Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103367 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:01:04 AM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »
Whao . . . who was that at the end?

Capcom is going to hell if they don't release this on Wii. Come on Capcom RE4 proves Wii is the best system to handle the gameplay of the RE franchise . . .  

Edit: because it is not on Wii it will never be the greatest thing ever, just a watered down RE experience =P

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »
Wow, it looks amazing. The first game that has seriously got me to consider getting a 360.

My hope, though, is that the temptation of money gets Capcom to pull a RE4 for the PS2 with it to maximize profits.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »
Yeah I am hoping the same Arbok. It looks graphically great but I don't think it'll need to be toned down too much for Wii to be able to handle it.

Plus, I can't see ever playing another RE game without a Wiimote. It just isn't right.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »
That was a pretty good trailer. The Sony and MS Press conferences would have been so much better if they showed that in its entirety because it was so well done.

Too bad I will hate the control scheme since it won't use the wiimote aiming, and too bad the protagonist isn't African. For some inexplicable reason I'm getting this "White Man goes to Africa, saves the world" vibe that's similar to Tom Cruise in the last samurai... "White man goes to Japan, redeems samurai culture."
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro
Yeah I am hoping the same Arbok. It looks graphically great but I don't think it'll need to be toned down too much for Wii to be able to handle it.

It probably will be rather significant due to the number of enemies on screen at one time, if it were to happen. I could more than handle a significant decrease in graphics, though, if it saved me from having to buy a whole new system.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 08:53:13 AM »

It probably will be rather significant due to the number of enemies on screen at one time, if it were to happen.

Maybe but do we know for sure? Have developers REALLY pushed the Wii to it's limits yet?

Not really, only time will tell what it can handle =) (I know you said probably but I think the Wii could handle a lot of enemies on screen, I do).

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro
Not really, only time will tell what it can handle =) (I know you said probably but I think the Wii could handle a lot of enemies on screen, I do).

I do as well, but WITH a significant decrease to the graphics to better handle it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 09:04:40 AM »
Well even if it was brought down to RE4 style graphics I still think that's pretty good.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 09:08:29 AM »
Man, if this doesn't come to Wii I may have to get a 360. I think downscaling for the Wii would work from what I see so far.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
Wow, nice!
I want this game, I need it!
Damn you Microsoft!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
Can't wait till this trailer and Heavenly Sword Demo download.  Then I watch it on TV and see if I missed anything.  Though it looks a lot like RE4 in Africa.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Though it looks a lot like RE4 in Africa.

About the jist of it, but are you really surprised? I mean it's Capcom... you will have to wait till RE8 before they change up the series again in a major way.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
I know.  They even have the little Scythe and man, who looks a lot like Malcom X, yelling at them like the villagers had in RE4.  Also I wonder whats up with the lava and the person, who sort of looks like oh whats his name from RE4, in the water at the end of the trailer?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
Why is everyone talking about downscaling to Wii, why not upscale the RE4 engine to Wii specs and remake RE5 on the Wii for the Wii exclusively for the Wii...oh wait, it's Capcom, 'nough said.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
I bet RE5 is running on an upscaled RE4 engine =)

but yeah still for the love of God Capcom PLEASE give us RE5. You know it in your hearts to be the only way to make RE5 a true masterpiece (by putting it on the Wii!)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 01:09:11 PM »
So should we send plastic poo to Capcom's headquarters and demand RE5 on Wii?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
This game just isn't possible on Wii, thankfully by the time it releases Nintendos next system should be almost out.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 05:00:21 PM »
I really hope the Wii gets a version of this.
If the PS2 could get a downgraded version of RE4 why can't the Wii get a downgraded version of RE5?

If all else fails I guess I can always pick it up for my Xbox360
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
Graphics aside, I was actually put off by that trailer.. After seeing Pro's videos of RE4:Wii, I was like "Damn, this aiming looks clunky" when they showed the actual gameplay.

It wasn't really a problem when I played RE4 on the Cube, but hell, the aiming in the trailer looks even more sluggish than the original RE4. Plus, I've been spoiled by the pointer, so give me a Wii version or give me death Capcom!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »
1. This game will never be graphically downgraded for Wii. It's not worth it. Capcom might as well a brand new game.

2. Since RE5 will never be made for Wii, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Capcom does, in fact, make a brand new RE game with RE4:WE controls. Maybe a side-story, but within series canon.

3. Honestly, RE5 just looks like a prettier RE4. I doubt it'll wow me as much as RE4 first did back in 2005. Don't get me wrong. That's not a bad thing. I'll probably buy RE5 on 360 when it comes out, but I can't see myself being blown away by the game.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
That was a pretty good trailer. The Sony and MS Press conferences would have been so much better if they showed that in its entirety because it was so well done.

Too bad I will hate the control scheme since it won't use the wiimote aiming, and too bad the protagonist isn't African. For some inexplicable reason I'm getting this "White Man goes to Africa, saves the world" vibe that's similar to Tom Cruise in the last samurai... "White man goes to Japan, redeems samurai culture."

You know that's exactly what I thought, and it's a damn shame too. A black man would have fit in so much better. Anyway, what pisses me off is that I can imagine racist motherf#ckers like my past roommate yelling racial slurs as this white dude on-screen kills like a hundred Africans.

That and why is this dude look like he has the Ebola virus?

Still, the game looks great. I love the animation. It looks so hectic and life-like (my favorite part is when he throws a guy off, steps up, and knocks him out).

Oh and BRANDOGG: SHORTEN THE LINK IT"S BREAKING THE TABLE. USE THE HTML TAG AND CHANGE THE LINK INTO A WORD.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
Graphics aside, I was actually put off by that trailer.. After seeing Pro's videos of RE4:Wii, I was like "Damn, this aiming looks clunky" when they showed the actual gameplay.

It wasn't really a problem when I played RE4 on the Cube, but hell, the aiming in the trailer looks even more sluggish than the original RE4. Plus, I've been spoiled by the pointer, so give me a Wii version or give me death Capcom!

As you can tell from my prior posts I feel the same way.

I find myself thinking "man if I even had a 360 or PS3 would I really enjoy the game knowing that superior controls rest on the Wii?". Sadly I don't think I would. Oh well.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:02 PM »
I don't think RE5 runs on an upscaled RE4 engine - I remember reading that the Dead Rising and Lost Planet's engined have evolved into what is being used for RE5.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:35 PM »
Just watched the trailer, and I agree with those who say it looks like RE4 but prettier. Yah, it looks awesome, but if the controls are improved by the Wii, isn't it the gameplay that makes or breaks the game? Really, it makes me say 'Didn't I already play that? It looks like the village, but its daytime and set in Africa.'

I'd bet that Capcom is closely watching the sales of RE4 on Wii, then the sales of Umbrella Chronicles. If RE4 out performs UC, what kind of message does that send to Capcom? Well, now that I said it, I'm thinking they'll say 'Silly Wii owners prefer ports to original content'. Of course they won't say 'Silly Wii owners prefer action games to On Rail pseudo lightgun games'.

I'm not holding my breathe for RE5 on Wii, but I would hazard a guess at another action title in the RE universe.