Author Topic: Mistwalker's "The Last Story" out in NA via XSEED!  (Read 171220 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Mistwalker's new RPG "The Last Story" coming to Wii in Japan in 2011
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »
Stratos, you got to factor in that she probably gets asked questions every time she wears that jacket out. Maybe she wasn't more open because she was annoyed.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
So Mistwalker has a new RPG.  I hear its about Stratos talking to a Woman in a Nintendo Jacket.  Awesome graphics.  It "The Last Story" due to the Dating Sim portion of the story and you investigate the slow deterioration of NOA through NCL micro-mismanagement.  Reggie will be Playable, complete with Sea Monster, plus notable past Marketers.  You will visit TreeHouse.  Already slated for a Japan release.  NoE is interested and No Word from NoA.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
The important thing, though, is that the game will (if this is true) be translated into English. It's really easy to install the Homebrew Channel, and with it the ability to play import games.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:48 PM »
The important thing, though, is that the game will (if this is true) be translated into English. It's really easy to install the Homebrew Channel, and with it the ability to play import games.
I don't think this game is import friendly.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »
The important thing, though, is that the game will (if this is true) be translated into English.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
Aren't there extra steps you need to do in order to play a PAL game because of the difference in televisions?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's just a menu selection in Gecko OS.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »
It sounds like The Last Story & Pandora's Tower both have a shot at coming out in Europe.

http://www.livewii.fr/news/158610-%5BE3_11%5D_Mathieu_Minel_parle_de_Xenoblade_et_The_Last_Story
Nintendo of France:
-Xenoblade hits Europe in Sept.
-There is hope for The Last Story & Pandora's Tower

Quote from: Matthew Minel, Director of Marketing, Nintendo France
Q: So is the Last Story coming out?

A: We're in the US, so we can't speak about The Last Story... We hope it'll be released. We are only allowed to say "hope"... Hope is promising... just like with Pandora's Tower", he said with an enormous smile.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2011, 12:22:25 AM »
I'm not going to dispute the accuracy of that visual aid.

J.P. Corbran

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I've edited the topic title to take into account recent updates.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
So I guess the N in NA stands for "never"...

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

Alternatively, you could say that NA stands for 'Not Applicable'. :P

The nice part of me says: My sympathies to all in the US who were looking forward to The Last Story. And hey, you never know, the stake through the heart hasn't come just yet. There's still hope.

The nasty part of me says: Ha! Now you know what it's like! Sweet, juicy justice is served!

Seriously though, if you really, really want to play it, you shouldn't hesitate to import. Using one of the homebrew methods to allow it to work isn't really all that different from what everyone did to make Gamecube region free.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
It's coming down to that for many people I think. However I'm getting to the point that if I have to do this in the end it gets close to killing any chances of me picking up a Wii U unless it can be modded as well. I don't believe NoA will do right by the core gamers Nintendo says it wants back. Actions speak louder then words.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
I agree.  I'm not very interested in Wii U at this point, until Nintendo can show that there really will be more games that I'm interested in playing and that they're ability to support online play won't be complete garbage.   I may change my tune once something more concrete is shown; thus far, I'm not truly impressed and don't plan to be an early adopter of the Wii U at the very least. 

Nintendo's actions regarding this matter with The Last Story and Xenoblade show that they aren't very serious about bringing games out.  The dearth of games shown for any of Nintendo's systems at E3 is a head-scratcher; it makes me want to shout, "What the heck have your developers been doing all of this time?"
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
If I import this and Xenoblade from Europe, I think I'll bill NOA for the shipping.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Reason #2 for me to install homebrew. Hope you're happy NoA!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I'm not very interested in Wii U at this point, until Nintendo can show that there really will be more games that I'm interested in playing and that they're ability to support online play won't be complete garbage.
In my case, I don't like to buy systems at launch since there just are never enough games to play, so even if the Wii U has an amazing launch lineup I wouldn't get one until at least a year out. So either way I'd like these games to come here so I have more to play whilst waiting for the Wii U lineup to build.

Alternatively, you could say that NA stands for 'Not Applicable'. :P
The title was edited since then, it used to say "NEVER America."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
The title was edited since then, it used to say "NEVER America."

Indeed.  I thought it was more appropriate to specify the North America region, rather than just the USA.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mistwalker's "The Last Story" coming to Europe in 2012
« Reply #370 on: June 26, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
I'm just going to say this.Broodwars I know that this is your topic but I just feel that your changing of the topic to that is just to bring out all the negativity in everyone. There really isn't any need for that type of title.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Re: Mistwalker's "The Last Story" coming to Europe in 2012
« Reply #371 on: June 26, 2011, 06:33:14 PM »
I'm just going to say this.Broodwars I know that this is your topic but I just feel that your changing of the topic to that is just to bring out all the negativity in everyone. There really isn't any need for that type of title.

You say that like NoA's laziness and complacency is not the reason for such "negativity" in everyone, but me.  Fine then, but Nintendo deserves the "negativity".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:34:58 PM by broodwars »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I'm just saying that there is still a chance for release of this game thats all.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
A little negativity isn't always a bad thing--if it can be channeled into something constructive. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
A little negativity isn't always a bad thing--if it can be channeled into something constructive. 
I guess that is true but if these 3 titles head to the US then well you guys willl have to put your money where your mouth is otherwise all the work will be for naught.
Alexis, she/her/Miss