Author Topic: Exclusive Zelda Features on Revolution  (Read 1927 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Exclusive Zelda Features on Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 02:12:30 PM »
I've seen it on a few sites but still no definitive proof... I would be pretty angry if they delayed it so that they could add something that you won't even be able to play if you don't have a Revolution. But I don't think Nintendo would do that - well, at least not add dungeons or other stuff on the Rev version. Maybe there's a small demo showing how Zelda could be played if you pop it into the Rev, but I don't think it will be that huge..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: Exclusive Zelda Features on Revolution
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 03:13:11 PM »
Unlock new playable character: Tingle.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 03:20:41 PM »

I would be pretty angry if they delayed it so that they could add something that you won't even be able to play if you don't have a Revolution

You honestly believe they delayed the title just so they can really polish it up for the 'Cube? C'mon, its been a common theory ever since they announced the delay.

Look at other previous titles: Zelda DX was playable on the Gameboy, but if you had the Color version,  you could play the extra color dungeon. The Oracles series was playable on the GBC, but on the GBA, you got some snazzy rings.

This more or less proves that Twilight Princess will have some Rev exclusive features. I don't know about NGC's credibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at NOE let some news out...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 06:12:11 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
Unlock new playable character: Tingle.

Id be so happy with that, of course, out of all "promises" about the game, the one about Tingle being out of the game is the last they'll break Im still hoping like a fool this whole thing to not be true, at least that they didnt delay it again. Arent rev features so easy to port that they did the MP2 demo in a matter of weeks? or is another of Nintendo's lies? I cant believe Im saying that

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 11:25:01 PM »
^True. The delay is just to cover the 11-month drought next year.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 09:41:10 AM »
I don't think this would be as easy to port as Metroid Prime, because the translation from traditional controller to new controller isn't as obvious.  In Metroid Prime, you trade the Rev controller for the C-stick, and then you just re-map some buttons.  That's easy.  In Zelda, you trade camera controls for...sword swinging?  

I've heard some guess that it could have a mini-game (maybe the fishing game) that uses the Rev controller.  That would be interesting, and more believable.  Personally, if this is true (which I doubt) I really hope Nintendo doesn't delay the launch of the game to November.  I want more than one or two games to play in the next 11 months.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX