Author Topic: Iwata Keynote Liveblog  (Read 8710 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Iwata Keynote Liveblog
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
Nah, this sort of infrastructure announcement is just what Nintendo normally does. Heck, didn't they reveal Phantom Hourglass and non-Nintendo platforms for VC at GDC, too?

Those reveals were for GDC 2006 though.  GDC 2007 and 2008 didn't have any major announcements and as a result people forgot that Nintendo does announce major things at GDC every once and awhile.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »
ok, so we'll come back in 2010 or 11 since that's when we're scheduled to care?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
People have to remember that GDC is not for the press or for us gamers, it's for people who actually work as developers (hence "Game Developers Conference" ). It's for them to network, exchange ideas, etc. Yes it is nice to get big announcements from GDC, but that is basically a bonus.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »
But what was the 1Up 'giddy game' I wonder.

Wasn't this related to a VC announcement?  If so it was probably the original Final Fantasy games finally coming out.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »

Wasn't this related to a VC announcement?  If so it was probably the original Final Fantasy games finally coming out.

But I thought they said they were giddy for a Wii game. Did everyone just assume it was a disk based Wii project and not WW, VC or DS/i related?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »

But I thought they said they were giddy for a Wii game. Did everyone just assume it was a disk based Wii project and not WW, VC or DS/i related?

I did. I also thought Square was supposed to make a big announcement this week.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »

I did. I also thought Square was supposed to make a big announcement this week.

Three WW game announcements may have been what was meant. You know how we fans blow things out of proportions.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
The original quote is as follows.

Time to get your hopes up peoples.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8984319&publicUserId=4561231

thought he was just going to be talking about Motion Plus and DSi, but it turns out he's going to be announcing quite a few new games -- for Wii, Wiiware, and Virtual Console (and this won't just be Nintendo titles, but also third party stuff). I've already heard about a few of them (including one that makes me all giddy...I can't wait for tomorrow now).

The part in parentheses seems to be referring directly to the VC.  I guess I just assumed the bolded part also referred to the VC.  Perhaps I read it wrong.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
Looks like the quote could have referred to any of Nintendo's announced games. Did he mention which he was giddy about at all?
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Beats me.  You think I read Sam Kennedy's blog?  ;)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
I think "journalists" just make up rumours that big announcements will happen so people keep checking their coverage.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Bingo.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.