Author Topic: Australians Skin Ben 10  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Australians Skin Ben 10
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »
Wait, it's not what you think!
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14879

Ben 10 Skins A Blast Down Under    

November 2007, London, United Kingdom - Wrapstar has teamed up with D3P to produce Ben 10 skins for a promotional campaign in Australia.    

The Ben 10 skins were used as a promotional giveaway with copies of the new Nintendo DS Ben 10 game in an exclusive deal with Australian retail giant Toys ‘R’ Us.    

The campaign has been so popular that over 600 units were sold in the game’s first week of release, more than any other format or retailer down under.    

Wrapstar has much previous success with producing promotional skins. Past pre-order campaigns have included skins for EA’s My Sims title as well as Atari’s Arthur and The Invisibles and Tamagotchi.    

Wrapstar skins are a distinctive way to customise, refresh and protect gaming machines and iPods. Made of unique high-quality cast vinyl, the skins are designed to maintain a vibrant, glossy finish and to resist general wear and tear. Wrapstar’s top-secret special adhesive also ensures that no sticky goo is left behind on your device upon removal of the skin.    

The range now includes many new and existing designs as well as promotional skins and licensed designs, such as Wrapstar’s Rugby Football Union (RFU) skins.    

Wrapstar Managing Director Max Haddow says, “Wrapstar’s Promotional skins allow publishers and developers to brand gaming machines with their titles. These act as a constant reminder to the user as well as having the added benefit of continual advertisement of their brands to a wider audience. The benefits of using our skins as an added value, pre-order campaign or bundle deal has seen huge uplifts in sales of the software, particularly with Ben 10".    

The full range of designs can be viewed on the website at www.wrapstar-skins.com

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Australians Skin Ben 10
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »

Originally posted by: NewsBot
Wait, it's not what you think!

I lol'd

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
What the hell is Ben 10?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Australians Skin Ben 10
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »
It's a kids show on Cartoon Network about a super hero kid named Ben.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

What the hell is Ben 10?

Like was said about it's a kids show on CTNW. Ben (age 10), his cousin Gwen, and their Grandpa (known as, Grandpa) fight bad guys as they RV across various parts of the world.

Ben gets his powers from "the omnitrix" (spelling?) a device that crashes to earth from space. The omnitrix allows Ben to, initially, take on 10 forms of various alien creatures (get it? Ben 10? haha! . . . anyway). Gween ends up somehow gaining magical powers and Grandpa kicks ass through various non-sensical means.

And that's Ben 10 in a nut shell.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: Australians Skin Ben 10
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:20:58 PM »
OMG... no wait... cleverrrr.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head: