Author Topic: Revolutions Fat Library  (Read 16791 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Revolutions Fat Library
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2005, 08:55:19 AM »
Even better is that if they sell their games for cheap and people buy a ton, Ninty's gonna make even more money off additional memory cards
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2005, 10:04:11 AM »
KnowsNothing:  That is only if Nintendo offers official SD Nintendo memory cards.  Remember I can buy any SD card I want for the system.

Personally, I can see myself downloading about 20-50 games from the NES, SNES, and N64 era games.

The Legend of Zelda Series
Super Mario Series
Super Mario RPG series
Mario Kart Series
Kirby
F-Zero Series
Mario Paint
All Nintendo Puzzle Games
Super Metroid

If 3rd party games are available
The Mega Man Series
Castlevania Series
Bomberman Series
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy (some)
Madden Football
Mario Tennis/Mario Golf

That is just off the top of my head.  I know I am missing some seriously great games and franchises.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2005, 11:03:51 AM »
I'd like to download Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.  I think it's horrible that the GB Player is still FIFTY AMERIKAN DOLLERRZ
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Revolutions Fat Library
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2005, 06:53:38 PM »
well I didnt mean to sound like us older nostalgia gamer swont care bout the rev stuff, cuz I boughta cube for their new stuff too, but I do know that teh virtual console will be a huge selling pont, which will bring in more people to attract more 3rd party devs to make more new games. I just hope that the new games are fun as the old ones.

I know that even for my GC I own more compilaton disks than anything else and mostly play Smash Bros for the trophies and the Adventure mode. I love that you can play threw the mushroom kindgom as practiacly any major Nintendo Character AND that those cool Ice Climber were inlcuded. Theres one things that still worries me about the virtual console, and correct me if Im wrong, but what about the games Nintendo made BEFORE the nes (as much of a shock as that may be to some of you they actualy used to make games for Atari!)

Im talking about Popeye (my personal favorite form that era), Donkety Kong (preferabley arcade version cuz 2600 and NES both sucked), Original Mario Bros (original arcade version also cuz updated GBA version wasnt as cool).

Also I am curious about thier post NES arcade games, like Killer Instinct 1 and 2, Crusin Usa series or what about Mike Tysons Punch out, will Rev get that or the regular Punch Out remake-rip off.

Also will there be remakes or sequels to other games besides the main five (Mario, Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero) Like will there ever be Kid Icarus, or new Ice Climbers? or a remake of Popeye? Or how about a Mario game set in the MushrooKIndgod with Fire Fire flowers, Star Men, Magic Mushrooms, Koop atRoop as and etc... THATS WHAT I WANT! Yes I am excited Nintendo will revive someold franchises with this service but what about making brand new games for the rev based on old ones? Also wheres Super mario PRGs real stunning 3d sequel been hiding? I mean with visuals to rival FF series (teh real FF not CC crap)? Thats another big game that could have done better if it hadnt been 'flattened and kiddified' into Paper mario. I so hope Mario RPG gets a revival on the rev.

While were still talking games who else want s to see a brand new Turrican game for teh Rev? Imagine using the controller (if you must) to toss your rope to the ceiling and swing across as you use the analog stick to steer. It could consieveabley be a 1st person style game like Metroid Prime but 3rd person would suit it better. Tell whoever makes those games to get on it right now! I nkow Factor 5 and Data East a Genesis Turrican but cant rememebr who did Super Turrican since I sold it a long time ago.

EDIT: I for got to add that Id be willing to pay as much as five dollars agame for NES games and maybe more for SNES games who else thinks that fair not $2 tahst way too low I think. 3.99 bottum line I think.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2005, 03:42:22 AM »
As far as I know, though, any video games they made before the NES or for other consoles or the arcade at about that time were all made/ported/remade for the NES.

My first video game was actually Nintendo's own Donkey Kong, bundled with the ColecoVision.  There was also Donkey Kong Jr.  and Popeye.  As you mentioned, they were also on the Atari, but I'm pretty sure they were also on the NES.

I think that Nintendo will pretty much ignore anything pre-NES.  Unless GB/GBC games are included (and transferable to the DS, preferably) you probably won't see those Game & Watch Gallery games, either.  

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2005, 06:38:07 AM »
yes popey was a luanch titles bt liek DK it was inferior to arcade version, but thats besides the piont if its there I will get it since its a hard cart to come by.

Well I dont knwo about original DK I know Dk 3 and JR were on NES but I thought origianl DK wasnt because it was on everything else. I could be wrong. Also I forgot a lot of thier names but Nintendo had several Arcade games that didnt make it to any home systems cuz NES couldnt handle them and Nintendo didnt liscense out their games to competors anymore. But I forgot what games they were.  The agme an watch are already on GBA and likely get ported to DS so its not an issue, and GB is seperate soe I expwect them to port GB games to undated GB systems not consoles, thats how they generaly do things. I think Sega has bene the only company to port thoer handheld games toa  console so far and I donnt knwo if its works for them or not.

I like the games availabel on Sonic Adventure 1 but havent unlocked any of my other Sega games that supposedly have them. I hope Sonic gets to the rev nowthat I am thinking about it. Of Course for that I would use teh shell I think. And didnt someone at NOA or was it Sega say that they are considering getting Genesis games for teh service? I knwo many Genesis and 32x games are on that video game website If orgot what its called buit you DL the program and pay monthly to get games, most of teh Good Genesis games are there so maybe they plan on doing somethign with them for Rev after all. Who knows except in order for that to work Nintendo woudl have to liscense teh Genesis emulartors from Sega and they might not want that. We had this same disccusion over at Sega boards on thier website but generaly speaking Sega fans hate Nintendo as much as Nintendo fans hate SOny. Me as a Sega fan I hate SOny for killing sega and trying to kill Nintendo.  

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2005, 06:56:03 AM »
I was a Nintendo fanboy (I think I'm a fan now, in the sense that I don't think my tastes are irrational, or at least less so), and I used to say "SEGA SUCKS!" but I think it was just that I liked the Super NES way more than the Genesis.

Sega themselves I've grown more fond of, now that they've gone strictly into software and I've had a chance to play more of their games.  (A roommate of sorts at one time had a Saturn, and my brother bought a used Dreamcast off of eBay.)

I think Sega's philosophies towards games are more respectable than Microsoft's or Sony's.  Even if everyone's in it for the money I'd like to think Sega is more like Nintendo than the other guys.

That said, I keep saying Sega games should be on the service so the Revolution will have a monopoly on nostalgia.

I also think GB/GBC games should be downloadable and transferable to the DS.  Then having both a DS and a Revolution should mean that you can play any Nintendo game, except the odd arcade ones like you mentioned, like the different Punch-Out!! games.  

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2005, 05:45:44 PM »
The only thing is with Sega they are already using most of thier games on that gamefly service and have mentioned interest in Xbox Live arcade so its possible to get Sega games for rev.

Its funny for me I was the oppossite, I was die hard for Sega even though I liked NES i wasnt too into SNES untill way latter, then I realized they were both very good and similar. Dreamcast was actualy pretty close to GC in many aspects but had some short comings also.  But as for teh Sega games on the Rev and Nintendo getting a monapoly on retro, not possible I think, cuz

Sega is already lending out their games in so many different ways already plus many Die hard Sega fans still hate Nintendo and Sony and will support Microsoft as their flagship console, this I knwo from many disscussion over at sega.com forums and being a sega fan myself. I actualy counted my games today and I have more Sega made games than all my others combined and I have all but 2 of thier systems and thats only cuz MS was a NES basicaly and Saturn i JUST got rid of cuez it was boring me and was too hard to find games for.  What I would liek to see though is Sega make brand new games using the rev idea, like a new NiGhts into Dreams that would ROCK on teh rev if the revmote thingy is as good as they say it is, thats ONE game I know will have ME convinced that its worth having a rev for. Now that I think about it its time to send a nother email to good Old Sega and let them knwo that Idea just incase they are too busy with other things to think clearly.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:58 AM »
When I got into gaming (besides Atari) I had a Sega Master System.  It was a great system, completely underrated compared to the NES.  The big problem with the Master System was a lack of games, however the games they did have were great.

Wonderboy in Monster Land is still a game I remember fondly, and wished I had beaten.

If Nintendo was to negotiate and work with Sega to get their games on the Revolution it would be another huge selling point.  Complete modern gaming history in one little package.  $150 would be a steal for that.  And this seems like something Nintendo would invest its money in for 2 reasons:

1)It helps keep an exclusive selling feature (old skool gaming) only one the Revolution and not on either the Xbox or PS3 with Sega.

2)It is something that wouldn't cost too much more money to impliment except for the licensing agreement.

Though I must say IF this happens...I don't see myself buying any new Revolution games, except for the essential Nintendo releases.

Oh, and Nights Into Dreams would be a perfect canadate for a Revolution game.  The 2D flight based mechanics would be very easy to pull off with the controller...and the skill of flight would be represented by how fluid you could pull off flips and spins and such with the controller.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2005, 07:38:12 AM »
i'v always been more of a Nintendo fan then a Sega fan, but i had both systems always. Now Sega sort of sucks after going third party. Sega fans are not synergistic with xbox, or ps2...they defected to Nintendo....goddamnit learn it Sega! Shenmue would have sold a billion copies on Gamecube...i would have bought it! I freaking imported Shenmue 2
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2005, 12:40:13 PM »
As did I.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2005, 05:32:54 AM »
I switched to Nintendo after the initial Genesis games were too easy and boring for me.  Sonic did not hold my interest too long, and almost every other game could be beaten in 3-5 hours.  It was stupidly easy.

When the Super Nintendo was launched I sold my Genesis and picked up the SNES to live happily ever after.  Super Mario World and F-Zero were all I needed to keep me busy for months.

However, to play a few of the old Master System games again.  Great Football, Great Baseball, Wonderboy in Monsterland and such...I really miss those games for the SMS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2005, 12:18:03 PM »
as far as saturn games go...i remember popping them into my computer and looking at the files...alot of games are only like 40 megabytes. Even then what takes up the msot space are fmvs...which could be replaced by real time cinema's that look better then what fmvs looked like 10 years ago
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post