Author Topic: E3 2012 Predictions  (Read 114379 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2012 Predictions
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Maybe the Pikmin are really ants or some kind of insect like that, and Olimar maybe inadvertently has been able to assume the role of an ant Queen and that's how he can control them. I think this makes the most sense. Of all the creatures which might appear in Miyamoto's garden ants are the ones which are the most like the Pikmin in terms of their behavior.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:09:12 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
Oh yeah Chozo, no question. I mean, after all, Pikmin is the game Miyamoto dreamed up while doing gardening. That man and his hobbies... *swoon*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »

My predictions for E3 2012:

NINTENDO

Wii U info blowout
  • Launch date announced
  • Price revealed ($300)
  • Full list of 3rd-party publishers revealed
  • New Super Mario Bros. Mii revealed as a launch title, includes a level editor and online/offline co-op
  • Zelda HD announced, teaser trailer shown; looks very similar to the tech demo from E3 2011
  • Pikmin 3 finally shown as a "launch window" title, Miyamoto plays demo on stage
  • Wave Race announced as a launch title, takes place on Wu-Hu Island, play as your Mii
  • Killer Freaks From Outer Space announced as a launch title, Ubisoft demos the game, Wii U exclusive
  • Dragon Quest X single player game demoed onstage
  • Mario Kart HD teaser trailer shown
  • Mii Maker app can be used completely on the tablet controller
  • Transfer Mii's between Wii U and 3DS
  • New IP "Quiz Mii" announced, use your Mii to compete in a series of trivia questions in a game-show format
  • Complete catalogue of WiiWare and Virtual Console games available on the Wii U Shop on day 1
  • Wii U has a "System Transfer" feature. You can transfer all your existing Wii data to the Wii U (WiiWare & Virtual Console games, save data, play time, etc.)
  • Nintendo says you can connect a 3DS to the Wii U as a secondary controller
  • Wii U Shop will have iOS-style apps that can be used on the tablet controller
  • Nintendo reveals concrete plans for Wii U online service
  • Partnership with EA, will use Origin framework
  • Single User ID, linked with Club Nintendo account
  • Friend Codes are "1 per console" (similar to the 3DS)
  • Type in a Friend Code, and the other person receives a "friend request" notification
  • Other person just has to select "Ok," and their friend list will automatically update with the sender's User ID
  • Matchmaking is similar to Xbox Live
  • Games support achievements, called "Accomplishments" (like on the 3DS Mii Plaza)
  • Accomplishments give you a Star Rating (similar to Xbox's Gamerscore and PS3's Trophy Level)
  • Voice chat and video chat using the tablet controller's camera and microphone
  • Wii U minigame compilation announced, not "Wii U Sports"
  • Minigame compilation includes the tech demos that were shown at E3 2011; available only on the Wii U Shop
  • Text chat built into the controller
  • Free drawing app available for download on Wii U Shop
  • Swapnote and Flipnote Studio are pre-installed on the Wii U
  • Wii U supports all Wii games and accessories (including Balance Board) out of the box
  • Nintendo Channel is back, and merged with the Wii U Shop
  • Users can rate games, recommend titles to other players, and complete Club Nintendo surveys in the Wii U Shop
3DS takes center stage
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 release date
  • Surprise announcement of a new Eternal Darkness, developed by Retro Studios
  • Redesigned 3DS announced, with a second built-in Circle Pad and a slightly wider body; the 3D screen and touch screen are larger
  • eShop receives a major redesign
  • Flipnote 3D announced
  • 3DS Sound app updated, you can record up to 10 minutes of sound
  • New Super Mario Bros. 3D announced, with a level editor and 4-player co-op included
  • Metroid Prime 3D announced, with enhanced controls like gyroscope and/or touchscreen aiming
  • Teaser trailer for next Super Smash Bros., with a short video of Masahiro Sakurai announcing the game

SONY
PS3
  • More PS Move games coming, mainly from Sony's 1st-party studios
  • Sorcery given a release date
  • Sports Champions 2 announced, includes the following sports: Bowling, baseball, street hockey, skydiving, curling, golf, jetski racing, dodgeball
  • New Jak and Daxter game revealed, includes PS Move support
  • Resident Evil 6 announced with PS Move aiming controls (very similar to Resident Evil 4 Wii)
PS Vita
  • More augmented reality games announced, available only on PlayStation Store
  • Firmware update adds PSone Classics and PS2 Classics support. If the user has PSone/PS2 games on their PS3 already, they can copy these games (and save data) directly to the Vita.
  • Update also adds a YouTube app and Flash support for video streaming, along with Netflix and Hulu
  • New MediEvil and JetMoto games announced for both Vita and PS3, include cross-platform play and save data sharing
Sony finally reveals their "Super Smash Bros." clone
  • Playable on both PS Vita and PS3, includes save data sharing
  • Roster includes characters from the following Sony-published games: Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Ratchet & Clank, Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter), Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal), Wander (Shadow of the Colossus), The boy from Sorcery, LocoRoco, Patapon
  • Characters from third-party games: Snake & Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid - Konami), Crash & Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot - Activision), Spyro the Dragon (Activision), Sonic & Tails (Sonic series - Sega)

MICROSOFT
Xbox 360
  • More Kinect games incoming
  • Silicon Knights reveals new hack-n-slash IP exclusively for Kinect, playable with Xbox 360 controller
  • Resident Evil 6 announced with exclusive Kinect functionality (voice commands, hand gestures, etc.)
  • Kinect software update announced, brings video & sound recording and editing
Xbox Next console teased
  • Basic specs and graphics capabilities shown in teaser trailer
  • Kinect is supported on day 1
  • Features enhanced Metro UI based on Windows 8
  • Microsoft calls it "A true hybrid of game system and media center"
  • Supports all Xbox Live Arcade games and Xbox 360 apps
  • Controller looks like a Dreamcast controller with a 5-inch screen
  • Controller has a Guide button, 2 analog sticks, a plus-shaped D-pad, colored A/B/X/Y buttons, L & R triggers, L & R bumpers
  • Black & White buttons return, located under the A/B/X/Y buttons
  • Halo 4 revealed as a launch title, story trailer shown
  • New Perfect Dark teased, includes Kinect functionality
  • Crytek's new IP with Microsoft is moved to the new Xbox, gameplay trailer shown
  • Games will be released on both disc and over Xbox Live on the same day
  • Digital versions of games will be slightly cheaper
  • MS vows to still support the 360, will release games on both platforms simultaneously
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:52:02 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »
1 Friend Code per system?! How dare you?! We already know that nonsense is done away with outside of the 3DS.

I like the idea of wave race coming back and using Miis doesn't bother me. I just don't want them to take over the freaking game like Pilot Wings. Let it be a Mario Kart type option but not the only thing available. 

All I really need is at least 1 non Mario Kart, multiplayer Nintendo game that has a great online set up. Wave Race, Mario Tennis, Smash Bros, F-Zero, Star Fox. Just one of those would make me very very happy, especially 30 player online F-Zero.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:50:50 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
The Sony characters don't really lend themselves to be in a SSB style game.  It's a unique game that should be left to Ninty characters.  Shat Sony clones not welcome.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
The Sony characters don't really lend themselves to be in a SSB style game.  It's a unique game that should be left to Ninty characters.  Shat Sony clones not welcome.

I love that expression of your avatar.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
1 Friend Code per system?! How dare you?! We already know that nonsense is done away with outside of the 3DS.

He also didn't believe me about RE6 coming to Wii U (even if the info was a little unreliable, it still makes sense)

I also don't see a 3DS redesign being announced when the system is selling great and has lots of colors and bundles coming up. no redesign until next year at the earliest.

But other than those three things, that prediction and the one from FzeroBoyo a few pages ago seem pretty reasonable to me.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
One thing that seems to be on everybody's list that I seriously doubt we'll get is an actual launch date and price. When has Nintendo ever given that info at E3? The Wii, DS and 3DS launch date and price were all announced well after their big E3 blowout.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »

I love that expression of your avatar.

It's actually from that YouTube message when you try to view a video that is not available in your country.

It's also shockingly similar to my sex face.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
One thing that seems to be on everybody's list that I seriously doubt we'll get is an actual launch date and price. When has Nintendo ever given that info at E3? The Wii, DS and 3DS launch date and price were all announced well after their big E3 blowout.

I thought about also crossing Price off the list, but it's rumored to be coming out in the summer some time not too long after E3, so E3 might be the only big event to name that date and price before launch.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »
I don't believe we will get a price.  That isn't as important as the date.  However, I do believe we will get a date it it will be released before Nov.  That is a big caveat, though.  If it will not be released in the summer then it gives Nintendo time to do a nice press conference in August or September to build hype for the launch.  Invite the media to play finished versions of the launch games, with 3rd party representatives on had with there games...

However, I think E3 is the perfect time to announce date if it is happening sooner than fall.  Then Nintendo can still have a press conference for launching with price and launch titles announced. 

I also do not expect details about Wii file transfer or anything like that...launch specific details are much better news stories for after E3. 

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
As I've said many times past, just give me at least a passing mention of new F-Zero and I'm a happy boy

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:24 AM »
Actually F-Zero in HD would be an awesome game.  I think if Nintendo could get HD graphics with 60 frames a second with 30 Cars on screen at a same time, and online play with up to 10 players that would be an amazing feat.  If they got 12 players even better.

The Touch Screen could be used for a very easy to use Track editor.  I think this game is obviously made of win, and would be a great game for a team like Retro to revive.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »
I wouldn't want any less than 30 racers, in fact it would ridiculous to have anything less because you can take other racers out. And anything less than 60fps would be unacceptable as well, the GameCube did it.

God, I want a new F-Zero. GX is virtually the perfect racing game.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:06 AM »
Do any racing games online have 30+ human racers, or am I being naive again thinking it is something that is easily possible?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2012, 02:29:38 AM »
I wouldn't want any less than 30 racers, in fact it would ridiculous to have anything less because you can take other racers out. And anything less than 60fps would be unacceptable as well, the GameCube did it.

God, I want a new F-Zero. GX is virtually the perfect racing game.

Ew, get a room you two.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
Do any racing games online have 30+ human racers, or am I being naive again thinking it is something that is easily possible?
Most online games do not have this many (outside of FPS games).  I think 12-16 is easily doable though and If they work it out properly, I bet they could even get 24 without much problem.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
SONY
PS3

• Sorcery given a release date[/l][/l]
  • Sorcery already has a release date: May 22. Just sayin'
Hey, you really did predict the future! :Q [/list]
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 02:20:59 AM »
Nintendo E3 Conference Expectations

(The crowd's talk is reduced to a murmur as Reggie walks out on stage. A smattering of applause. Reggie takes a pause and looks off to the left before opening his mouth.)

"Well, folks. Here we are. I know most of you think that we're trying to compete with the other consoles out there, but you couldn't be further from the truth. We can't compete with the other consoles because there's no competition for what Nintendo does. We innovate. We make quality games. However, we're going to bring ourselves up to date with your current expectations. Case in point: The Nintendo Network."

(Goes on to explain this, crowd is mildly interested.)

"So the 3DS, huh? It's a pretty damn nice system. Oh, did I not mention that those games we teased last year are getting released soon?"

(Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, etc. given release dates.)

"Oh, and we're making a new Mario title, too. Don't worry, this one won't suck like 3D Land. Because it's in 2D."

(Mario Bros. 3DS shown)

"Speaking of franchises you love, why not have some Metroid? Yeah, that's nice, isn't it?"

(Since everyone seems to believe we're getting a Metroid game, I might as well hop on the bangwagon.)

"Oh, and blah blah blah other crap. Hey, do you remember that system we sold for six years and destroyed our competition with? Yeah, it's dying. But not before the Last Story and Pandora's Tower are released, I guess."

(Crowd is antsy.)

"Now, for the real reason you're here: The Wii U."

(Pretty promo vid that is both annoying and exciting in premise.)

"This bitch is coming out soon. For like, 300 dollars. And guess what? We're gonna have an app store, some nice online capabilities, and- some games. What games, do you ask?"

(Crowd is at the edge of their seats.)

"PUSHMO."

(We are treated to a gritty, modern-warfare-esque rendition of the game, with a serious plot and blood and gore. Tagline, "When they trapped the children... they pushed me too far.")

"DILLON'S ROLLING WESTERN."

(Hyper-stylized, ultra-violent version of the original. Considered a port.)

"AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST. SUPER PRINCESS PEACH."

(Epic, Galaxy-scale platforming and music presented, Princess Peach duels Daisy for the first time. The crowd is on their feet.)

"Blowjobs will be given by our showgirls after the presentation is finished."

(Reggie drops his mic, leaves the stage. The crowd is going wild, unsure if the presentation is over. When suddenly, Sakurai appears on the projector.)

"When thinking about how to revolutionize the Smash Bros. Experience, I came to one conclusion. EVERY CHARACTER MUST HAVE A MOVESET SIMILAR TO STAR FOX."

(The crowd dies in a state of euphoria.)
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2012, 02:27:46 AM »
Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Westerns getting super steroid induced would be amazing and terrifying at the same time.

Also, LANDMASTERS FOR EVERYONE!
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
Wait, I'll do you one better. What if instead of the port, the sequel that was "announced" in the first game is revealed as a Wii U eShop game: Dillon's Rolling Western 2: The Last Ranger.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
Nintendo E3 Conference Expectations

(The crowd's talk is reduced to a murmur as Reggie walks out on stage. A smattering of applause. Reggie takes a pause and looks off to the left before opening his mouth.)

"Well, folks. Here we are. I know most of you think that we're trying to compete with the other consoles out there, but you couldn't be further from the truth. We can't compete with the other consoles because there's no competition for what Nintendo does. We innovate. We make quality games. However, we're going to bring ourselves up to date with your current expectations. Case in point: The Nintendo Network."

(Goes on to explain this, crowd is mildly interested.)

"So the 3DS, huh? It's a pretty damn nice system. Oh, did I not mention that those games we teased last year are getting released soon?"

(Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, etc. given release dates.)

"Oh, and we're making a new Mario title, too. Don't worry, this one won't suck like 3D Land. Because it's in 2D."

(Mario Bros. 3DS shown)

"Speaking of franchises you love, why not have some Metroid? Yeah, that's nice, isn't it?"

(Since everyone seems to believe we're getting a Metroid game, I might as well hop on the bangwagon.)

"Oh, and blah blah blah other crap. Hey, do you remember that system we sold for six years and destroyed our competition with? Yeah, it's dying. But not before the Last Story and Pandora's Tower are released, I guess." The Last Story was given to Xseed. Nintendo of America was too lazy to publish their own game in the US.

(Crowd is antsy.)

"Now, for the real reason you're here: The Wii U."

(Pretty promo vid that is both annoying and exciting in premise.)

"This bitch is coming out soon. For like, 300 dollars. And guess what? We're gonna have an app store, some nice online capabilities, and- some games. What games, do you ask?"

(Crowd is at the edge of their seats.)

"PUSHMO."

(We are treated to a gritty, modern-warfare-esque rendition of the game, with a serious plot and blood and gore. Tagline, "When they trapped the children... they pushed me too far.")

"DILLON'S ROLLING WESTERN."

(Hyper-stylized, ultra-violent version of the original. Considered a port.)

"AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST. SUPER PRINCESS PEACH."

(Epic, Galaxy-scale platforming and music presented, Princess Peach duels Daisy for the first time. The crowd is on their feet.)

"Blowjobs will be given by our showgirls after the presentation is finished."

(Reggie drops his mic, leaves the stage. The crowd is going wild, unsure if the presentation is over. When suddenly, Sakurai appears on the projector.)

"When thinking about how to revolutionize the Smash Bros. Experience, I came to one conclusion. EVERY CHARACTER MUST HAVE A MOVESET SIMILAR TO STAR FOX."

(The crowd dies in a state of euphoria.)
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Adrianwii

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Miiverse - AndrewIdaho
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »
My Predictions:

Wii U:

New 3D Mario Game (Coming 2013)
New Metroid Game from Retro Studios (Coming 2013)
New Zelda Game (Coming 2013)
New "Racing" game from Nintendo (Launch Title)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U (Launch Title)
F-Zero (Launch Title)
Star Fox (Launch Title)
Dragon Quest X Localization (Launch Title)
Apps for Wii U
Pikmin 2 (Launch Title)
3rd Party Games
Wii U Sports (Launch Title)
Wii U Play (Launch Title)
Wii U Fit (Launch Title)
Price at $300
Release: November 2012

Nintendo 3DS:

Luigi's Mansion 2 (October 2012)
Animal Crossing 3DS (September 2012)
Paper Mario 3DS (July 2012)
New 2D Mario Game (November 2012)
Mario Party 3DS (November 2012)
Monster Hunter Tri (November 2012)
Fire Emblem 3DS (October 2012)
The Legend of Zelda 3DS (2013)
New Pokemon Game (2013)
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 3D (December 2012)
Mario Golf 3D (September 2012)
Donkey Kong 3DS (2013)

Wii:

Pandora's Tower (October 2012)
Dragon Quest X (November 2012)
Mario Tennis (September 2012)
Mario Golf (September 2012)
Wii Party 2 (October 2012)
Wii Music 2 (November 2012)

Nintendo DS:

Pokemon Black and White 2 (September 2012)

Nintendo ends up as the best presentation in E3 2012. Reggie talks about 3DS, Iwata talks about Wii U and Miyamoto demos either Pikmin 2 or the New 3D Mario Wii U Game or New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:54:11 AM by Adrianwii »
Nintendo Gamer since 2002
Favorite Games: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Mario Party 10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
Ubisoft has made their presentation time known.

Ubisoft's E3 media briefing is June 4 at 3PM PST.
https://twitter.com/#!/jimreilly

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2012, 01:46:12 AM »
Adrianwii, I think you are being a little too ambitious when it comes to launch games. The SNES, N64, GCN, and Wii all launched with just 2 games from Nintendo. So I don't see them bucking that trend and having 5 for Wii U. And as much as I love Zelda, I don't see a new one (especially on a brand new system) coming out only 2 years after the last one.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20