Author Topic: Another problem, USB connector.  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Feep

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Another problem, USB connector.
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:03:22 PM »
Here's an odd problem. I finally recieved by back-ordered Wi-Fi USB Connector in the mail today, and was excited to install it and begin play. The installation from CD began, and it asked me to insert the USB Connector, so I did. The install program then begins something like "Setting Up Internet Connection Sharing". The bar moves a few ticks, then an error suddenly pops up: "Please insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector into your computer's USB port.", and the installation ends. Of course, the Connector is in place. I have a working broadband internet connection, all security settings as low as they can go, firewalls and skyware blockers are off...what's going on...?
Al' Ellisande, Al' Ellisande. Arek du arest cont alle axio, te arira.

Offline Feep

• View Profile
RE:Another problem, USB connector.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 06:20:55 PM »
I might add that there are no problems on my roommate's computer, which means the dongle itself is fine.
Al' Ellisande, Al' Ellisande. Arek du arest cont alle axio, te arira.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Another problem, USB connector.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 06:27:33 PM »
Apparently it's something to do with a setting on Windows... i've looked around the Nintendo.com forums and tons of people are having the same problem, but Nintendo doesn't have a solution =\  

Offline combatninja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 10:37:51 AM »
I have the same exact problem. I called Nintendo and they were absolutly useless. I guess I just have to return it and be out five dollars and five hours.
Damn the USB Wi-Fi Connector!

Offline combatninja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »
Damn the USB Wi-Fi Connector!