in the mail that it was time to register for E3. I went over to the site but the floor plan is not up yet. (But Nintendo will be in the West Hall, probally in the back corner like usual.( I will be filling my registration out soon since I don't want to miss the Revolution.

I may accually have business to conduct at E3 since I will be starting my own development studio at the end of year. I want to see if I can get financing from a venture capitol company such as the one Samus Blackly started.

So what are your Revolution hopes/ predictions. Mine is that Nintendo will support the Home Brew and smaller developers by making the hurdle of devlopment/publishing lower.

Here's the link to the site.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: E3 expo site is up and running. (And predictions)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
i got a  firefox extention only 115 more days!

and um i'm  a 3d artist.  I'm tired of schoolo and super creative. I can make textures  and 3d models. So  instant message me when you start that company
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »
Sounds good, I'm more of in the programming and business parts of game creation.

(Sorry about the quality of my posts tonight. I'm at work being "productive'.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 04:19:18 PM »
115 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes!

I'm hoping Ninty reveals a full-fledged cooking game, a horror game akin to the one in the Rev trailer, and HOPEFULLY Mario 128...It'd also be fantastic if Ninty revealed they are working closely with 3rd parties for unique exclusives and all that jazz...

(Oh, and good luck with your dev studio, BlkPaladin!)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
Well, at least we'll get a release date and price. I think that there'll be a launch window of games but maybe not an exact list of launch titles. However, there will be word on what we want to see.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:E3 expo site is up and running. (And predictions)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
Hmmm.  ThePerm and BlKPaladin, I might need to talk to you guys in a few months.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:28:19 PM »
I got my registration booklet in the mail today...

I wish I could afford to go just for the press conferences.  Stumbling through the crowds to try and play games doesn't exactly sound fun to me.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 05:32:14 PM »
Wow, seems like biweekly prediction threads are the fashion nowdays..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
Well I had to add something that gave this more of a Revolution twist. I made this post to state that the E3 registration site is up. The public site doesn't come up until March, I think I will have to look at the packet again.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:58:57 PM »
I swear, Nintendo should release NES dev tools and let you buy em for 200 bucks. That way homebrew gamers can get a console that isn't too powerful for them to comprehend, and they can get some real games that could possibly be uploaded to Nintendo's WiFi.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 04:24:31 AM »
I'd almost give my left nut to be able to go...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:04 AM »
You now I think that was a example quest in Neverwinter Nights
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:42 AM »
I went 2 years ago and I managed to get into this year's too. I really cant wait. Im looking forward to hearing about actual games...and seeing them. Do you guys think theres a chance of actual playable games? Or maybe for a select group that waits on a 10 mile line like they did for the DS or something. Anyhoo, what are the qualifications for getting into the conference? I just found out my hotel is extremely close to the Kodak Theatre too, which is where I'm pretty sure the conference is.
"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

Originally posted by: BlkPaladin

I may accually have business to conduct at E3 since I will be starting my own development studio at the end of year. I want to see if I can get financing from a venture capitol company such as the one Samus Blackly started.

Here's the link to the site.

I've been trying to figure out how I too can start in the business. I've got Rareware level Concept Art, and a working design document, along with a script.

I even made a contact into the industry through Major Nelson (Xbox blog guy) at the X360 Special Preview Event, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Go to the University of Pheonix and get a BGD? Or start trying out there on my own.

I really really want to work with the Revolution.

So what are your Revolution hopes/ predictions. Mine is that Nintendo will support the Home Brew and smaller developers by making the hurdle of devlopment/publishing lower.

That will be achieved to a certain extent regardless of what they do. It's no question that a souped-up Xbox won't be nearly as difficult to create a game on over a Tri-Core wonder, or the SPE behemoth.

Would like to see some of Nintendo's engines being useable for smaller teams. Retro's Prime Engine, or N's TP engine could create my little series with ease. While still being pretty.

With the Revmote, Nintendo is giving me new and interesting ways to play with myself!

WoW!

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »
Some made an engine for the Gamecube (right now I'm at a lost at the name of the company) but it is basically a frame to put your game into. They are usually used by companys that just want to get their game out. (Usually or like people just starting a head start)

As to getting into the industry, it is recommend you make a profoilo of shorts with projects that you are working on and examples of what you can do. (This differs from a person who is concetrating on the art or a person on the programming side of things) If you are a programmer, simular to me you will want to have example of code you have made. (I also have game ideas and game design documents already made since I'm also into the accual complete creation of the game, I just not really good at the art thing. {I have tried and have some talent in spacial mechanic and 3D, but not in coloring shading and depth.})

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 05:55:18 AM »
I had the chance to go to E3 the last year but didn't go.

My combined hatred of crowds, air travel and California will prevent me from ever going to one of these.

I just don't see 2-3 days of playing unfinished games as being worth the hassle and money involved, especially when all of the media I want to see is made readily available for download mere hours after it has been presented at E3.

-SB
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 06:09:18 AM »
If this was any other E3 I would agree, but this is the Revolution E3! its the chance to try that remote Im crazy about, and no media I can download will give me that. For me is impossible to go anyway so I should just pretend I dont want to go...

I want to go T_T

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 06:50:52 AM »
I might go, as I mentioned in the "Getting into E3" topic on the General Chat board.  I'm partway through the "business license-obtaining" portion.  Stupid red tape...

I also don't like crowds, and don't see how much playtime I'd get with anything at all.  But just for the experience, I'd like to go to one E3 in my life, and new system launches don't come every year.  With Nintendo it seems to be every five years, and the Revolution is promising to be so revolutionary that this would probably be the one to go to.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 07:00:22 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but I figure it won't be too long before I can try it anyway.

Also, I have a job that would never allow for a 5 day absence, but it's the crowds which I truly despise.

-SB
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64